over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Help me propose to my girlfriend

VTliftVT

Banned
So I have been dating a beautiful girl for over 3 years now who is the love of my life. We are currently living together and happily so. I have recently bought an engagmenet ring and had thrown the idea around of asking her to marry me while we travel with her parents to the Alabama vs. VT football game.

Just a little past history, this girl is a HUGE sports fan. After we met we spend the next 2 weeks watching the NCAA tournament. She is a die hard hokie fan and so are her parents and myself.

I also thought about asking her while we were in Florida on vacation in October but I feel like she would be far more suspecting at that point and I want it to be a complete surprise.

So I want to ask her between now and the game but want to come up with a unique, quaint, idea that will be memorable. I don't want to go with the asking over the big screen at the game, or something big and embrassing. I want it to be personable and just between her and I.

Can any helpless romantics help me out with some meaningful ideas?

Thanks!

Last edited:
You guys look good together!!!!-Hmmmmmmm.......not sure if its the right place to ask,its kind of a big deal imo and you need to think about how to do it more since you know her better. GOOD LUCK!

On your way to the game with her parents in the car, fake some car trouble and pull off the road. Make sure her dad is in on this and the two of you(you and dad) get out to look under the hood. When your future bride gets out to see what's up, tell her there is something stuck in the engine. Then you act like you pull out the little box from the engine, drop to the knee and ask away

I've got no real good idea crossing my mind as we speak, but one thing's for sure: you two make a beautiful & lovely couple and both look very happy together. :)

Best of luck for the future!!

We will be traveling seperately from her parent to the game (they have a place in florida and we are in va.). We will also be staying for the whole weekend so I could do it anytime that weekend. Also, it doesn't have to be that weekend at all, just throwing that out there since it would be an overall fun weekend...I could do another time before or after to make it romantic. I was just looking for ideas on HOW to make it unique.

A friend use to take his g/f hiking all the time and there was at the beginning of one trail a set of bricks that you could make your own. Most people made just their initials etc saying they had been there. Well he got two bricks made and both said "Elaine, will you marry me" and gave it to her to put there. She had no idea and she kept the second brick as a keepsake. Just looking for something unique like that.

I thought about getting a bottle of wine made that said "Steph will you marry me" and hope that she didn't immediately see it. Maybe take her on a hike/picnic when I bring the bottle of wine out? I just need some "cute" ideas haha.

After the game take her somewhere like a restaurant like the stratosphere type thing where you are way up in the air..or to the top of some kinda tower..say some shit..like from the heart ya know.. I mean HONESTLY just say what you wanna say bro. (like how much she means to you..and you want her to always be there etc.) This is IT!!! This is a big moment and if you just dont try to plan it all out and do it from your heart I know she will really appreciate it. I wouldnt go with the big screen thing either..way to cheezy..my girl would prolly walk out hahaha...

..hope this helps.. definitely no expert obviously

RJ

Google "marriage proposal ideas"

You'll get a ton.

**broken link removed**

"In a recent poll, 85% of women stated they were "disappointed" in the way they were proposed to."

that just bothers me... ATLEAST HE ASKED YOU!!! i sware... no matter we what we do.. women just cant be happy!

lol.. sorry VT i dont have any good ideas.. but congrats! Ill be in your shoes pretty soon

You guys look good together!!!!-Hmmmmmmm.......not sure if its the right place to ask,its kind of a big deal imo and you need to think about how to do it more since you know her better. GOOD LUCK!

Thank you I really appreciate that. She makes any picture look good :D

I've got no real good idea crossing my mind as we speak, but one thing's for sure: you two make a beautiful & lovely couple and both look very happy together. :)

Best of luck for the future!!

Phidias, thanks for that. If nothing else I just want to make her happy and I hope that the proposal will set the tone on a positive note :D

After the game take her somewhere like a restaurant like the stratosphere type thing where you are way up in the air..or to the top of some kinda tower..say some shit..like from the heart ya know.. I mean HONESTLY just say what you wanna say bro. (like how much she means to you..and you want her to always be there etc.) This is IT!!! This is a big moment and if you just dont try to plan it all out and do it from your heart I know she will really appreciate it. I wouldnt go with the big screen thing either..way to cheezy..my girl would prolly walk out hahaha...

..hope this helps.. definitely no expert obviously

RJ

Thanks a lot for the idea, I will keep this one in mind for sure.

Google "marriage proposal ideas"

You'll get a ton.

**broken link removed**

Damn Shelby, taking the easy way out. I know you have good ideas with stuff like this, your always very well spoken. I came to you for a diet plan bc you are the man...I didnt google "diet" :D

"In a recent poll, 85% of women stated they were "disappointed" in the way they were proposed to."

that just bothers me... ATLEAST HE ASKED YOU!!! i sware... no matter we what we do.. women just cant be happy!

lol.. sorry VT i dont have any good ideas.. but congrats! Ill be in your shoes pretty soon

85%???? Fuck...well I guess I need to go ahead and rent that schooner to take to the mediterannean for a weekend :rolleyes:

Maybe Lynx and Cslim will hop in here for some female ideas....I bet Jethro was gonna hide it in a monster cookie. " here meredith....this is a SPECIAL cookie for you....be careful where you chew :D:D:D:"

Last edited:
I think women now are expecting something very unquie and always seems to think that you will propose at unquie times and places. I say just take her to a nice resturant. Nothing over the top, just casual. ANd ask her after dinner. Get on your knee in the resturant and just ask. I say keep it simple and this will go a long ways

say some shit..like from the heart ya know..
RJ

Now there's a hopless romantic if I ever heard one....LOL:p....Just kidding. However you ask her I hope it turns out well VT. You two are a good looking couple.

Well I just ordered two personalized bottles of wine with the proposal written on the label along with the date etc. They look very very nice. I believe I am taking her on a "hiking trip" with a picnic and going to have her look at the bottle to see if she likes the wine and then ask her there...

anyone think thats corny?

I'll just tell you what I did and it could at least spawn an idea or two:

My wife and I love PF Chang's. I bought a couple of fortune cookies and put them in the microwave so that I could open them up. I put the ring in one and a poem in which I referenced the park where I first kissed her in the other. After dinner at PF Changs, and I did this to make everything very "normal" so she wouldn't suspect anything "special" for the date, I took the fortune cookies and said that we should go for a walk and that we could open them up later. I took her to the park where we first kissed and had her open the fortune cookie with the poem. After that I opened the fortune cookie with the ring and asked her to marry me. It was fun.

I'll spare you all with the details of the poem itself so I don't sound like "girly-man.":p

I'll just tell you what I did and it could at least spawn an idea or two:

My wife and I love PF Chang's. I bought a couple of fortune cookies and put them in the microwave so that I could open them up. I put the ring in one and a poem in which I referenced the park where I first kissed her in the other. After dinner at PF Changs, and I did this to make everything very "normal" so she wouldn't suspect anything "special" for the date, I took the fortune cookies and said that we should go for a walk and that we could open them up later. I took her to the park where we first kissed and had her open the fortune cookie with the poem. After that I opened the fortune cookie with the ring and asked her to marry me. It was fun.

I'll spare you all with the details of the poem itself so I don't sound like "girly-man.":p

I like that, thats very original and relates only to you and her....good stuff! Thanks for the idea.

I just read your idea about the wine right after I posted - I think that's a great idea! It's thoughtful, intimate, memorable, and we all know that she'll keep that bottle of wine on mantle somewhere as a memory of that special moment. Good job!

What ever you decide, it will be perfect! You two make a good looking couple.;)

Idea

Take her to where you first met her, or went on your first date. Maybe even have a framed picture of the spot made in advance. But make sure it's just the 2 of you. Not with her parents. Soon her parents will become the enemy. (Just kidding. Sort - of) And post up a more complete picture of her with stats and cycle history.

Last edited:
From a female's perspective ...

You're on track with making it unique to you two as a couple, and not something big or flashy (like in front of 8000 people). Honestly, whatever you do is going to be perfect because it'll be a special moment you two will always remember.

Once you ask her, though, be ready to be thrown into full-fledged wedding-planning mode! LOL :D

Best of luck! :)

~ Mo

My take on it....

"Sweetie, there's no one else that I would even WANT to be able to refer to one day as "my first ex-wife" more than you......"

I think that ought to do it. :p

I know, I know...I'm so romantical. It's a gift. :)

Seriously though, congrats and good luck.

:D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity