O/T Face Smash

bighurt

Newbies
I quit smoking today
i want a cigarette
i want to face smash my coworker
that is all
/end rant

How long have you been smoking? I wouldn't say quitting smoking is a easy thing to do but your lunges will appreciate brother.

8 years, a pack a day.
i quit before
this time is for ever
just quit and having the early withdrawals. cold turkey is a bitch but get its done faster.

Good for you. The first 3 days were the toughest for me. Then each day got a little bit easier. At the end of a month, didn't even think about it anymore. Punch a wall. Hang tough and stay busy.

thank you brick for the encouragement. i picked up a pack of sunflwoer seeds just to keep my mouth busy.

i cant wait to kick this nasty habit.
7 packs a week at 6 bucks a pack....

thank you brick for the encouragement. i picked up a pack of sunflwoer seeds just to keep my mouth busy.

i cant wait to kick this nasty habit.
7 packs a week at 6 bucks a pack....

Think about something you could buy for that $170 a month then reward yourself after 4 weeks. Stay determined. You are going to feel much better

I don't know the particulars to your workplace, but if you work in a place like my last job and you want to face smash your coworker, it may have nothing to do with withdrawals.

As for dealing with the oral fixation, I smoked Quest nicotine free cigarettes when I drank and usually didn't smoke anything during the day - eventually, by smoking nicotine free ciggs, I quit associating the satisfaction that came with smoking cigarettes with smoking cigarettes.

Since then (2005) I've quit smoking.. and eventually (2009) I quit drinking too.

Good luck bro.

-Driven

i am using the JFQ method
Just Fucking Quit
Day one went good. i just wanted to eat stuff close to bed time.

Good for you for making the decision. I quit in March 2009 and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I woke up one day after smoking a pack per day for 8 or 9 years and decided enough was enough. I threw away my half pack and haven't taken a single drag since. The first few days were hard, then it got easy, then it got a little rough again in the second week. After that it was smooth sailing. Just stick to your guns Bro. Good luck.

i am using the JFQ method
Just Fucking Quit
Day one went good. i just wanted to eat stuff close to bed time.

AWESOME brother. One day at a time! :headbang:

thanks flex. quitting is all about the want. you can take all the "quit smoking product" in the world, but if you dont want it, it wont happen.

at the end of the month i am going to purchase services from Shelby to get in shape. There is no way in the world i would be able to maximize that process with a pack a day crushing my lungs.

time to get in shape, mentally, physically etc. the smokes had to go.

day 2 isnt too bad for some reason. i figured it would be a little worse than day 1.

only thing i notice is at night, i feel "bored" for lack of better term.
crazy how much of the habit is just an idle time killer.

One piece of advice I will offer is this: Anytime you find yourself craving nicotine, quickly get your mind involved in something else. Cravings only last a couple of minutes, and as soon as you can get your mind off of it you'll be fine until the next one. And keep in mind, it's a long process, especially if you've been smoking a while. It's been a year and a half for me and there are still times I want a cigarette. I'll just never give in and have one.

i am not intending this to be a quit smoking blog by any means, but day 3 is good so far.

i cough often and crap comes out of my lungs. progress!

i get seriously hungry at night before i go to sleep. its bad.
i am also being careful of what i eat right now anyways so i think some of it is running a caloric deficit.

my pops was a 3-4 pack a day smoker for 30 yrs. He quit cold turkey a yr and a hlf ago, so you can do it bro!!! Go ahead and face smash your co-worker next time they piss you off, but get a pic so we can see :headbang:

hanging tough bighurt?

It was very hard but I did it...

I had tryed switching back & fourth between chewing and smoking to quit, it did not help.

I finally started changing habits, wich included not drinking as much do to wanting to smoke. I also avoided the triggers, I actually quit taking small brakes at work and just kept working or grabbed a bite to eat.

I finally did the "Cold Turkey" and it worked. It helps to surround your self with people who dont smoke, but a Friend is a Friend.... Im lucky my wife dosnt smoke.

Good Luck & I garuntee it will get easeir......

Good for you bro! I kicked it about 10 years ago.

The only problem I had was when out drinking w friends.

Now I don't wanna go near the crap.

still going strong!
and still employed
i get urges, but since i am running a caloric deficit, i am alsways hungry. I am having more hunger pains than nic fits, and i can ignore hunger, so it seems to be a good trade. if i wasnt eating better, i would be stuffing my face with tacos. and not taco bell, i live in south texas also known as north mexico, we got the real deal.

i want a smoke after i eat
when i drive
and just random idle times

sunflower seeds help me during drives

BigHurt, keep it going brother! Everyday it gets a little better and better. An addiction is a hard thing to get over. But the people you love are far more important then any addiction. Keep up the good work my friend. :headbang:

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear