over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

o/t financial advisors

JustWannaBeHuge

FOUNDING Member / Kilo Klub Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
With all that has been going on with my biz, I like to have back up plans. Does anyone know how much a financial advisvor for Amex usually makes? Or is anyone in this field? I'm pretty anal when it comes to numbers and my fiance mentioned this to me and I have been checking into it, but I haven't been able to find any type of Pay scale for this type of job. I have seen that the advisor needs to take several "Series" exams, off the top of my head, I believe it was the series 7, 63, and maybe the 66 as well.

Just curious if anyone here knows anything about it.

Thanks.

JW

financial advisor

I have some experience with this but it has been long ago. I took the exams and those sound correct. Series 7 is a bitch the others were not to bad. I know back then most companies would give a small draw salary for a short period of time and then it was straight comission. I would imagine that amex would give quite a bit of training and support but I do not know. This line of work is just like insurance sales your either fit the job or not. If that kind of work fits you I am confident that a six figure income is possible. The only problem is that you have to eat while traveling that road to six figures. Not much concrete info here but I hope it helps a little. Mr.clean101

JW,

The range of what a broker for American Express makes will vary significantly dependant upon clientele and years of service. I had a friend of mine who went that route, but basically starved with AmEx and moved on, but he doesn't (or didn't at the time) have a family. He is great in person, but terrible at "cold-calling", which is essentially what you'll have to do to build your business. Unless something has changed where they give you leads, so instead it's luke-warm call (vice cold).

It's a great industry, if you can get in somewhere. Not saying AmEx isn't a good place, but I think they will take "anyone" off the street and train them, but I think you (the individual) have to pay for everything--(I could be wrong), and the rest is up to the individual. It should be all deductible however.

The series 7 is tough, but you only need a 70 to pass. "Only" here is a relative term, but it can be done. There are places that offer a week of classroom study that prepare you for the test and there are also places to get study material as well, but again, I think this (with AmEx) would come out of your pocket "up front" (again, unless something has changed--as this is what happened with my friend). The 66 is a combination of the 65 and 63, but typically a broker will have his 7 & 63 at a minimum.

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions.

-slide

Hey bro

this economy aint the time to be a financial advisor unless you want one of your irate customers like me fillin your ass with buckshot. We all be losin money.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131