over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Heavy Bag MMA/Boxing Gloves

A50#

Old School Moderator
Staff member
Registered
Can anyone recommend a good quality brand? My son has recently started training and has went through a pair of Everlast and UFC brand gloves in 2 months. They both came from Dick's Sporting Goods so I'm feeling the commercial brands may not be the way to go. I was real disappointed in the Everlast. Very cheap quality and poorly made. I need something that's going to last a long time.

Can anyone recommend a good quality brand? My son has recently started training and has went through a pair of Everlast and UFC brand gloves in 2 months. They both came from Dick's Sporting Goods so I'm feeling the commercial brands may not be the way to go. I was real disappointed in the Everlast. Very cheap quality and poorly made. I need something that's going to last a long time.

fairtex makes quality gloves

Fairtex are also sold at Walmart.

I use combat corner 10-12oz for pad/bag work
Then Yokkao 16oz for sparring.. Combat corner is very affordable so I typically recommend that company.

Ringside.com
Titleboxing.com

I use to wear Ringside IMF tech for heavy bag, and i had a pair of Grants for sparring... i don't think Grant is around anymore tho

As mentioned above Fairtex, also Twins, Windy and I find Badboy veey good value for money i have the Thai 2, 14oz ones in particular.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not all Everlast gloves are made to the same quality. The handmade in Mexico are the better Everlast gloves. But you could just get your son a pair of Celto Reyes and he will be a happy fella.

head to titleboxing.com if you're looking for MMA Bag gloves

personaly I prefer Fairtex BGV9 superbag gloves. I wouldn't ever advise sparring with'em though.. unless you wanna piss off your training partner. they can be hard to find and will run about $130 but they're worth it 100%.

Heavy Bag MMA/Boxing Gloves

I use combat corner 10-12oz for pad/bag work..........!
Then Yokkao 16oz for sparring.. Combat corner is very affordable even there is many online Stores Providing High Quality Gloves and you can play for long term with them but try to buy before positive reviews............! I recommend RDX online Store for Boxing Gloves, Gym and **broken link removed** etc!

Fairtex are also sold at Walmart.

I use combat corner 10-12oz for pad/bag work
Then Yokkao 16oz for sparring.. Combat corner is very affordable so I typically recommend that company.

whaaaat????

what kind of Fairtex are at walmart???

IMO Fairtex are some of the highest quality gloves on the market. especially the BGV9 Mexican superbag gloves. super dense padding and good wrist support (which is my main concern), tight hand compartment when using wraps (which should be always.. real wraps too, not those 'speed wraps/knuckle pad' things). Hayabusa makes nice gloves as well, for the money. but fairtex are expensive enough and have decades of tradition behind them. never had MMA-style bag gloves, as the padding and support prevented me from going 100% compared to full size "super bag" gloves. If I were to pick up a pair though, I'd probably go with somethihg with a drouble wrist closure.

whaaaat????

IMO Fairtex are some of the highest quality gloves on the market. especially the BGV9 Mexican superbag gloves. super dense padding and good wrist support (which is my main concern), tight hand compartment when using wraps (which should be always.. real wraps too, not those 'speed wraps/knuckle pad' things). Hayabusa makes nice gloves as well, for the money. but fairtex are expensive enough and have decades of tradition behind them. never had MMA-style bag gloves, as the padding and support prevented me from going 100% compared to full size "super bag" gloves. If I were to pick up a pair though, I'd probably go with somethihg with a drouble wrist closure.

Venom makes a decent pair, but i also Agee fairtex hands down favorite gloves. I have 16oz for sparring and heavy bag, and 14 oz for mit work. I was trying to work on hand speed with the 14oz but I still slow lol

whaaaat????

Could I interject and ask if "stretchy" wraps or the "not stretchy" thicker ones are better, you seem to know more than I do and I like to learn

Could I interject and ask if "stretchy" wraps or the "not stretchy" thicker ones are better, you seem to know more than I do and I like to learn

I always prefer "not stretchy" lol. at least 180in. my Twins wraps are 200in, as I have small wrists and need all the support there I can get. them cheap shits at sporting goods stores are only like 80-108in. enough for female clients who just wanna put my gloves on and hit pads with me for 30mins a couple times a week for "cardio" while they bitch about their husbands/boyfriends/kids/stepkids/bosses/coworkers/neighbors/mother/sister/sister's husbands/exhusbands/parking ticket cops/irs/homeowners assn/etc... but 80-108 aint nearly enough for most people/men, even if they got 8.5in wrists. haha

the elastic cuts off circulation to my hands to easily and they'll go numb and get painfull pretty quickly. especially after 3 mins on the bags or pads and my hands swell a bit.

Venom makes a decent pair, but i also Agee fairtex hands down favorite gloves. I have 16oz for sparring and heavy bag, and 14 oz for mit work. I was trying to work on hand speed with the 14oz but I still slow lol

you spar with the same gloves you hit bags with? sparing partners must hate you lol.. or youre using sparring gloves on a heavy bag and your gloves hate you. lol

afraid if I used my twins on the bag they'd be shot to hell and flattened within 3months... plus the pretty white would get fucked up haha

the faster you get with 16oz, the faster you'll be with 12oz

I always prefer "not stretchy" lol. at least 180in. my Twins wraps are 200in, as I have small wrists and need all the support there I can get. them cheap shits at sporting goods stores are only like 80-108in. enough for female clients who just wanna put my gloves on and hit pads with me for 30mins a couple times a week for "cardio" while they bitch about their husbands/boyfriends/kids/stepkids/bosses/coworkers/neighbors/mother/sister/sister's husbands/exhusbands/parking ticket cops/irs/homeowners assn/etc... but 80-108 aint nearly enough for most people/men, even if they got 8.5in wrists. haha

the elastic cuts off circulation to my hands to easily and they'll go numb and get painfull pretty quickly. especially after 3 mins on the bags or pads and my hands swell a bit.
Lool the things you must hear in those PT's lol. Cheers man I will bear that in mind.
Regards :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner