advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Going back to college at an older age.....

Its great to make the desicion to go back now. I just graduated with a bachelors degree in December and I have already to decided to go back to school. Last week I began my journey toward recieving a MBA degree.

Damn Im old. Im 32 and just finished up my Associates last fall. It's only in Industrial Technology, but I still have the paper. I work for an energy company and started out a boiler operator for them. Bid into an Electrician's apprenticeship and almost all the credits counted towards my associates. The company even did the tuition reimbursement thing as long as I passed with a C+ or higher.

Now that I have this, Im looking to go to a larger school just south of where I live (it's a MAC school), but still unsure on what I want to pursue for my Bachelor's. Like Femlifter said, "it's never too late!!!!"

I had the same thing, they call it college level learning. I think I got 8 credits for writing a paper on electrical systems.

Its great to make the desicion to go back now. I just graduated with a bachelors degree in December and I have already to decided to go back to school. Last week I began my journey toward recieving a MBA degree.

Good move, a bachelors aint enough these days sadly.

i wanna go back but feel stuck.
i have 2 kids and wife and don't know how i could go back...
i have a B.A. already but it ain't doing shit for me.

and 24 is NOT old. if thats old then i am ancient and Old Fella is petrified. :p

-JS

I went to finish my BA at age 28, completed at age 30. Went to day classes with the kids, and loved it because when I spoke in class, I spoke from a perspective of maturity; someone who had been in the workforce for over a decade, and was a father. I also was still young enough where I wasn't the "old man". You are at a perfect age where people will look up to, especially girls.

Got my BA in 2001 after 7 years of indecision and multiple transfers. I've been working in my field now for the past 9 years and am going back for my masters in the spring when I will be 35. I'm with you brothers, a Masters degree today is what a bachelors was 10 years ago. Good luck!
M2M:cool:

Going back after 40....in todays economy you have to re-invent yourself. Going into the healthcare field.

Me:
5 Kids
Wife
Job (full time)
Gym

Taking 1 class a semester on my MBA. Took me 4 years, but im done in December.

I found going back at an older age made schooling easier. When I was younger, I was stupid, didnt understand how to manage my time, and didnt really grasp the concept of how important doing my "work" was.

Now, I find school to be easier than in the past.

Its just like the gym. Put in the work and see the results. Be consistant.

I think education is the best thing anyone can do to improve their life.

That said, I graduated from Arizona State in '02, I was 22 at the time. I am now 30 and wanting to go back for my MBA. If everything goes as planned, Im hoping to be back next fall ('11)...

The whole thing makes me nervous... I will be about 33-34 when I graduate, and currently with no wife, no kids, and currently no career (was laid off) I feel like certain aspects of life are passing me by. I plan to continue pursuing my goals, but I just wanted to share my anxiety.

i think its great when i see older people in my classes(im 22) its gotta be difficult making the transition back to school...mad props to anyone who does it

ITS NEVER TO LATE TO LEARN!!

Going back? Shit, I never left. This coming Fall semester will be my 22nd enrolled college semester. I just turned 32.

Just awesome!! I don't know how many I've had. I'll have to add things up. Lately just a class or two, but I just don't feel right when I'm not taking one....

The women get hotter every year, of course I get older, but a lot don't seem to mind.

University is wasted on the young.

Going back as an adult is a great thing in my opinion.

-Pack

I dropped out of college many years ago when I found a full time job and know ill eventually return . I see myself taking different language and computer classes to get back into the swing of things . I can remember reading on my yahoo page a 94 year old women graduated from college , so your never too old to go back . She did receive some criticism because many people felt what is the point at that age , and why not help out the needy if she was someone with a lot of money . I say she had a right to spend her money any way she wanted . It could have been a lifelong goal and I see as inspirational .

Good move, a bachelors aint enough these days sadly.

Tell me about it. My first assignment wast to write an Argrumentive Essay no less than 2000 words about what I decided to pursue a MBA degree. I learned a lot about the economy downfall when it initially began in 2007 along with great statisics...educations are much worth the work

well im 31 and just started classes this past week. working towards my associate for physical therapy assistant! I was the same as many right out of highschool into college with no focus and just wanting to party and chase girls!!
Its crazy how much things have changed in 10 years in regards to college. Now you go to class like normal but all your assignments,notes and announcements are online. We actually have a facebook like website we have to go on. If you want to talk to the teacher you email her and can also contact students in your class. You can turn in papers online instead of class. Its crazy. Was really worried at first but im catching on and kinda like the new technology they are infusing into school!!
Bottom line, if you dont have a degree or decent work exp. then go back to school even if its part time no matter how old you are! We can thank the economy and those running it for making times tougher on everyone!

I graduated at 36 with my degree and 4 kids!!! I worked double shifts every weekend my senior year!!

Old is just a word! I have met 20 somethings that seem old already, burnt out, stagnant and bitter. Life is meant to live. My goal is to make it to a ripe old age with a worn out body, having enjoyed everything I wanted to.

My next goal is to compete in my first BB show. I am now 39 and stronger than I have ever been. I am a firm believer in myself, and that is all it takes!
I also have a very supportive wife and kids as well, which makes it all click into place.

I always try to surround myself with positive people, so in your class, stick with the winners, the positive crowd, and go for it bro!!

well im 31 and just started classes this past week. working towards my associate for physical therapy assistant! I was the same as many right out of highschool into college with no focus and just wanting to party and chase girls!!
Its crazy how much things have changed in 10 years in regards to college. Now you go to class like normal but all your assignments,notes and announcements are online. We actually have a facebook like website we have to go on. If you want to talk to the teacher you email her and can also contact students in your class. You can turn in papers online instead of class. Its crazy. Was really worried at first but im catching on and kinda like the new technology they are infusing into school!!
Bottom line, if you dont have a degree or decent work exp. then go back to school even if its part time no matter how old you are! We can thank the economy and those running it for making times tougher on everyone!

That's a damn good field to be going into right now. Good money and NO shortage of jobs!!

Hey bro, your not alone. I started college at 18 and got involved in some bad stuff. I am finally going to graduate May 2011. I will be 27 and have my degree next semester. People always tell me not to worry about the path I took to get my degree but as long as a complete that path and get the degree.

Shit, 24 is still a baby. JK. Try going back in your 30's, that was the first thing that came to mind when i read the title. Your mind isn't as sharp as in your teens and 20's.:(

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member