over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Job help. Anyone else struggling?

Heres some advice....

I too would love to live the bodybuilding lifestyle. The problem is, are you getting paid to do this??? No, unless your a successful pro. So, there lies the dilemma of about 50% of bodybuilders. Im sorry but you have to work extremely hard in life to get what you want. Look at it this way you have nothing to lose, and everything to gain. Bodybuilding will always be there. You, have to make education a priority in order to make a living in most circumstances. Im not talking about being wealthty but you have to be able to self sustain. You get out what you put in. I work in medicine and have to say I love it. Most people in medicine seem to like it. I like it but need mored education also. The need for nurses right now is insane. The hospitals are always giving sign on bonuses etc..... Im going into anasthesia within the next few years and must say im trippin balls myself. However we have to leave our safe zone in order to progress. I say get some education, otherwise you could lose your job at anytime then poof, now you start all over again. Just my 2 cents.... Dont give up, you can do it.:)

Best advice is to go back to school...there is just no two ways around it, otherwise your just going to find one shit job after another and in 2-3 years be out looking for something else to do.

You will never find anything you like, with out an education...whether you have time or not you make time...just a class here and one class there till you finish.
Bar tending? sales? if your heart aint in it you'll get tiered of it quick and then bam !!!
your right back here saying the same shit on another "I cant find a good job" post in a few months...Go take a class..one class at a time...one semester at a time and before you know it....you're where you want and need to be financially.

Medical field is the best as far as time in school vs. income after graduation...
Best bets are Licensed practical Nurse( 10-12 months of classes) income $18-$20+/HOUR depending on experience.

Registered Nurse (two year associate degree to get the education to sit for the national registered Nurse boards test) Starting pay lower 40Grand to over 70-80 Grand
and depending if you go on to get your BSN or masters you can make 6 figs a year...ie: A Nurse anesthetist makes 150,000/year plus.
Years of edu. 4 years plus 3 years additional class and training.

AND if you get a job at any hospital say in housekeeping/ security gaurd or dietary in the hospital ..the hospital will pay full tuition if you promise to work there for a set number of years after you get your LPN/RN license

X-ray and other techs..not so good... there just isnt that many techs needed in a hospital/clinic as there are need for RN's and LPN's

OR: go to Truck driving school and get your CDL-A license. Your gone over the road for 2-3 weeks at a stretch but you can make 50K your first year...and gain 30lbs around your waist your first year as well...LOL
There simply are no maore factory jobs like in the 60-70's if your not in the medical field or construction field then you need to go back to school...for anything..just get over the fact school takes time, in these times you do what you have to do to survive.
Do you really see yourself working at some Bar till your 65-70 ? or trying to sale something when your 70 years old...Thats as stupid as trying to run for President when your 72...way to old..LOL

I agree with most of this, but I know that truck drivers are making more than that if your an owner operator. Even some company drivers are making more than that. But all in all SOLID advice!

Nursing

I am in my last year of nursing school and trust me when I say that it WILL take over your life. I have never studied so hard in my life, and im on the border of passing. I am also a 4.0 student...and I work as a PCA(nursing assistant) at the hospital rite now, and trust me as I say its not as glamorous as you think...just do what you love, b/c a lot of these nurses have chips on their shoulders and the environment where you work will make you happy too. I love the medical field but if your not too into it, youll burn out in no time flat...money is not always everything, you got to like what you do. The only great thing about nursing is the job demand, especially being a male and the many types of work you can do so you will never get bored. Plus any professional schooling is very tough. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is what you're looking for, but i remember you are a young guy... have you ever thought of working in an oil service company? like schlumberger or BJ? Most of the field operators and job operators don't even have a highschool degree... i've worked with tons of americans and canadians from BJ, Schlumberger, Haliburton... etc and they are making close to $150K per year. It's alot of work, but they need people. you will be sent to other countries all the time (you probably won't work in the states either), but it pays well, you can support the family, and if you do a good job you will eventually get promoted. you can work for 5-7 years, save up a shit ton of cash, then go back to college, get a degree and find a nice job close to home. Alot of my friends went and worked for schlumberger (they had highschool degrees), saved up more money than you can imagine (you don't spend much when you're in the field 24/7) and went back to college and got a degree in finance, economics, engineering... etc. they now have an excellent paying job, no field work at all, and have enough money saved up to do anything they want.

just something to think about...

and trust me, a lot of people (me included) are like you. i don't want to work this stupid job... it's a dead end for me. but i'm willing to go to work everyday from 7-4 pm so i can afford a nice life for my family, and enough money to follow my hobbies (bodybuilding and other things). most times, it's not something you want to do, but you have to do... ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU'RE RESPONSIBLE FOR SOMEONE ELSE!!!

I noticed the maroon beret on your picture and I am assuming you are a fellow paratrooper as I was. Look man there are so many opprutunities out there, you just have to start slow. I started out as a EMT, then in the end I went to Med school and now I am an ER doc doing well for myself. I did EMT school to make it through college. I payed for my college, well except Med school. I would find a job in the medical field EMT, LPN, RRT, or anything really. Once you get your foot in the door you can decide what you want. LPN school pays really well. My buddy go out and went to LPN school for a year and 5 years later he is an ARNP making 100000 a year. It take drive and knowing that you are a paratrooper, I know you have it. Good luck man, and hang in there.
All the Way, Airborne!

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner