YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T I've lost all respect for Renan Barao! Pulls out of fight on 24 hours notice.

Medic08

Kilo Klub Member
This guy made every excuse in the book why he lost to TJ in the first place. Then gets an immediate rematch by the grace of God. NOW this guy pulls out of the fight the day before the fight! He obviously was way too heavy coming into the fight, started dropping so much water that he supposedly passed out.

Dana White is REALLY pissed off and for good reason. Thank God we have true fighters like Joe Soto that takes the fight in less than 24 hours notice. Plus, props to TJ for accepting the fight when he didn't have to. Would Jon Jones have done the same thing? HELL NO!

I feel bad for TJ bc this is a lose/lose situation bc if he wins then its not a big deal bc he was given a new opponent who wasn't even in the mix on 24 hours notice. If he loses then its obvious why it would be a big deal.

I think TJ is spot on. Renon is scared. The dude has never missed weight and now on the biggest fight of his career he fucks it up?! Either that or he was scared that he was going to be busted for PED's. Very unprofessional and I've lost all respect for him. I'm tired of Renons camp anyway and this just adds to it.

Joe Soto replaces Renan Barao, will fight T.J. Dillashaw in UFC 177 main event (updated) - MMA Fighting

Pros react...
Pros react to T.J. Dillashaw vs. Joe Soto, Renan Barao's withdrawal from UFC 177 - MMA Fighting

Last edited:
I agree. I thinks it's very unprofessional and disrespectful to your opponent to not make weight. Too bad for TJ.

Yep! I can see people saying that Barao didn't pull out, but he was forced out. He was forced out bc he decided to try and cut all of his weight the week of the fight and was obviously still really heavy.

Renon really fucked up this time bc Dana has made it very clear that he will not even be considered for a title shot when he recovers which I think is the right move. The guy was champion forever so I really don't understand how he screwed this up so bad.

I just don't understand how an elite fighter doesn't know how to cut weight? It takes a few trial runs to get it down but he has been fighting for over 10 years!!!

One of my best friends is a world class powerlifter and he trains I. The same gym as Matt Brown. Matt's camp was calling my buddy asking about weight cutting advice the day of weigh ins!!! (This was for the Robbie Lawler fight)

Un-freaking-believable! These guys are supposed to be professionals...If he can't cut to 135 then he should move up to 145. I was really looking forward to this rematch. Huge opportunity for Soto. I can't see him beating Dillashaw though. TJ has taken his skills to a whole new level.

Can't wait for the buffoonish statements to come out of Nova União.

Absolutely gutted, was really really looking forward to this match tonight , cant believe soto jumped in at last minute and yeh like you guys are saying totally lost respect for Renen, man he should has this shit locked down weeks out not pulling this shit last minute, absolutely no integrity man.

I remember reading somewhere that Renan camp weight before the cut, was the same as Aldo.

Renan is supposed to be a PROFESSIONAL and can't make weight after a whole training camp. That is weak! Lack of mental toughness. Not like he didn't know the fight was coming.

Dude was champ forever and made weight just fine, but the biggest fight of his career and can't pull it off!!!??? Sounds like something else to me....

There is more to this story then meets the eye! I think his ability to cut weight may have been a factor, or was it the realization that TJ was going to kick his ass again that made him not want to cut down to the proper weight!

Completely unprofessional, especially considering that his actions affect more than just his pay to show. UFC has cancelled entire shows before when the main card fell through and everybody loses their payday. I hope Dana puts Barao on suspension.

Completely unprofessional, especially considering that his actions affect more than just his pay to show. UFC has cancelled entire shows before when the main card fell through and everybody loses their payday. I hope Dana puts Barao on suspension.

His punishment was Dana didn't pay him his "show" money and he lost his place in line for a title shot. So whatever he paid for his camp, came out of his own pocket.

He didn't deserve the rematch anyways after TJ dominated him for 4.5 rounds and then finished him in the 5th.

When is Dana not pissed:confused:

When people actually do their jobs which is not very often. The guy catches a lot of shit, but lets be honest, he's got a really tough job. It seems like every day someone new s getting hurt, pulling out of fights, missing weight, failing a drug test, running from a drug test, judges ruining fights, refs stopping fights way too early, etc....

He seems pretty happy most of the time, but he's usually got good reason to be pissed off or annoyed.

When people actually do their jobs which is not very often. The guy catches a lot of shit, but lets be honest, he's got a really tough job. It seems like every day someone new s getting hurt, pulling out of fights, missing weight, failing a drug test, running from a drug test, judges ruining fights, refs stopping fights way too early, etc....

He seems pretty happy most of the time, but he's usually got good reason to be pissed off or annoyed.

Agreed. That job has to be pretty stressful. It's not all "celebrity life" and jet setting around the globe.

For the record, my friend ran into him and was blown away by how nice Dana was. He stopped what he was doing to talk and take pics and thanked my friend. My friend was like, your the head of the UFC, why are you thanking me? Dana said, "without the fans, we would be nothing".

Me personally, I love the no BS attitude. I prefer people speak their mind and say what they mean instead of trying to sugar coat it or be "PC". But that's just me.

I want to be Dana for just one day.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420