over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Favourite Holiday/Vacation Place

michelin

Registered
Me and my girl are wanting to get away from the UK winter and go for a 2 week break in January. Im looking for sea, sand and kicking back. Done lots of research and Im looking at Playa del Carmen Mexico or Koh Tao Thailand. Ive travelled a bit of Asia and know what to expect but never been to Mexico before.
I was also looking at Florida but was told the weather can be a bit mild in Jan?

Any recommendations from anyone out there or ideas for somewhere else?

Were flying out of London UK and Im not a millionaire :)

Thanks guys.

My wife and I love Playa. We have been there a couple of times and have reservations to go back this winter. Playa is very easy to get to. 45 minutes south of Cancun. But where Cancun almost feels like a Mexican version of Miami, Playa feels like Mexico, smaller, walkable, no hi-rise hotels and condos. We like the fact that everything we like is right there. The beach, beautiful water, just walk a block or two away from the beach to 5th Avenue (which runs parallel to the beach) and there are tons of restaurants, bars, shopping, whatever you like to do. No car needed. As a matter of fact, no cars allowed on 5th Ave., only people walking and having a good time. Take the ferry from the dock to Cozumel if you want for a day trip. Travel to Mayan ruins if you want to, all easy to get to. Lots of Europeans vacation in Playa, but you will see people from everywhere there. Topless women on the beach is pretty common too. Mexico is very laid back, don't be in a hurry to do anything. Here's a shot from our hotel's restaurant/bar. This was at Christmas. Screw Santa Claus. Sunny and 85. Give me a Margarita, fresh ceviche and the sun. We could chill here all day...

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_0177.JPG
    IMG_0177.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
I agree about Florida. In January you can have some mild days (I live there).
How about Rio? January is their summer time (opposite hemisphers). Nothing but eating, drinking and beach. Plus there is some good sight seeing (The Christ, Sugarloaf, etc.).

I have enjoyed Myrtle Beach many times! Always have fun there. But I usually head there around late sept to mid october. Great rates and all the smelly kids are back to school! bahahahaha j/k

How is Florida compared to Myrtle Beach around October time? Anyone?

I have enjoyed Myrtle Beach many times! Always have fun there. But I usually head there around late sept to mid october. Great rates and all the smelly kids are back to school! bahahahaha j/k

How is Florida compared to Myrtle Beach around October time? Anyone?

Depending on what beach (NOT DAYTONA...sorry for you residents out there) they are very very nice in Oct. Plus you have a vast selection of golf if thats your thing. I feel that compared to Myrtle the beaches and strips are MUCH nicer. I use to visit Myrtle Beach all the time growing up and even up to a few years ago but it's just gotten so damn trashy. Don't get me wrong, its fun if you want to get smashed all weekend but it's just more of a biker scene (nothing wrong with that at all) now as compared to a place to kick back and relax and enjoy the scenery. Florida has a lot more to offer in the way of relaxation and scenery I believe...

My favorite spot to vacation is Bar Harbour, Maine....hike the Cadillac Mts over looking the Harbour. Plenty of lakes to enjoy fishing/swimming/kayaking. Beautiful place to just relax....

Last edited:
One more idea...

Down in Oz where Oldfella is looks like a great warm, sunny winter getaway too. But, that's quite a flight from the UK.

Thanks guys. I agree Oz is awesome but its a bit out of budget for this trip and even though Ive spent nearly 6months there before I'd love to go back one day.

The more I look into Playa the more its appealing. What about the beach though Brick? I keep reading reviews that its nearly all gone? :confused:

Any hotels or condos in Florida that have really high balconies?????

The reason I stay at Myrtle Beach is because the hotels there have anywhere between 10 and 20 floors. When ever I book a room I always insist that I get a room within the top 3 floors. Makes for a great evening when drinking and smoking a good cigar out on the balcony.

Thanks guys. I agree Oz is awesome but its a bit out of budget for this trip and even though Ive spent nearly 6months there before I'd love to go back one day.

The more I look into Playa the more its appealing. What about the beach though Brick? I keep reading reviews that its nearly all gone? :confused:

We were down in summer of last year and there was plenty of beach. They have had a tropical storm recently + the brush with the hurricanes last fall, so I could not say for sure...

Any hotels or condos in Florida that have really high balconies?????

The reason I stay at Myrtle Beach is because the hotels there have anywhere between 10 and 20 floors. When ever I book a room I always insist that I get a room within the top 3 floors. Makes for a great evening when drinking and smoking a good cigar out on the balcony.

Oh yes...plenty. Again this depends on where you go. I frequent the Naples/Bonita Bay area. Beautiful place (expensive as shit) but with plenty high rise buildings over looking the ocean.

you want the sun? friendly people? nice hot weather all year round? cheap shopping and cheap... well, everything!? lots of water activities, parasailing, jet skiing, amuzement parks, water parks... etc?

go to malaysia!!! kuala lumpur and penang!!!
if you want a romantic get away... go to langkawi for a couple of days.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity