over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Greatest Discovery of the Century!

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I don't know if anyone saw this but the brilliant people at CERN DID find the Higgs Boson. The implications of this discovery are unimagineable. if you have a chance google it.

Yes I heard and watched this on the news! Im not to good in this sort of science field so I had no clue what was going on , what possibilities do you speak of or think this will cause?

what possibilities do you speak of or think this will cause?

That's kind of hard for anyone without a science background to even speculate on.

Think of it like this though; if they are on the verge of identifying the thing that defines matter itself, it could completely, irreversibly change the world. And that's not an exaggeration.

This discovery not only confirms that the theory of something called "The Standard Model" is accurate, but also opens up a new view of the universe. Granted, everything involved with this discovery is very preliminary and science is just scratching the surface of the implications of it.

Some noteable scientists are already talking about possibilities such as, light speed travel, anti gravity, star trek like transporters. However, and this cannot be overlooked, it is simply speculation. The basis for it is to de-mass matter. or remove mass from matter.

What was actually discovered is a particle. A particle that arises from a theorised field that permiates the universe which is responsible for imparting mass to all matter. Mass is a limiting factor on velocity, a cause for the warping of spacetime that we call gravity, and many many other things. Knowing where mass comes from has very far reaching posibilities.

This discovery may change.....well...everything. IT may allow us to marry Relativity with the quantum theory and give us a "Theory of Everything"! It really is of utmost importence.

Everyone alive right now is living in a time when science WILL revolutionize life on earth. We, as a species are experiencing the growth pangs of becoming something physicists call a type 1 civilization. A global civilization capable of harnessing incredible amounts of energy, and taking the first steps to mastering their own solar system. That is not MY statement, but the belief of many of the worlds most brilliant minds.

Last edited:
It's pretty exciting that they made such a huge discovery so early in the projects life time. It will be awesome to see what else CERN accomplishes.

so God is dead? It just a particle and so fucking what lol....so does it prove God doesnt exist then? I still believe in God...

This particle proves that something can come from nothing without the "magic" of a God. Pretty much makes God irrelevant, as if he wasn't already.

This discovery not only confirms that the theory of something called "The Standard Model" is accurate, but also opens up a new view of the universe. Granted, everything involved with this discovery is very preliminary and science is just scratching the surface of the implications of it.

Some noteable scientists are already talking about possibilities such as, light speed travel, anti gravity, star trek like transporters. However, and this cannot be overlooked, it is simply speculation. The basis for it is to de-mass matter. or remove mass from matter.

What was actually discovered is a particle. A particle that arises from a theorised field that permiates the universe which is responsible for imparting mass to all matter. Mass is a limiting factor on velocity, a cause for the warping of spacetime that we call gravity, and many many other things. Knowing where mass comes from has very far reaching posibilities.

This discovery may change.....well...everything. IT may allow us to marry Relativity with the quantum theory and give us a "Theory of Everything"! It really is of utmost importence.

Everyone alive right now is living in a time when science WILL revolutionize life on earth. We, as a species are experiencing the growth pangs of becoming something physicists call a type 1 civilization. A global civilization capable of harnessing incredible amounts of energy, and taking the first steps to mastering their own solar system. That is not MY statement, but the belief of many of the worlds most brilliant minds.

Wow pretty complex stuff I understood some of it, just out of curiosity what is your profession if you dont mind me asking, or how did you get so knowledgable about this topic ?

This discovery runs parallel to the realization that the earth is round, not flat. It's that big.

...and I thought bodybuilding could be complex lol.

Interesting stuff.

so God is dead? It just a particle and so fucking what lol....so does it prove God doesnt exist then? I still believe in God...

Actually Professor Higgs, and the rest of the physics community never called it the god particle and really dont like that term. That was something that the media made up and sensationalized. What they found is the reason matter has mass.

Here's an easy example. Lets say you want to put 30 tons of caro into orbit. Well that would take something on the order of 7-800 tons of fuel. Instead you interrupt the objects interaction with the Higgs field and de-mass it. Now it will besically just float the hell up.....oh and it would do it at the speed of light.

Sorry to rain on your parade all they've found is a particle with mass of 125Gev (giga electron volts) the predict range via the standard model for the higgs to exist, if it exists, is 80gev to 210gev. To confirm its the higgs they need to figure out if it has a spin of 0

Personally I don't think its the higgs but probably some particle that will lead to a discovery of the force governing quark gluon interactions as the standard model neglects this completely.

I don't know if anyone saw this but the brilliant people at CERN DID find the Higgs Boson. The implications of this discovery are unimagineable. if you have a chance google it.

Ever wonder what caused the big bang? Probably organic life playing with antimatter.

This particle proves that something can come from nothing without the "magic" of a God. Pretty much makes God irrelevant, as if he wasn't already.

Pretty narrow minded; what if your wrong? I wouldn't risk it!:lightbulb:

Eternal torment in hell or eternal joy in heaven awaits all people after death, based on whether they trust in Christ’s payment for sin or reject Christ.

It is a particle, not "nothing"

This is the one post I'll make as I want to respect tkav's original intention with the thread... it is not "something can come from nothing"... it is still the manipulation of particles to create something. Actually, if anything, it leads credence to there being a creator. You have scientists manipulating particles to create something... hence the old saying, "A watch implies a watchmaker."

Defending Biblical Christianity | Reasonable Faith

This was only a matter of time and totally expected. Was one of the main reasons the lhg was built. Might have been more exiting if higgs wasn't found and a new theory was needed. I don't see this taking science in any new direction but it does confirm we were on the tight track all along. As to bringing relatively and quantum mechanics together i don't see it as this points to the standard model being along the right lines and that has gotten us nowhere towards a gut. Wonder how this fits in with string/m theory, are they still pursuing those? Bit behind the times, spend to much time researching roids, gh and diet these days

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke