over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Identity Theft Protection

Registered
I need some help from you guys. Someone stole my original birth certificate and social security card from my house. I think it was the cleaning people that my wife brings to the house.

I am worried about identity theft. In the past I heard of something along the lines of receiving a phone call everytime a new credit card is opened in your name to verify that you want this new credit card.

Without having to purchase protection from LifeLock or anything along those lines, what is my best option to avoid future problems?

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

Contact he 3 credit bureau agencies and have them place a fraud alert on your bureau. I think there is a way to place a "lock" on your credit so that someone will have to answer certain questions only you would know if they are attempting to acquire credit under your ssn

just have really bad shitty credit like me. If I can`t open a credit card in my own name, NOBODY else can either :) The only other thing I know is life lock. Calling the credit agencies sucks and is a pain in the ass.

Life lock helps with everything but the IRS. The Mexicans sell that identity to someone who will work in a meat packing plant somewhere. Then their income shows up as extra income triggering an audit. Then you clear it up, file police reports, etc. but no one actually does anything about it. That person keeps working using your identity, etc. It's such BS. I see it all day in my job, make referrals, and law enforcement and the IRS doesn't care. Many of them even file a tax return and get a refund. Next, they can file state returns in different states. Get LifeLock ASAP. At least you'll have someone on your side then

Thanks for all the replies.

I put a "freeze" and "fraud alert" on my credit report.

This link is very helpful.

Place a Fraud Alert | Consumer Information

Make sure you contact all 3 credit agencies yourself though. I had a problem a few months ago and notified one agency only. They are supposed to contact the other 2 but that didn't happen.

You can either call or go to each website and place the fraud alert. Its also a good idea to fill out the proper form on the FTC's website and file a police report with the local authorities.

Last edited:
Make sure you contact all 3 credit agencies yourself though. I had a problem a few months ago and notified one agency only. They are supposed to contact the other 2 but that didn't happen.

You can either call or go to each website and place the fraud alert. Its also a good idea to fill out the proper form on the FTC's website and file a police report with the local authorities.

Solid advice right there. What a horrendous situation. I hate thieves.

I would recommend the 10-12 bucks a month and monitor your credit status at all times, you let stuff go and need credit to buy something like a house it will take you years to fix it.

I don't know if anyone else has thought of this or not but the companies which have your personal information to protect you from id protection...the government gets hacked...imagine the gold mine a hacker would find if they were able to retrieve those id protection agencies files...that location would have ALL of your personal data which to me is about the worst thing to think of...heck a hacker could even have your "safe" words you use ..."big boy" password commercial comes to mind...lol

Do NOT give your SS number to anyone. If they insist, tell them to use another number as that number was made for SS.

Good luck 360, for someone to steal those documents, they certainly aren't doing it for the thrill of it. There is ill intent for certain on that one.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws