over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T, firefighter

Got Juice

Kilo Klub Member
ok heres the deal, i know this is off topic but i figure someone here can give me a little help.

right now im 21 and working in the IT field, which i really am gettign tired of. from what i know here in st.louis city, the pay isnt bad for firefighters and im sure the benefits are probably pretty good too. plus the schedule is nice, 1 on, 1 off, 1 on, 1 off, 1 on, and like 4 days off. that would be great for a lot of things besides lifting.

does anyone know how i can find out more information about this? anyone firefighters here?

Thanks, and sorry for the off topic post, but usually someone here can always help a little bit.

Thanks,

Todd

all towns have different schedules.. here in my town it is 1 on and two off.. this is a constant rotation... but, the fire dept in my town is know across the united states as one of the best to work for in the usa.. the benefit are great and they have quite a few personal days and buy back days for those days not used.. go to your local firehouse and ask for info in regards to employment.. they would be able to fill ya in on test dates and when they would be and as to benefits.. as i said before they are all different so go to the local and see how they are... :D

You can go to www.firehouse.com. There is a listing of fire dept. jobs. Also you can try your city goverment web site for testing dates. A lot of places are hard to get into. I've been a volly for five years now and have tired for the past three to get into to a paid company. It's great if your able to get in. Good luck

Usually they have testing every 2 years and then they rank the scores and hire from the top. Where I live you take a general competency test (written), then you take a physical test (if you're on this board it should be no problem for you, just make sure your cardio is decent). Then you would take the interview and hope that you scored high enough.

What I didn't like is here they rank you on the physical test pass/fail as long as you finished the course in the time required. I blazed the course the time I took it and I feel they should rank somewhat in how fast you complete it, after all the job is mostly physical and that should play the most part rather than how you can BS through an interview. That's just my rant!

If you're serious, try to get on as a volunteer somewhere and gain the experience, that will help a lot if you can show them you have experience during the interview.

Good luck!

I'm with The Postman on this one. The easiest way to get into it is to start off volunteer somewhere, get your Firefighter I and EMT... then apply for a paid position when ya got a feel for things. Your chances are a whole lot better if you've training and experience already.

I would love to see ya in a firefiters uniform! he/he lol;)

sorry I spelled firefighters wrong oops!!!

where iam from every one goes to the fire academy a year long course offered through a Community college then they work for cdf or the local fire department.

I was debating wether or not to go to a fire academy. I just completed the basic class... will finish my level I firefighting cert soon and plan to take some classes at state fire school this summer. I'll have my EMT cert done by the end of the summer if all goes according to plan... and then it's time to apply for pharmacy school and hope I can find a paid firefighting position wherever I end up goin to school. lol.

I think that it'll be alot of fun, bro. The pay is good, the work is fun and rewarding. It can also totally suck ass at times... as I've found out, but it's definitely something I'm glad I did. I say go for it.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear