over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T How do you guys cook your steaks?

goheavy63

Registered
Monday is my bday but because I have to work I will be celebrating today. Going to have me some New York Strip and Shrimp. I like to baste mine with olive oil then add black pepper, season salt, garlic powder, and then A1. Take that and put in a freezer bag with worchester sauce. Marinade for at least 4 hours.(more if you have time) Then throw it on the a hot grill until around medium rare. The thicker the steak the better. Then I put the shrimp in some butter, garlic salt and teriyaki sauce. Marinade again for as long as you can. Then put on skewers and throw on grill.

Grill for sure...ribeye is my fav or CA tri-tip

Good recipe:

Whatever cut of steak you have...sear each side for a couple minutes...turn heat on low/medium and cook for an addition 7-9 mins until cooked through.

take steak off but leave pan on low/medium heat...scrape the side of the pan for any grizzle...add red wine, capers, mustard (butter optional)....heat mixture and it will begin to thicken...pour on top of steak....INSANELY delicious :love:

I marinate mine in Italian salad dressing over night then grill it.

No need to add all that salt if ur also adding a1 or terriaki

I must be in the minority in regards to steaks.

I like em rare, and with as little seasoning as possible.

OH yeah...Happy Birthday!

I dont mind them rare but need a little more flavor

Ground sea salt on both sides of steak, then put olive oil in fry pan and heat oil extremely hot put steak in pan for 5 minutes per side depending on how thick, this locks all the flavor in, no need to and any sauces. Make sure to use a lid cause it will pop oil all over.

Last edited:
Oh for the love of all things holy I cant believe you guys pollute a good cut of meat with some of that shit !!! Angles cry when you put A1 on a steak!!!:eek:

I preheat my grill to 500 degrees then out the steak on the grill , start counting as soon as blood comes to the surface stop counting then flip it , leave it on this side for how ever lo g you left it on the first one , take it off , lay it cool side down and let it rest for at least 10 min.

This should leave the middle warmed and still red , but not pink

If you add stuff to it and over cook it then you are missing the whole "BEEF" flavor and might as well eat chicken

Ground sea salt on both sides of steak, then put olive oil in fry pan and heat oil extremely hot put steak in pan for 5 minutes per side depending on how thick, this locks all the flavor in, no need to and any sauces. Make sure to use a lid cause it will pop oil all over.

I wouldn't cook with olive oil...use coconut for high heat

Oh for the love of all things holy I cant believe you guys pollute a good cut of meat with some of that shit !!! Angles cry when you put A1 on a steak!!!:eek:

I preheat my grill to 500 degrees then out the steak on the grill , start counting as soon as blood comes to the surface stop counting then flip it , leave it on this side for how ever lo g you left it on the first one , take it off , lay it cool side down and let it rest for at least 10 min.

This should leave the middle warmed and still red , but not pink

If you add stuff to it and over cook it then you are missing the whole "BEEF" flavor and might as well eat chicken

I agree. If I put anything on my steak it will be a little horseradish. Hotter the better. Compliment with a nice cold corona .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

I am from the south. The more salt the better. Thats the way I like mine. Everybody is different. Oh yeah got to have a baked potato with that also. I take the tater and brush will olive oil and salt. Then put in aluminum foil and throw on the grill to. Hey its my birthday.

rub the steak with himalayan pink sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and minced garlic. I have a 18 prong meat tenderizer that I will then stamp over it a few times to drive the garlic chunks into the meat. I also let the salt sit on the outside of the steak for a while while it rests on the counter for up to a couple hours while it draws the water out of the piece of meat. Then throw it on High heat charcoal with wood chunks (mesquite or hickory) until rare/med-rare. let sit 5 mins before piercing to rest the juices.

rub the steak with himalayan pink sea salt, fresh cracked pepper, and minced garlic. I have a 18 prong meat tenderizer that I will then stamp over it a few times to drive the garlic chunks into the meat. I also let the salt sit on the outside of the steak for a while while it rests on the counter for up to a couple hours while it draws the water out of the piece of meat. Then throw it on High heat charcoal with wood chunks (mesquite or hickory) until rare/med-rare. let sit 5 mins before piercing to rest the juices.

I always like propane better but your prep sounds great.

I has a poor and was gifted a George Forman grill, so I grill em up like that. If you can really call it grilling. But I like to marinate in garlic powder and a touch of low sodium soy sauce, and then just destroy it. That's only if I'm feeling out of the ordinary. Otherwise it's just regular pepper and some other low/no sodium flavorings and seasonings, or I pan fry it with salt/pepper and a ton of eggs. Gotta love steak and eggs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wife

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner