advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T decline in creativity/brain power w age?

ssdark1

Registered
ive often read where some of my favorite artists state that their most creative periods were in their early twentys. ive also seen studys regarding the death of brain cells as we age and was just wondering what some of the more experienced board members (older:) ) thought about the subject.

at what age does it become clear that your mental apex has passed? 50? 80? everyone is different and the question is unanswerable? do test and GH levels have anything to do with it? i assume they do.

ive often read where some of my favorite artists state that their most creative periods were in their early twentys. ive also seen studys regarding the death of brain cells as we age and was just wondering what some of the more experienced board members (older:) ) thought about the subject.

at what age does it become clear that your mental apex has passed? 50? 80? everyone is different and the question is unanswerable? do test and GH levels have anything to do with it? i assume they do.

I have zero doubt my brain capacity has diminished when it comes to certain tasks. It happened here in my forties. Good news is experience and maturity have allowed me to better direct the "force" I have left.

I attempt to solve a "mensa puzzle" pretty much daily in way of a desk calendar. (A very cruel present I received last year, but I bought my own this year). Also try the crosswords. I've lost a step. Things are still in the same room in my brain but just slightly out of my grasp. I am on l new medications that seemed to coincide with my slight decline.

I think in the long run, if I continue to lose brain cells, I will end up being an overall happier person, as not only will I not be able to solve problems, I will cease to recognize "I have a problem."

YOU ARE PRETTY FUNNY PWOOD...

I have zero doubt my brain capacity has diminished when it comes to certain tasks. It happened here in my forties. Good news is experience and maturity have allowed me to better direct the "force" I have left.

I attempt to solve a "mensa puzzle" pretty much daily in way of a desk calendar. (A very cruel present I received last year, but I bought my own this year). Also try the crosswords. I've lost a step. Things are still in the same room in my brain but just slightly out of my grasp. I am on l new medications that seemed to coincide with my slight decline.

I think in the long run, if I continue to lose brain cells, I will end up being an overall happier person, as not only will I not be able to solve problems, I will cease to recognize "I have a problem."

But i have to ask, how old are you ?

I am in a lot of psychology classes.

One of the classes I had was Psychological Assessment. We did I.Q. tests etc....

Yes, as we grow older we become "less" intelligent. Cells begin to die systemically at age 26. Some people decline faster than others due to genetic factors. Other factors that contribute to a more rapid decline are enviromental and then of course poor diet and bad habits.

I looked at the brain images of someone who was in full blown alzheimers and yet was still fully functioning and displayed none of the characteristics of someone with this disease. The patient was in her 80's and her saving grace was that she was a VORACIOUS reader.

Something else many of us should take into account is INFLAMATION. Horrible effects on the brain, heart, circulatory system, etc. Another great reason to supplement heavily with fish oil and olive oil.

The take home message regarding gradual loss of brain cells? Read, read, read, take fish oil, get your hormones checked, lower your carbohydrate intake [lowers silent inflamation] increase healthy fat, read some more!

Thanks JT

One of the classes I had was Psychological Assessment. We did I.Q. tests etc....

Yes, as we grow older we become "less" intelligent. Cells begin to die systemically at age 26. Some people decline faster than others due to genetic factors. Other factors that contribute to a more rapid decline are enviromental and then of course poor diet and bad habits.

I looked at the brain images of someone who was in full blown alzheimers and yet was still fully functioning and displayed none of the characteristics of someone with this disease. The patient was in her 80's and her saving grace was that she was a VORACIOUS reader.

Something else many of us should take into account is INFLAMATION. Horrible effects on the brain, heart, circulatory system, etc. Another great reason to supplement heavily with fish oil and olive oil.

The take home message regarding gradual loss of brain cells? Read, read, read, take fish oil, get your hormones checked, lower your carbohydrate intake [lowers silent inflamation] increase healthy fat, read some more!

That is good to know, I am getting old myself, but I do read a lot and do what I can to fight the aging process.

thats good info JT...thanks. im 28 so my brain is already dying off :eek: :p .
not sure if i qualify as a voracious reader, but i read upwards of 30 books last year, not counting all of the internet reading, so thats got to be good for something. i have my mom to thank for that, although ive been slacking this year.

interesting info about the fish oil. i remember reading somewhere that fish was one of the main contributing factors in the evolution of our brain. the early humans that lived on the water and had diets consisting mainly of fish, were the originations of our advanced brains. so it def makes since to supp with high dose fish oil.

Lol, no problem!

Yeah, I didn't like that information either! I am 44 so, imagine my fear. Trust me thirty books is more than most losers will read! I don't think most people do more than text message on their cell phones, which requires little imagination.

Not to worry. I think many people remain very creative, even in old age. Look at all the retired people who suddenly have time to become authors, artists, inventors, open businesses, once the children have been raised.

I think its like bodybuilding, fitness, etc.....Use it or lose it!:cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity