over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Google Reader Suggestions

ScottMcD1

Registered
I consider PM to have a pretty wide variety of people and interests so I thought this was the best board to put this up.

Basically what I'm looking for is any suggestions for blogs/RSS feeds that people like to follow and learn from. Most topics are fair game, fitness obviously given the nature of this site, health, cool tips/tricks about any topics(cooking, DIYS, psychology etc), quotes, funny, music related etc.

The only things I'm not really interested in would be political sites because... well I don't enjoy reading them... either side. General news OK, but I'd rather not read overly slanted views on things.

So what do the members of PM like to read online? And if any of you write blogs that you want people to follow I'd be glad to subscribe and check them out.

FARK.
This is my ultimate news site. This is the very first site I check, after my email of course, when I get home from work after eating dinner.

I think you'll like this site, it has something to please every reader, and every mood your in.

Looks good to me, news with a little humor. Thanks for the suggestion.

Note to self:

Put LBAs, Pro Dosages, Doggcrapp, Genetics, etc, or any number of curse words in the title to get people to read your threads

I consider PM to have a pretty wide variety of people and interests so I thought this was the best board to put this up.

Basically what I'm looking for is any suggestions for blogs/RSS feeds that people like to follow and learn from. Most topics are fair game, fitness obviously given the nature of this site, health, cool tips/tricks about any topics(cooking, DIYS, psychology etc), quotes, funny, music related etc.

The only things I'm not really interested in would be political sites because... well I don't enjoy reading them... either side. General news OK, but I'd rather not read overly slanted views on things.

So what do the members of PM like to read online? And if any of you write blogs that you want people to follow I'd be glad to subscribe and check them out.

Cooking, hunting, travel, anything Techy related. I'm not really into space and science but if it has something to do with time travel and such. I'm there reading it.

Cooking, hunting, travel, anything Techy related. I'm not really into space and science but if it has something to do with time travel and such. I'm there reading it.

Ah man I often tell people, if they want to feel their brains swell, read the Wikipedia pages on the theory of general relativity (the long one; there is also a short one), dark matter, worm holes, string theory, etc and try to click on all the links to other Wikipedia pages and read them as well. It's nuts. How do you get into being a theoretical physicist?

I read a variety of blogs daily, many of which are written by economists (my field). They tend to cover many topics, and I think anybody could learn something from them. The comments to some of these blogs are also especially interesting to read, as it adds a discussion element to the blog content. Here are just a few of my favorites:

Marginal Revolution
Steven Landsburg | The Big Questions: Tackling the Problems of Philosophy with Ideas from Mathematics, Economics, and Physics
Overcoming Bias
You Are Not So Smart

Thanks heavy hands, that's exactly the type of thing I was looking for. I had the last one added already but will be checking out the others for sure.

Another thanks to HeavyHands. Food for thought that gets me away from the (very useful) tech filled stuff I have to wade through everyday as part of my job.

Last edited:
I'll give this one more bump in hopes of more responses before I have to accept that I'll only be reading only meathead blogs lol

Blogs, rss feeds for commonly update sites.

Most of my websites I read are at work, but I'll try to put some of them here. Unfortunately, most are tech-based, but I have some other interesting ones. I'm putting the rss url, so just pop it into the "add new feed" in Google reader:

Lifehacker - great website for doing things smarter. Wide array of things. Ok, Lifehacker is mainly about tech, but it is just so useful.
Code:
http://lifehacker.com/tag/rss/

Art of Non Conformity - "Unconventional Strategies for life, work, and travel" - this is a very interesting blog.
Code:
http://chrisguillebeau.com/3x5/feed/

ThinkBuddha.org is run by an English (as in UK) Professor talking about philosophy and Buddhism, among other things.
Code:
http://www.thinkbuddha.org/rss

That all I can think of from the top of my head.

I'll check out the other two... life hacker is on my list and does have some pretty interesting things. If I had a droid/iphone/kindle it would be GREAT lol

Thanks for the suggestions

I forgot to grab more at work, but I remembered one more that is interesting

The Art of Manliness - "a blog dedicated to uncovering the lost art of being a man."
Code:
http://feeds2.feedburner.com/TheArtOfManliness

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member