over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T DID YOU GO TO COLLEGE?

Most people who attended and finished college are shades brighter than those who did not. You too seem somewhat bitter or jealous of those who went to college. Perhaps you like making college grads feel dumb because of an insecurity? College is/was a great time. I'm sure glad I got to experience it! Yeah, it's not the working life, but many students work and attend college. Especially, older, non-traditional students. I worked all through college, so I was experiencing more to life.

I can speak of this, also. It took me five years to complete my degree. I actually graduates two weeks ago and college was great. Sure the books, studying, homework and all suck but college gave me the opportunity to apply what I learned to everyday life. It also opened up doors of opportunity for me. I was locked onto moving to New Orlean for a job offer, but at the last minute I was offered an additional one that kept me in the state of Florida, just further south. College can be a great thing for some. It is what you make of it.

Most people who attended and finished college are shades brighter than those who did not. You too seem somewhat bitter or jealous of those who went to college. Perhaps you like making college grads feel dumb because of an insecurity? College is/was a great time. I'm sure glad I got to experience it! Yeah, it's not the working life, but many students work and attend college. Especially, older, non-traditional students. I worked all through college, so I was experiencing more to life.

Trust me brother, it's not insecurity. I do it to put them in their place, if they show a lack of respect. If they ask for it, they will be shown.

I agree most are somewhat intelligent, that attend college. But education will never trump experience and intelligence. Being educated, means your learning what others have "expereinced".

;) By your posts, you haven't been out of college long have you?

I will feel the same way, when I finish my degree. My IQ will not be any higher. I will learn some things I will forget, but I will learn other things that will help me with my training for the job, that I could have learned on the job. I will not be under the delusion that I'm better than other people because I have degree.

Last edited:
Trust me brother, it's not insecurity. I do it to put them in their place, if they show a lack of respect. If they ask for it, they will be shown.

I agree most are somewhat intelligent, that attend college. But education will never trump experience and intelligence. Being educated, means your learning what others have "expereinced".

;) By your posts, you haven't been out of college long have you?

I will feel the same way, when I finish my degree. My IQ will not be any higher. I will learn some things I will forget, but I will learn other things that will help me with my training for the job, that I could have learned on the job. I will not be under the delusion that I'm better than other people because I have degree.

I graduated this last June. College is for learning which challenges people to think differently, therefore, changes their life. People who attend college gain more intelligence, and experiences. Life is about different experiences. So, your statement doesn't really apply. Also, college is not just learning what other have experienced. It's amazing how some people down play college. Yeah, college isn't for everyone, but for the majority it should be.

I say, go to college and get your degree, and then see how much of what you said, you still believe. If you still think the same way, then college failed you.

Last edited:
I can speak of this, also. It took me five years to complete my degree. I actually graduates two weeks ago and college was great. Sure the books, studying, homework and all suck but college gave me the opportunity to apply what I learned to everyday life. It also opened up doors of opportunity for me. I was locked onto moving to New Orlean for a job offer, but at the last minute I was offered an additional one that kept me in the state of Florida, just further south. College can be a great thing for some. It is what you make of it.

It took me right about 5 years, too. Congrats and I'm glad you found a decent job. It's tough here in Oregon to find good paying jobs. There are so many people on unemployment it's unreal.

I graduated this last June. College is for learning which challenges people to think differently, therefore, changes their life. People who attend college gain more intelligence, and experiences. Life is about different experiences. So, your statement doesn't really apply. Also, college is not just learning what other have experienced. It's amazing how some people down play college. Yeah, college isn't for everyone, but for the majority it should be.

I say, go to college and get your degree, and then see how much of what you said, you still believe. If you still think the same way, then college failed you.

You gain knowledge not intelligence. But you seem to be one that thinks he knows about life. So there's not fighting a self-promclaimed expert.
My wife just finished her second degree. After her first degree she had your same thinking. But after years in the "REAL WORLD" she changed her thinking. And now has a second degree and agrees with my statements completely. I owned my own bussiness since I was 23, and invested of $180,000 dollars by the time was 25. I'm now 32 and have plenty of experience, but have decided to go into the medical feild because I really don't like the line of work I'm in. So I'm following the route I have to, so I can accomplish this goal.

We'll see who's veiws change. :rolleyes: I wonder how I knew you were right out of college ;) College didn't fail you, it gave you degree to get your foot in the door. Only you can fail yourself. College isn't a golden ticket, but you'll see. ;)

Something i've learned over time-

Individuals without college degrees tend to place to little importance on the value of the education received and those with college degrees tend to place to much importance on a college degree. There is a middle ground where experience and theory intersect. To many kids believe because I have a degree I should be making 100k right away, just not how it works you still don't know crap even though you think you do. Likewise those who have a lot of experience fail to understand that college is not just about the theory you learn but what it shows to future employers- You can stick through something for 4+ years. The farther you go with your education, there are fewer doors shut-

Is college really worth it???

**broken link removed**

I always wondered what college would be like. I moved out when I was 16 and got my own place with a few buddies, held a 40+ hour a week job, and still went to high school. Then I immeditaly went into the military after graduating and now as my enlistment time draws to an end I really have to sit and contemplate if I could deal with college.

Going from being an Sergent, soon to pick up my Staff Sergent, having acted as a squad leader and currently acting as team leader, been through 2 tours in Iraq and about to be deployed to Afghan as part of Obama`s surge, and I just turned 21 this past june. I honestly dont know if i could deal with the stupdity that goes on in college. No offense to anyone but most college students are just plain dumb, and I dont know if could deal or if I would flip the hell out. Ive seen and done to much in my short life to be around that much lack of maturity and general ignorance about the real world.

But hey Im not knocking it and if anyone has any experiance with the transfer over from grunt to civilian and is willin to share that would be most appreciated.

I always wondered what college would be like. I moved out when I was 16 and got my own place with a few buddies, held a 40+ hour a week job, and still went to high school. Then I immeditaly went into the military after graduating and now as my enlistment time draws to an end I really have to sit and contemplate if I could deal with college.

Going from being an Sergent, soon to pick up my Staff Sergent, having acted as a squad leader and currently acting as team leader, been through 2 tours in Iraq and about to be deployed to Afghan as part of Obama`s surge, and I just turned 21 this past june. I honestly dont know if i could deal with the stupdity that goes on in college. No offense to anyone but most college students are just plain dumb, and I dont know if could deal or if I would flip the hell out. Ive seen and done to much in my short life to be around that much lack of maturity and general ignorance about the real world.

But hey Im not knocking it and if anyone has any experiance with the transfer over from grunt to civilian and is willin to share that would be most appreciated.

bro, im in the same boat to be honest in some regards. go into a major that is business oriented and not the BS majors just to get a degree. engineering, business management, and nursing are some serious majors with lots of studying.

also, ive also found that the scenery(women) make the time go by faster. im from a military family and women always seem to keep my interest in class, lol! for example, look into hatha yoga.........lol

School

College is an experience. Just one of many someone may choose to experience. Some students go just to cram or cheat for a test just to get a piece of paper that says that #1 they can be educated #2 They are somewhat responsible #3 they can commit themselves to something.

Others go to school to actually learn. I found college to be wonderful, with so many paths and avenues of knowledge to glean from. I learned a lot in college and had a wonderful time. I got my Associates in Biology, and a BS in Communication, along with a BA in Psychology. Just remember -- there is the school of books, and the school of life -- both are equally as important to learn from. Remember that Thomas Edison never went to college -- however he was quite brilliant. Then there was Nikola Tesla, and he went to a very prestigious university. Both genius minds, both went different routes. What is interesting about these two -- is that Tesla died penniless (although $ was not something he was ever interested in other than to fund his projects) and Edison was very wealthy.

I did go to college and graduate.

Rather than going back over things already posted I will add this.

I am business partners now with one of my old college roomates. We met freshman year. We own half of a business with another guy one year ahead of us at the same school. They (not me) own two thirds of a business with another guy in my freshman class. We purchased our office building with the same other party they own the other business with.

I'm 48 years old and I spend my day with guys I met when I was eighteen. We have a trust, loyalty, etc that is harder to find in friends I've made later in life. It removes a lot of stress when your partners know the real you from jump street and you know them.

I was a pretty poor redneck who had never gone 50 miles from his home (that was to go fishing) before college. I don't know that I would have had the life I have if I did not venture out.

The statistics are overwhelming financially about the value of a degree versus non degree over a lifetime. I am one that feels that tide is turning however and lets not forget those statistics are telling us about what happened over the last forty or fifty years. Its can be dangerous projecting those statistics forward.

In addressing Big Daves comments about the "useless" courses. I felt the same in college. Boy am I glad I was wrong. Some of my non engineering courses have proven to be the most valuable to me both in business as well as fostering hobbies. These are things I would not have ventured into willingly.

Just my opinions.

At 21 you probably aren't as mature as you think you are. I only say this because I'm in my thirties and was in the Marines when I was younger and when i got out, I figured I would give college a try and I wasn't mature enough yet and I ended up dropping out after a year. I also got shot at a lot more as a civillian than I did in the Marines. You are definitely going to be more mature than your average college aged student, but you will also be older, and you will absolutely be more experienced. I hope you paid into the GI Bill and you should take advantage of all hte college education benefits that are offered to Vets these days. You should look into all hte benefits offered in every state and take up residency in a state that has added vet benefits. I am in school now working towards an engineering degree. I wish I knew what I wanted to do when I was younger.

I don't remember who said it but Ivy league schools aren't more expensive than a lot of private schools...I'm pretty sure Colgate is the only one in the top 25 or 30...Private schools are expensive, generally speaking, compared to state schools...Ivy League schools have more money to give and make it easier for people to afford to go to them. I know at Harvard and MIT (even though MIT isnt Ivy League), if your parent make less than $75k you go for free. Princeton was doing something similar too. Olin University is 50k a year, but every student gets a scholarship covering tuition, I'm not 100% sure but I think the students are still responsible for room and board.

I'm currently in school for an engineering degree. Regardless of whether you use the degree or not, it opens doors for you that would not otherwise be open. The best thing to do is wait to go, unless you know exactly what you want to do...Get into the work force and figure out what you want to do. If I had graduated 15 years ago, I wouldnt be using it either, but now I'm doing something I want to do and will definitely be using it in the future and i plan on applying to grad school and getting at least a masters, but hopefully a PhD

The issue is rather simple...more and more employeers/corporations require a bachelors degree to get anywhere past mid-level employment. Many require it now for entry level. The government also wants you to have at least a four year degree to get a decent, good paying job. Some jobs require degrees/advanced degrees, e.g. lawyers, CPAs, etc. If you plan on running your own business a degree is rarely needed, but if you plan on working for a corporation or even Uncle Sam a degree is almost a requirement today.

You gain knowledge not intelligence. But you seem to be one that thinks he knows about life. So there's not fighting a self-promclaimed expert.
My wife just finished her second degree. After her first degree she had your same thinking. But after years in the "REAL WORLD" she changed her thinking. And now has a second degree and agrees with my statements completely. I owned my own bussiness since I was 23, and invested of $180,000 dollars by the time was 25. I'm now 32 and have plenty of experience, but have decided to go into the medical feild because I really don't like the line of work I'm in. So I'm following the route I have to, so I can accomplish this goal.

We'll see who's veiws change. :rolleyes: I wonder how I knew you were right out of college ;) College didn't fail you, it gave you degree to get your foot in the door. Only you can fail yourself. College isn't a golden ticket, but you'll see. ;)

I'm no expert, no one really is in when it comes to life. However, you down play education and say it doesn't change a person which is false. It does. So does the "real world" and when you get an education one is better equiped for the real worl/life. Maybe your wife just lets you think she thinks like you? I'm sure college changed her and so did the real world. Without both she would not be who she is today.

Just go and learn, and make what you want out of it.

Sure all knowing. Maybe my wife does.:rolleyes: What would I know about her. :rolleyes: (all 16 years) Your showing you think you have all the answers. Your a typicial college grad. I never said it doesn't change people.

Your boring me with all of your "maybe" BS. Give up your just reaching.

Sure all knowing. Maybe my wife does.:rolleyes: What would I know about her. :rolleyes: (all 16 years) Your showing you think you have all the answers. Your a typicial college grad. I never said it doesn't change people.

college helps protect the sheltered brother. when most sheltered kids hit the real world and work with adults they struggle a whole lot more than someone who went to work full time directly out of HS such as a trade school.

i have friends who have been working for years in construction and a lot smarter because they are battle tested with paying bills and maybe a few kids. however, the kid who has book smarts are better suited for technology based jobs where techinical language and writing is important.

just a matter of ur personality type brother. college yuppies are just sheltered so they think they know it all. in the same respect men who grew up faster because of real world experience tend to hold a grudge towards those who lived a more sheltered and luxurious life.

This is typical of someone that isn't very educated. Sorry, but you are the one saying you don't have a degree, yet, you already know that college won't change you or your thinking. No wonder you have problems with college grads. You're the one who think he knows it all. I, on the other hand, have worked all through college and have a degree, so who knows what he is talking about more?

Also, your wife is more educated than you, so I'm sure that's not a good feeling for you. Have you ever told her what you think about college vs life? I bet so, therefore, I'm sure it created some conflict like you and I are having, so it is ok for me to make an educated guess that she probably at one time thought to herself, "screw it, I'll just down play my degrees and what they mean to me". You're right though, I could be reaching? It doesn't change anything though, really. You still haven't earned a degree.

college helps protect the sheltered brother. when most sheltered kids hit the real world and work with adults they struggle a whole lot more than someone who went to work full time directly out of HS such as a trade school.

i have friends who have been working for years in construction and a lot smarter because they are battle tested with paying bills and maybe a few kids. however, the kid who has book smarts are better suited for technology based jobs where techinical language and writing is important.

just a matter of ur personality type brother. college yuppies are just sheltered so they think they know it all. in the same respect men who grew up faster because of real world experience tend to hold a grudge towards those who lived a more sheltered and luxurious life.

I agree. That's exactly the way I see it. I just find it funny that some try to out smart other people. When they should show respect. And they just don't realize how it makes them look.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws