over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Building a New Computer

xcelbeyond

The "Elder" Mod
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I haven't been on much cause I've been trying to get a new computer put together. This is the 5th computer I've put together but still consider myself a novice.

I've had nothing but problems getting this one to boot up. I'm going to work on it now as I just replaced the .sif file on the bootup floppy disks for Win2000 with the one from the \i386 directory off the install CD.

I think a lot of my problems stem from having a SATA 250gb HD (only drive). I made a bootup/setup floppy for the drive but the Win2000 doesn't recognize it!

There is a new guy in the Beginner's Forum asking about diet and I don't have time to help him - maybe one of you guys do.

What f***ing language are you speaking? hehe, I just go to Best Buy.

I built my computer myself, you get a much better machine for the money if you buy the parts and assemble it yourself, but I havn't done one for 5 years, last time I did, I did one for me and then a similar one for a friend, they were PIII machines, and I'm still using it..

Try putting the cgi34 into the d43 r drive. The s-spooler should load automatically after that as long as the rm-345i is installed properly. Sometimes the //4848d9c/9499d.3 can interfere with the 44.33/3../332254./. If that happens don't ever take fictional advice from me again.

lol :p
You actually had me goin there and I was thinkin its gotten more complicated since I last did it until I read the last sentence

xcelbeyond said:
I haven't been on much cause I've been trying to get a new computer put together. This is the 5th computer I've put together but still consider myself a novice.

I've had nothing but problems getting this one to boot up. I'm going to work on it now as I just replaced the .sif file on the bootup floppy disks for Win2000 with the one from the \i386 directory off the install CD.

I think a lot of my problems stem from having a SATA 250gb HD (only drive). I made a bootup/setup floppy for the drive but the Win2000 doesn't recognize it!

There is a new guy in the Beginner's Forum asking about diet and I don't have time to help him - maybe one of you guys do.

Try to boot the Win 2000 CD to the recovery console. It will ask you
to press F6 during the boot process. At that point put in the
floppy that came with the SATA drive to install the driver. Once
you get to a recovery menu to can try to fix the boot sectors or just
do a reinstall.

billbomb said:
Try to boot the Win 2000 CD to the recovery console. It will ask you
to press F6 during the boot process. At that point put in the
floppy that came with the SATA drive to install the driver. Once
you get to a recovery menu to can try to fix the boot sectors or just
do a reinstall.
I only got a CD with HD drivers.

Replacing the .sif file that was on the floppy, which was about 2 years older thatn the .sif file on the CD did the trick.

I'm all up and running now!

sometimes

you also might have to get the drivers from the website that made the harddrive i had to do that for a machine i built for work that i put two of the western digital raptors in it. i had the same problem where the windows wouldn't see the bootable harddisk. so i also had to hit f6 on install of windows and install the third party drivers.

russmeister said:
you also might have to get the drivers from the website that made the harddrive i had to do that for a machine i built for work that i put two of the western digital raptors in it. i had the same problem where the windows wouldn't see the bootable harddisk. so i also had to hit f6 on install of windows and install the third party drivers.

I don't think Win 2000/XP has any native SATA support yet.

russmeister said:
I just remembered - I did make some floppy disks to install HD drivers. The computer wouldn't read them (didn't write down the error I got) - did the F6 thing when prompted. Like I said, copying the newer .sif file is what fixed the problem.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity