over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Electric Shavers

mikeyt869

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Hey guys im looking for some reviews on what you guys like as far as Electric Shavers. I shave both my head and keep a beard edged up on my face. What do you feel is the best Electric Shaver on the market right now? Thank you in advance for your time!

If you don't use an attachment -

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Remington-Clipper-Rechargeable-Cordless-Haircut/dp/B0015K9BXQ/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1362091904&sr=8-15&keywords=hair+clippers"]Amazon.com: Remington Short Cut Clipper Rechargeable, Cordless, Haircut Kit: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nxKnperDL.@@AMEPARAM@@41nxKnperDL[/ame]

I use the "Wahl 79300-400 Color Pro 20 Piece Complete Haircutting Kit" to shave my head and trim my beard. Works well for me (especially for the price), but I can't say that I've compared it to any other models.

You talking clippers or actual shavers?
Electric shavers are a waste if you have a tuff beard...for clippers or trimmers I picked up a wahl at bjs thats real good...all the attachments, nose hair trimmer...all that, holds a charge good, for about 30 bucks. Good for beard but would take forever to shave your whole head with.

I use a Remington beard and mustache trimmer for manscaping. It was only 20 bucks and gets pretty close which is nice because I don't use razors. I've had it for years and it's just now wearing out a little. I don't know the model though.

do they really shave or trim ?

huge difference ! when I trim, you can still see tiny little hairs, when I shave, you will see nothing

Im talking about shavers not clippers Goody. Thank you for the responses thus far guys.

Hey guys im looking for some reviews on what you guys like as far as Electric Shavers. I shave both my head and keep a beard edged up on my face. What do you feel is the best Electric Shaver on the market right now? Thank you in advance for your time!

For a good cheap clipper I like the 'wahl' brand real well.

Well norelco and braun are the main two for shavers... there is the one that has the moisturizer tube built in for sensitive skin but theyre all about the same other than when it comes to the foil and rotary type blades your going to just have to experiment and see what works best for your hair type and hair pattern with how it grows in

depending on your budget, the phillips sensotouch and the powertouch or aquatouch are awesome shavers for both your beard and body hair

i had a powertouch for 8 years, loved it, wen it came time to change the blades (changed them once after 8 years) i decided to buy a new one and got the sensotouch 3D, absolutaly awesome, real close shave, can be used in wet and dry unlike my previous powertouch, charges fast, and can trim body hair to basically hairremoval cream length, so saves me a ton on body grooming aswell

best part is its convenient, i shave wen im driving to work in the car lol, and the blades dont allow any hair to fall, jus catches it and holds it in the back of the shaver head, then ya jus empty it wen ur done

only down side to them, is ya have to get the hang/use of shaving in a circular motion and sometimes against the hairline, but its very easy once uve done it 2 or 3 times

Last edited:
I'd love to use electric shaver as I get skin rash with razors if I dont leave my hair for a couple of days to grow. How do you compare these style trimmers to razors. I love the close shave razors give

depending on your budget, the phillips sensotouch and the powertouch or aquatouch are awesome shavers for both your beard and body hair

i had a powertouch for 8 years, loved it, wen it came time to change the blades (changed them once after 8 years) i decided to buy a new one and got the sensotouch 3D, absolutaly awesome, real close shave, can be used in wet and dry unlike my previous powertouch, charges fast, and can trim body hair to basically hairremoval cream length, so saves me a ton on body grooming aswell

best part is its convenient, i shave wen im driving to work in the car lol, and the blades dont allow any hair to fall, jus catches it and holds it in the back of the shaver head, then ya jus empty it wen ur done

only down side to them, is ya have to get the hang/use of shaving in a circular motion and sometimes against the hairline, but its very easy once uve done it 2 or 3 times

This is the type of shaver I was talking about. Does it get close?

The wahl professional 5star shaver/shaper iz what every barber down south uses to bald out fades and shave you...they do trim the hair down to stuble 1st tho w another clipper, but that maroon shaver/shaper takes it down to notta...this is the serious barber model tho, I've never seen one in like walgreens or target... They either sell them at tha barbershop, or barber supply...

Last edited:

Hey pal,

With the shaver, do you get any marks or skin rashes?

rashes were my problem with the electric shavers i used one for about a month and everytime i would get rashes and ingrown hairs, i then switched over to just using a old fashioned straight razor and my shaves have never been better, and i can use my straight razor to shave just about every part of my body, only place i dont is my junk because that thing is to damn sharp and i like my twig and berries right were they are lol

rashes were my problem with the electric shavers i used one for about a month and everytime i would get rashes and ingrown hairs, i then switched over to just using a old fashioned straight razor and my shaves have never been better, and i can use my straight razor to shave just about every part of my body, only place i dont is my junk because that thing is to damn sharp and i like my twig and berries right were they are lol

agreed, every time i used one, my face felt like a cheese grater was ran across it! i would get really red, and i would end up with crazy amounts of ingrown hairs. straight razor all the way for me.

agreed, every time i used one, my face felt like a cheese grater was ran across it! i would get really red, and i would end up with crazy amounts of ingrown hairs. straight razor all the way for me.

awesome allot of people i know are super intimidated by them when really once you get the hang of it its a much quicker and cleaner shave than any disposable can give you

I shave my head and wife shaves my back with the electric...sooo much easier and quicker than a razor. Been doing this for years. Still use razor for the face though.

This is the type of shaver I was talking about. Does it get close?

it gets pretty dam close, once ur freshly shaven u cant feel a single bit of hair stuble, its pretty dam amazing

i wouldnt say it gets as close compared to a hand shaver, but in all honestly im jus saying that based on an assumption, ive used both and cant tell the difference from either, both get so dam close

the only thing id note, is after u shave, rinse or wash ya face with some water, since ya can get a little bit of left over hair (naked to the eye but its there) and oil on ya skin, which could make ya feel a little itchy on the face if left for to long (couple of hours) so after uve had the shave, jus wipe ya face with some wet towel or rinse it with water to make sure

of course some models of the electric shavers can be used with water/shaver cream, so u dont have to wash ya face if ya do it that way

if ya ever do buy one, once ya get the hang of it, ull never go back to using a manual shaver, they really are that good

and like i said u can use them for removing body hair, since it comes with clippers on the back of the device, so u use the slippers to get rid of the long hairs, and then the electric shaver to remove the small stubble, saves me a shitload on waxing or hair removal cream

Hey pal,

With the shaver, do you get any marks or skin rashes?

na marks or rashes, however for some reason i do tend to get a little skin irritation if i shave where my neck skin folds underneath my chin, if i shave over that exact spot to much i tend to get a little red mark across the underneath of my neck, goes away in an hour or 2, but most the time it doesnt irritate it unless im constantly going over it very hard trying to get every bit of hair, it doesnt bother me though becoz if ya put ur head straight u cant see it since ur skin folds over it

Last edited:
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES8243A-Rechargeable-Electric-Nanotech/dp/B001DKMY9Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362257298&sr=8-1&keywords=panasonic+es8243a"]Amazon.com: Panasonic ES8243A Men's 4-Blade (Arc 4) Wet/Dry Rechargeable Electric Shaver with Nanotech Blades, Blue: Health & Personal Care@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41mbv96NAYL.@@AMEPARAM@@41mbv96NAYL[/ame]

I don't know if it is the "best", but it works very well. I never used an electric until a couple of years ago. I got tired of spending a fortune on Gillette blades. I use it for my head and face. It is very close performance wise to the Gillette blades. You can use it wet or dry and you can use shaving cream/gel with it that is supposed to enhance the closeness.

You can see the great reviews that it has received. It is pretty common to see it for $75-80 on sale, so shop around. Also, the blades (4) are about $50, but I only have to replace mine about every 9 months. That's using it a minimum of 5 days a week on my head, face and neck.

Hope this helps.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner