advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T How can I delete my comp. Warranty :)

GoneForever

Banned
Labtop is under full warranty. Basically I need the whole computer clean. I was just gonna put in a new hardrive but I dont have all the softwear that came with my comp,etc.. I lost all that shit and I dont know how to install all that stuff anyway. My anitvirus,etc.. all that shit is under warranty. So,, what I was thinking is, what if I took the hard drive out, let it soak in water for about 2hrs. Then took it out and let it completely dry and put it back in comp. Then just go into place I bought comp and say I dont know whats wrong with it. Any better ideas? I dont know shit about comps.

They might find traces of water damage if any water gets into the hard disc itself which will screw you over.

Im not an expert on comps, but Im sure if you opened it up and took a strong magnet to it, youd mess with a lot of the electrical parts in there.

I'd reformat it, then use the start up disks that it came with and reinstall Windows and it's drivers, and the freed sectors will be written with new stuff as you use it.
Use a zero-fill harddrive wiping tool if you are paranoid.

I think he implied he does not have the disks. You can contact the manufacturer under warranty, give model number and they will send you the complete set for a nominal fee. You don't really have to know how to use them. Just pop the first disk in a follow instructions. I've done this b4.

Pekkerwood

Take the harddrive out and hit it with a hammer a few times make sure you use something the cover the head as it will leave marks.... after a few firm hits put it back in to make sure its not operating.. and you will get a new drive... as far as getting a bigger drive buy a bigger one and have one of the local computer companies image the data over... and it will be like its the same drive.... only bigger:D or maybe after bringing it back with a damaged drive they'll let you upgrade for the difference

Last edited:
i dont know if this will help but i actually had a laptop get fried due to water. it got wet in the shower while i was listening to music. It was covered under warranty so i took it back and they fixed it, but all my files were still there after the comp was fixed.

Labtop is under full warranty. Basically I need the whole computer clean. I was just gonna put in a new hardrive but I dont have all the softwear that came with my comp,etc.. I lost all that shit and I dont know how to install all that stuff anyway. My anitvirus,etc.. all that shit is under warranty. So,, what I was thinking is, what if I took the hard drive out, let it soak in water for about 2hrs. Then took it out and let it completely dry and put it back in comp. Then just go into place I bought comp and say I dont know whats wrong with it. Any better ideas? I dont know shit about comps.

what exactly are you wanting to do? wipe the hard drive completely? you can get tools for this but you'll still need to reinstall all your software and operating system. If youre wanting to clean up 'dodgy' areas of your hard drive then you can get tools for this also :cool:

Whatever you do dont 'damage' your hard drive by yourself :)

Comp works great. I just want all "info" erased. And I dont know a thing about computers or where to start. I would just buy a new hardrive for like $80 and it slips right in, but then i'll be looking at a blank screen and have no clue what to do. And I dont have any original disks. So I would have no clue to to install windows,security,etc...

if you dont want anyone ever to find anything bro youre best off throwing it in a deep lake

this tool will deep clean unwanted files and their registry entries

even formatting a drive isnt guaranteed to clean 'everything'

the method to use all depends on what exactly you want removing

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236