over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE?

college helps protect the sheltered brother. when most sheltered kids hit the real world and work with adults they struggle a whole lot more than someone who went to work full time directly out of HS such as a trade school.

i have friends who have been working for years in construction and a lot smarter because they are battle tested with paying bills and maybe a few kids. however, the kid who has book smarts are better suited for technology based jobs where techinical language and writing is important.

just a matter of ur personality type brother. college yuppies are just sheltered so they think they know it all. in the same respect men who grew up faster because of real world experience tend to hold a grudge towards those who lived a more sheltered and luxurious life.

Dude, a lot of college kids work and go to college at the same time. And, the elite have big $ jobs waiting for them, so I doubt they struggle too much when they enter the workforce.

Dude, a lot of college kids work and go to college at the same time. And, the elite have big $ jobs waiting for them, so I doubt they struggle too much when they enter the workforce.

the only ones who have jobs waiting are the ones who interned their whole college careers, with little pay. probably took out loans and financial aid n such, which is completely fine, its what im doing right now after doing the other route, so i have 2 perspectives dude.

im not saying ur wrong, just another perspective dude.

I agree. That's exactly the way I see it. I just find it funny that some try to out smart other people. When they should show respect. And they just don't realize how it makes them look.

yeah i know what ur talking about brother. i deal with the same shit because i dont "look" smart. im a big meathead looking type so usually i get stereotyped by the college grads of being this or that. but if they just decided to put down their sheltered opinions and got to talkin to me, they would realize i can carry an articulate convo.

not to seem biased but most of the time its because of a sheltered life that they judge those who dont play the part of "educated". they base everything from medias portrayal of society.

yeah i know what ur talking about brother. i deal with the same shit because i dont "look" smart. im a big meathead looking type so usually i get stereotyped by the college grads of being this or that. but if they just decided to put down their sheltered opinions and got to talkin to me, they would realize i can carry an articulate convo.

not to seem biased but most of the time its because of a sheltered life that they judge those who dont play the part of "educated". they base everything from medias portrayal of society.

Some of the most intense people in my industry( high freq trading) are big muscleheads. They stand out.

I went to a tech school full of nerds and male/female ratio of 4/1. My graduating class was 186 and I stood out like a sore thumb. Most popular major was physics and I was one of the 32 to receive that degree.
I develop and trade high frequency algos. Basically I'm a big nerd and I lift, so i definetly feel you guys on this one.

I believe everybody needs as much education as possible. It is necessary to interact with members of the same area of interest to develop a deeper understanding of that area. Whether lifting or solving math problems, structured thought is involved as well. College is a general route of aquiring a knowledge base that would prepare one for a specific field.

Life is all about learning and it never stops.

the only ones who have jobs waiting are the ones who interned their whole college careers, with little pay. probably took out loans and financial aid n such, which is completely fine, its what im doing right now after doing the other route, so i have 2 perspectives dude.

im not saying ur wrong, just another perspective dude.

Some college grads have jobs waiting for them because of their parents, grandparents, or family friends. I'm not talking about being an intern.

I'd say sports first, then college, saved my life. I was headed for jail or worse.

I HATED high-school and the last thing I wanted was more. I was bored and attended high-school sporadically. I was a discipline probem (little punk) so I moved from home at 16 and lived with my girlfriend who was a few years older. This was wake-up time for me. I was working construction in the afternoons and had bills that didn't pay themselves. I knew then I needed college or I'd struggle forever. I was a good athlete so despite my grades and with a good SAT score, I got lucky and got a Track and Field scholarship.

College was excellent. I was totally responsible for my own success or failure. No one micro-managing me. It was great and totally unlike high-school. I was at a PAC-10 conference school, training 4 hours a day and studying like hell. I've used my degree in some respects afterward, but not directly.

Last edited:
This is typical of someone that isn't very educated. Sorry, but you are the one saying you don't have a degree, yet, you already know that college won't change you or your thinking. No wonder you have problems with college grads. You're the one who think he knows it all. I, on the other hand, have worked all through college and have a degree, so who knows what he is talking about more?

Also, your wife is more educated than you, so I'm sure that's not a good feeling for you. Have you ever told her what you think about college vs life? I bet so, therefore, I'm sure it created some conflict like you and I are having, so it is ok for me to make an educated guess that she probably at one time thought to herself, "screw it, I'll just down play my degrees and what they mean to me". You're right though, I could be reaching? It doesn't change anything though, really. You still haven't earned a degree.
You base your thinking, on things you know nothing about. You make uneducated statements and you expect someone to listen? You had me rolling/laughung when you said " you gain intelligence in college". I don't have to tell my wife anything, you little prick. You don't know you insult a man, by trying to tell a man you've never met, what his wife of 16 years thinks? You don't know me or my wife. Educated guess? thank for showing your ignorance, again!

So once I receive a degree I'm as intelligent as you? Funny, if you think so. Do you know how many stupid people have earned a degree? People with degrees' seek my advice daily.
Young-n-jacked will do very well, as for you, keep your fingers crossed. :)

I'm done. I feel like I'm fighting a one legged man at a ass kicking contest.

Last edited:
Some college grads have jobs waiting for them because of their parents, grandparents, or family friends. I'm not talking about being an intern.

so what ur saying is that mommy and daddy paid for everything and all that person had to do was show up? dude those are exactly the people im talking about as far as the sheltered lifestyles. try listenin to them hold a convo with grown men and you will see what im talking about.

You base your thinking, on things you know nothing about. You make uneducated statements and you expect someone to listen? You had me rolling/laughung when you said " you gain intelligence in college". I don't have to tell my wife anything, you little prick. You don't know you insult a man, by trying to tell a man you've never met, what his wife of 16 years thinks? You don't know me or my wife. Educated guess? thank for showing your ignorance, again!

So once I receive a degree I'm as intelligent as you? Funny, if you think so. Do you know how many stupid people have earned a degree? People with degrees' seek my advice daily.

its ok dude, his mommy and daddy paid for everything

Wow! You're getting worked up for nothing. You have issues bro. It shows from your posts. If you were secure with your education level and intelligence you would not be acting like you are. Sorry you feel insecure. I hope you never got this pissed at your wife. College makes a person more educated, that's all I said. Some people are brilliant and can teach themselves or are just purely gifted.

its ok dude, his mommy and daddy paid for everything

Don't know where you got that from? They didn't. You need to read and retain it better or just read more thoroughly. Good luck in life. You too seem insecure and jealous.

I'd say sports first, then college, saved my life. I was headed for jail or worse.

I HATED high-school and the last thing I wanted was more. I was bored and attended high-school sporadically. I was a discipline probem (little punk) so I moved from home at 16 and lived with my girlfriend who was a few years older. This was wake-up time for me. I was working construction in the afternoons and had bills that didn't pay themselves. I knew then I needed college or I'd struggle forever. I was a good athlete so despite my grades and with a good SAT score, I got lucky and got a Track and Field scholarship.

College was excellent. I was totally responsible for my own success or failure. No one micro-managing me. It was great and totally unlike high-school. I was at a PAC-10 conference school, training 4 hours a day and studying like hell. I've used my degree in some respects afterward, but not directly.

Good job! That is smart to me. Not busting ass for low, low wages for years on end. Why not get an education (college or trade) and learn a thing or two to help oneself attain a better job. Some people just don't have it I guess?

GREAT story brother. This thread is getting rough. lol

Here's something to think on

Why does the military require (with rare exceptions) a degree to become an officer? The military prefers engineers, but even a degree in medieval english poetry gets you into officer's candidate school. They must believe college does something more for you than teach ABCs.

I'm not necessarily holding up the military as a paragon of wisdom, but I find this interesting.

And although this board is about free speech and expression of ideas, I will respectfully ask that if you wish to bash the military, to keep it to yourselves.

hmmm

Why does the military require (with rare exceptions) a degree to become an officer? The military prefers engineers, but even a degree in medieval english poetry gets you into officer's candidate school. They must believe college does something more for you than teach ABCs.

I'm not necessarily holding up the military as a paragon of wisdom, but I find this interesting.

And although this board is about free speech and expression of ideas, I will respectfully ask that if you wish to bash the military, to keep it to yourselves.

I always figured it was because officers are leaders. To lead you need to make decisions, and college can bring a wealth of knowledge. Knowledge is power, hence college can increase decision-making power. The more you may know about anything compared to a person who has not had that opportunity is statistically going to have a better base of information to aid in the decision process. Most of the enlisted men who become officers do so on the battlefield, by demonstrating leadership and quick, precise, thorough decisions in the absence of officers (or sometimes in their stead as well!)

Last edited:
Wow! You're getting worked up for nothing. You have issues bro. It shows from your posts. If you were secure with your education level and intelligence you would not be acting like you are. Sorry you feel insecure. I hope you never got this pissed at your wife. College makes a person more educated, that's all I said. Some people are brilliant and can teach themselves or are just purely gifted.

Like I said i'm done. If you would to keep insulting, fine. I strongly beleive in karma. This is text btw.

Last edited:
college did make me a more rounded person...I know a whole lot about all of stuff I would of never looked at twice...

one thing I feel my degree is like my military exp...it means I can set a goal and finish it...it means I can take a lot of bullshit and keep going. That's all and because of that its opened a lot of doors for me....

can you be a success without college? sure. However you may be more likely than not to have some opportunities not available to you for not having one. that's just been my experience.

college did make me a more rounded person...I know a whole lot about all of stuff I would of never looked at twice...

one thing I feel my degree is like my military exp...it means I can set a goal and finish it...it means I can take a lot of bullshit and keep going. That's all and because of that its opened a lot of doors for me....

can you be a success without college? sure. However you may be more likely than not to have some opportunities not available to you for not having one. that's just been my experience.

IMO its the difference between salary and wages. between structure and ponzi

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420