advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Cain Velasquez vs Junior Dos Santos III. Who you got ? Analysis inside.

Who is going to win this 3rd fight

• Cain Velasquez

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • Junior Dos Santos

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
lol at anyone who picked JDS to win when they didn't see the second fight. Obvious result

One of the best cards ever IMO.
I enjoyed the womens prelim fight as well!
Would of rather ufc spaced out some of the heavy weight fights cause I hate cards that have no heavy weight fights.
Sanchez, Nelson, Dos Santos have amazing chins!

Do yourself a favor and at least buy that one fight, but the entire card is worth buying. Like what is said above, UFC 166 is the best card from start to finish ever. It may not be stacked with the most exciting or highest ranked fighters in the UFC, but every fight was awesome and exciting.

Congrats to Cain for beating the shit out of JDS once again. He stayed on the cage a little more than I would have liked, but he beat JDS easily again and wrecked his face worse than the first time. Cain is an incredibly intelligent fighter and by that I mean that he took his time and never got sloppy. He had JDS hurt several times and very well could have stopped him earlier than he did, but if he got greedy then JDS could have threw a big punch and ended Cains night. Instead of blowing his load and risking wearing himself out or getting KO'd, Cain chose his shots wisely, clinched, dirty boxed, and repeat. I'm sure people that don't know shit about the sport will say that Cain is boring, blah blah blah......

I am so impressed with Cain and hats off to him for fighting smart, and executing a perfect game plan and sticking to it the entire fight. I'm just glad that he finished the fight this time.

I'm not really a JDS fan, but he gained a ton of my respect tonight. It's undeniable that the guy has a huge heart and has a never say die attitude. Most fighters in the HW division most likely would have given up and gotten discouraged after round three, but JDS is a true professional to the core and kept his composure like no other.

I don't see anyone beating Cain for a very long time. I would like to see Jon Jones put on some solid weight and move up to HW to challenge for the belt.

This was the first ever MMA ppv event I've ever paid for... and it was worth every penny! Some of the best fights I've ever seen...

Unreal fight card! Just great! The cool thing is Dos Santos and Cain will be meeting again and probably again. Those are the top two. JDS will beat anyone they put in front of him, just cant beat Cain. He'll stay number 2 for awhile.

I think what JDS did where he walked up to Cain and did his little preflight routine pissed Cain off. Which let to the 5 round beating Cain put on JDS.

I also enjoyed watching Roy Nelson get his ass handed to him for 3 rounds. The Melendez and Sanchez fight was just the fight of the year boys. Man that truley was an all out war.

Like it said it had to have been one of the best cards in UFC/MMA history. I would buy that card all over again.

If Roy would actually use his grappling/jiu jitsu, he would be a much more legit title threat. He's just addicted to that one punch K.O.

How many of you got AMPED UP when Cain went to the center of the cage when Junior does his usual routine of walking to the center and pointing down his finger. :D

5L1ywpp.jpg

Yeah that was intense! This rivalry really elevated the HW division.

If Roy would actually use his grappling/jiu jitsu, he would be a much more legit title threat. He's just addicted to that one punch K.O.

It's hard to know how much he has anymore, physically he can't get to that level anymore. If he were in the shape he was during his grappling match with Mir he'd be a much more dangerous man.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dj5xMeXybs]UFC Frank Mir vs. TUF Winner Roy Nelson at Grapplers Quest World's Largest Grappling Tournament 2003 - YouTube[/ame]

Cain doesn't waste anytime. Immediately after the fight at a Houston club called The Mark. :de:il-smi

1020-cain-valascez-instagram-3.jpg

Btw, look at this pic. LOL. Anyone look familiar? He blends in so well.:D Everyone on the train have zero idea who he is.
FedorSubway.jpg

Last edited:
I think Cormier is a special fighter. He is top 5 already and should get a title shot soon enough.

I think Cormier is a special fighter. He is top 5 already and should get a title shot soon enough.

Not at HW. He's dropping down to LHW to meet Jones. Cain is his training partner and buddy so it's only right. Like Machida and Silva or what JBJ should've done with Rashad.

Great card. A lot of cards look good on paper but dont come through on the night, this was one of the best.

Melendez v Sanchez was awesome. Melendez could have played it safe in the 3rd round because he already had the first 2. But with 10 seconds to go he stood in the pocket with Sanchez and threw down.

Cain and Cormier would be a great match up, but it will obviously never happen. But Cormier and Jones might be next best thing.

Cain is like the terminator, he just keeps going. I'm thinking the doc should have stopped the fight when JDS couldn't see out of his left eye.

dsc06182.jpg
Brazilian TV "Globo" reported that after the fight Junior was taken to the hospital and did not remember a good portion of the fight, thinking he had been knocked out in round 2. He also did not remember talking to Joe Rogan after the fight.

The tests ran by the doctors cleared him of any brain injuries or anything else serious. Though I am not a medical doctor this can't be good for him later on in life. I don't know man I watched the fight again and felt sorry for him after the 3rd and I wanted to reach through the TV and throw in the towel. lol.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/10/no-hospital-cigano-esquece-parte-da-luta-e-afirma-dor-e-so-no-coracao.html

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGdVA9Hh9NY]Dana White: 'Best fight card in UFC history' - YouTube[/ame]

dsc06182.jpg
Brazilian TV "Globo" reported that after the fight Junior was taken to the hospital and did not remember a good portion of the fight, thinking he had been knocked out in round 2. He also did not remember talking to Joe Rogan after the fight.

The tests ran by the doctors cleared him of any brain injuries or anything else serious. Though I am not a medical doctor this can't be good for him later on in life. I don't know man I watched the fight again and felt sorry for him after the 3rd and I wanted to reach through the TV and throw in the towel. lol.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate/noticia/2013/10/no-hospital-cigano-esquece-parte-da-luta-e-afirma-dor-e-so-no-coracao.html

Dana White: 'Best fight card in UFC history' - YouTube

He took quite the beating.

"I'm feeling well now. I came to the hospital just to get some stitches in the cut I got. The pain is just in my heart for not having a good performance. Now I gotta go back to the gym and train even more, dedicate myself more to come back stronger than ever and maybe someday fight for the belt again. If God wants it, I'll be able to honor the support of all who believe in me". - CIGANO
cigano_mma_fabiocosta.jpg

JDS looked beat up really bad. After the beating he took and falling directly on his head in the 5th round it does not surprise he has memory loss.

FINAL POST FIGHT UPDATE​

Cain's face 2 days after fight
"2 days after the fight bumps, bruises and a few stitches #wellworthit"

**broken link removed**

Cain's "Mini Me"
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

UFC 166 Phantom Cam Highlights (cringing at 9 secs in :eek:)​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbp97jyYOK8]UFC 166 Phantom Cam Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
The Phantom video was awesome. I'm sure JDS will be fine, but damn he really did take a beating. I hope he doesn't end up like Mohammed Ali did from his fights with Joe Fraiser.

Dana White: 'I would have thrown in the towel' on Junior dos Santos at UFC 166 | News ? MMAjunkie.com

"I would have thrown in the towel," White said after the post-event news conference for UFC 166, which took place at Toyota Center in Houston.

That's something that seldom happens in MMA. To think that it might happen from the corner of dos Santos, a former heavyweight champion who is regarded as the No. 2 fighter in the division, but now one whose Kryptonite apparently is Velasquez, might seem far-fetched.

But White believes that would've been best for the Brazilian.

"I had Tillman Fertitta, Lorenzo and Frank's cousin, sitting next to me and asking me, 'How does this work? Can you throw in the towel?'" White said. "I was like, 'That's a good f---ing question. I think if I throw the towel in, I'll get beat to death by his corner and half of the the fans here – and probably next time I (go) to Brazil.'

"I don't want this to come out the wrong way, but I always like to say if anybody in his f---ing corner cares about him, please, throw in that towel."

NO! Because if it would've been stopped by the corner or ref in the 3rd; just about everyone would have been saying that it was a pre-mature stoppage...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131