advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/t finally ordered the rest of the parts for my car to make an 8 second camaro!

ripped358

Banned
]This is what's being done to my car (building an 8 second drag car
This is a 2011 camaro SS2
I will have one of the fastest modern camaros I'n the country
This is what the finished product will have
Stainless works catback and headers

Ford 9" rear

Engine
Custom built 427 short block
Fully blueprinted short block
Forged 2618 pistons from wiseco
Callie's ultra billet rods
Callie's dragon slayer crankshaft
Billet main caps(doweled)
ARP main studs
Hand honed deck surface

L99 to LS3 conversion

Trick flow specialities 255 cylinder heads for gm
Cam. 54-477-11

Return style fuel system.
A1000 fuel pump
Injector dynamics 1000cc injectors
A1000 bypass fuel regulator
Russell 8an fuel line 20 ft
Russell fuel line adaptor to 6an
8an straight hose end
Aero motive billet fuel rails
8 ORB to 6an
6an 90 hose end
10 ORB to 6an
6 ORB to 6an

Suspension
PFADT drag coil overs adjustable dapening and height
BMR rear lower control arms
BMR rear trailing arms
BMR extreme drag rear sway bar
BMR adjustable toe rods

Brakes
Rear brake conversion for 15" wheels
Front left stop tech slotted rotor
Front right stop tech slotted rotor
Hawk HPS front pads

Transmission
RPM level Vl 4180E
4000 vigilant converter
Trans computer and harness
Driveshaft
Poly. Transmission mount
Flywheel
Transmission cooler

Supercharger
right now I have a D1 procharger barely any miles on it
I'm putting in an F2 cog kit with intercooler procharger

I'm getting 15 inch rims in back and 17" rims in front . putting drag radials
Since there street legal and I don't have a trailer yet

Roll cage for 8 second car
might put a parachute
then ill eventually be getting nitrous direct port

I didn't write out what's involved with the l99 to LS3 conversion
Cars an automatic. That's why the conversion is necessary if it was stick it would already be an LS3

Also didnt write out the ford 9" rear which is extremely expensive
But everything else is written out

methyl kit
For street use ill be using 93octane and for the track it will be retuned for race fuel 116octane

Since this already cost a small fortune I will eventually put. A passenger side intercooler
I will show pictures when completed

no offense but i'll have to see that to believe it with that parts list.
more props to you if you can get in the 8's but thats a tall order to fill.
maybe nitrous car or LsX block built around some big turbos to get there. i know the F2 is dirty, but still. goodluck!

LMR is in my area and not to many 5th gen camaros with prochargers in the 8's.

You'll have to pull a lot of weight out of that car to get into the 8s

no offense but i'll have to see that to believe it with that parts list.
more props to you if you can get in the 8's but thats a tall order to fill.
maybe nitrous car or LsX block built around some big turbos to get there. i know the F2 is dirty, but still. goodluck!

LMR is in my area and not to many 5th gen camaros with prochargers in the 8's.
I could of went the custom turbo route but I love the feel of supercharger s and the F2 cog procharger is a beast they both ran the same money just a preference the main objective is weight.
I can should get to 8.5 but once I gut the car and put in a custom race seat I should get to the 8.0
This project cost me a small fortune so it better run 8,s
What you think of the rest of the setup ,I put all top of the line parts for the car all I have left is a 5 th generation body

looks like you finally got a list that makes sence :) you will need a parachute though or your going to piss of the track you can get banned.

That extreme anti roll bar is no joke... Your call will go straight with that and not want to turn... Look into removing your front sway bar as well..

Even with that list that baby will need a huge diet. then you should be flying. That list looks like a good mid to low 9 second list. 8's is pushing it just because i know what it took to get my buddies fully gutted 01 ss to the 8's and it has been a nightmare of 3 years.

Do you have E85 where you live? I swapped out my meth kit for an E85 conversion. It will be more stable and make better power.

I would not drive that car to the track. Have fun with the radials on the street, but find a buddy with a trailor to take it to the track. Odds are something will break there. It can be a 20$ fix but it may be enough to make your car not drive home.

good luck

Shoulda just bought a Lambo like that other fella if you wanna go fast....

I mean after all, its still *just* a Camaro.

a lambo will only run an 11 second 1/4 it may smoke it in the corners i would still rather own a fully built cobra-r over a lambo i guess different strokes for different folks. But two different styles of cars they are uncomparable.

one will pull hoes in a cocktail dress the other will pull a hoe pounding a coors light

You'll have to pull a lot of weight out of that car to get into the 8s

Im gutting the hole car all the luxury out.
Seats a.c,all metal ,radio CD player speakers
All that will be left is the outerbody
And one custom built racing seat
And a roll cage
Ill hAve about 1500rwhp when this is done
Then when I add nitrous it will be nuts ,plus I'm upgrading my meth kit

And a roll cage

I will be perfectly honest, if you're going to run a motor that will handle that much WHP, you should twin turbo... You could actually street that car if you twin turbo it.

I do not think so... the d1 charger is to small unless you pump the boost up, it right now I bet is making around 12lbs..not enough. your horse power is "if" dyno'd I bet around 800-825..again not enough for a 3000lb car, the seat is not going to off.5 sec's no way, horse power will and you need more to get to 8-8.5 secs..horse power = $$ spent. you will have a fast car, I believe with what you listed around a mid 9 car.. still fast. you have some very nice parts. have fun

looks like you finally got a list that makes sence :) you will need a parachute though or your going to piss of the track you can get banned.

That extreme anti roll bar is no joke... Your call will go straight with that and not want to turn... Look into removing your front sway bar as well..

Even with that list that baby will need a huge diet. then you should be flying. That list looks like a good mid to low 9 second list. 8's is pushing it just because i know what it took to get my buddies fully gutted 01 ss to the 8's and it has been a nightmare of 3 years.

Do you have E85 where you live? I swapped out my meth kit for an E85 conversion. It will be more stable and make better power.

I would not drive that car to the track. Have fun with the radials on the street, but find a buddy with a trailor to take it to the track. Odds are something will break there. It can be a 20$ fix but it may be enough to make your car not drive home.

good luck
I wish I had e85 where I live 4.00 a gallon verse 18 a gallon race fuel
Well what ill do since the track is about 10-15 min from my house is get there early bring some bags of ice from the deli and put it on my engine for an hour before I get to race and between each 1/4 mile put another bag of ice on my engine to keep it cool.the guys that are building my car will most likely be there since there doing the full build and are sponsoring me so the better my car does the better it is for there shop .
They have a trailer so if they don't bring there car there trailer mine
Ill have a truck and trailer in the next season or so this build set me back alot I'm in the red lol.
The guy building my car raced cars for a living I told him I want an 8 second car I do not want to have to rebuild this.
He said no problem just hope you don't want any luxurys left in the car ,where going to have to strip it down to nothing but a body
I'm lucky the race track is so close to my house!
anything you think I'm missing I know you know alot about cars from are last talk.
I know weight is the most important factor,owe and I don't need a parachute till I go under 8.5 thats my tracks rules.
Just bought a new helmet fire vest waiting for them to measure the exact size
The tires height is the width will be 10 and a half

Shoulda just bought a Lambo like that other fella if you wanna go fast....

I mean after all, its still *just* a Camaro.

Hahaha a Lambo is nothing on the drag strip. A 2013 Zo6 corvette can smoke the shit out of a Lambo on the strip. I'm not saying that the Lambo isn't a bad ass car, but there are so many other cars that can make a Lambo look stupid. I use to have an 03' Mustang Cobra with a Kenne Bell 2.2 supercharger on it that was pushing 623hp and 600 lbs of torque to the wheels and I use to spank Vipers, Ferrari's, and I had the chance to race a Lambo Murc on the street on e and it wasn't even close. I killed it by at least two car lengths. I'm not trying to brag or sound like I'm big shit. The best part is that only had $7k in the car. I had the KB blower, KB boost-a-pump, 60lb injecters, Mac long tube headers, Bassani X pipe, and Mac exhaust. That car was my every day driver. I'm just telling the truth and that there are way better cars that can make Lambos look silly.

Like I said, the Lambo is no joke of a car, but as far as drag racing goes, Lambos are not built to race in a 1/4 or 1/8 mile. They are made to race on tracks such as road Atl.

To the OP, good luck to your car. I'm not a fan of the new Camaros. Honestly I think they're Fugly, way too heavy, and if I was going to buy a GM product then I would buy a 2013 Dodge Challenger. I think 8's are far fetched with your mods, but with the right suspension, and most importantly the right driver the. I could see you squeezing into the high 8's. I don't think people realize how fast an 8 second car really is. We currently own a 90 mustang Fox body coupe with a Windsor 351 stroked to a 408, with a direct port two stage nigrous system and it runs low 10's which is a really fucking fast car. Honestly I don't think I'd have the balls to run an 8 second car, but years ago I use to think that 12 seconds was fast hahaha. What track do you run at? We typically run at Paradise drag strip in Calhoun, Ga which is an 1/8th mile track, but occasionally we will run a Commerse drag strip in Commerse, Ga.

I'd love to see pics of your beast!

Here's some pics of our Fox body that I was telling you about

**broken link removed**

Ford 9" inch end with 4:56 gears
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

And just incase you are wondering, here is the complete parts list to the entire car. My dad, my brother and I built it from the ground up.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
And a roll cage

damn shame to do that to a new car that nice. we just got a 2010 Camaro, best wheels, leather, automatic, etc., beauty... now my 78 corvette, I put that on quite the diet and dropped a 383 stroker in there and she gets up and goes. good luck with the project.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Your pics are not showing up I just ordered most of the list so I have to wait for parts and install.i have been waiting for 2 months for the engine.
The guy said I won't run 8 seconds till the car is completely gutted.
Meaning no power windows no anything .
anyway I'm about tripling my horsepower without the nitrous so ill need alot of drive time at the track with the new horsepower once I get used to that next season or 2 seasons ill run a direct port nitrous system
Then ill prob hit 1900 rwhp or more ill be putting a copo camaro hood on my car it sucks in air and look nice its a never ending project.
anyway any suggestions on parts or anything I'm always willing to listen

Hmmmm they're pulling up fine for me. Let me save them and load them to my photo bucket account repost them.

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

And just incase you are wondering, here is the complete parts list to the entire car. My dad, my brother and I built it from the ground up.

**broken link removed**

Your build was alot less expensive than my list how much rwhp did you have and I don't remember seeing if you went with turbo or a supercharger or neither.
Not bad i would of just bought a used camaro for cheap if I knew I was going to do this to my car but once I got the itch with the 550rwhp
I cAnt stop.
Now I have 2 expensive hobbies I'm like I could eat or buy another 5 gallons of race fuel lol

9 inch rear end

Hopefully these are coming through more clearly.

Last edited:
Your build was alot less expensive than my list how much rwhp did you have and I don't remember seeing if you went with turbo or a supercharger or neither.
Not bad i would of just bought a used camaro for cheap if I knew I was going to do this to my car but once I got the itch with the 550rwhp
I cAnt stop.
Now I have 2 expensive hobbies I'm like I could eat or buy another 5 gallons of race fuel lol

Yeah I'm sure your build was a lot more and I wasn't trying to compare prices really or saying that my car was better than yours. If you took it that way then I'm sorry, bc that's not what I was trying to get at. I just wanted to share my protect car that my dad my brother and myself build.

Yours definitely blows the shit out of ours! Honestly I'm not even quite sure how much HP our has.

I do not think so... the d1 charger is to small unless you pump the boost up, it right now I bet is making around 12lbs..not enough. your horse power is "if" dyno'd I bet around 800-825..again not enough for a 3000lb car, the seat is not going to off.5 sec's no way, horse power will and you need more to get to 8-8.5 secs..horse power = $$ spent. you will have a fast car, I believe with what you listed around a mid 9 car.. still fast. you have
some very nice parts. have fun

Yes with the new engine cam and heads I would be over 850 rwhp with the d1,
The F2 cog unit I've seen cars make over 2000 rwhp
I was being conservative saying 1500 rwhp.
Dont want to get my hopes up.
Also after gutting the camaro I lose about 1000 pounds.
That makes a huge difference .

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity