over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Jon Jones..

P.S. is there a way to embed youtube videos on this board or no?

-b.

Not that I'm aware of.

2rejgi9.jpg

Last edited:
You are reading the stats the complete opposite way bro, that's your problem lol!

I provided the round number and the SPECIFIC TIME as it counts down per round respectively, as shown whilst watching the fights. Ergo, "Round 1 @ 4:55," means: it was less than FIVE SECONDS into the round, when GSP landed the takedown... That's fucking INSANE, not that it just happened once, or a "fluke," but that the man does it on a CONSISTENT basis and has the HIGHEST percentage of takedown completions/success in the HISTORY of The UFC.

-Cheers
b.

None of those fighters were Anderson Silva.

Could GSP get a takedown? Sure.
Can Anderson stuff his takedowns? Sure
Will he be able to every round . Not likely
Can he hold Anderson? Not likely.
Can Anderson submit him? Sure
Can Anderson KO? definetly
Can GSP KO Anderson. no

Then there's the mental aspect. How will GSP react the first time he takes a kick to his injured leg. Last time he got in trouble during a fight he tapped to strikes. If GSP can get TKO'd by a blown up flyweight, Imagine what happens when Anderson touches his chin. Anderson will have no fear of GSP striking which means he can focus on TDD. You can always train for takedowns, you can't train your chin though. Gsp has 2(1) finishes in his last ten fights, Anderson has 8(7) finishes in his last 10, Including wrestlers like Sonnen x2, Hendo, and Marquart. In 2010 Silva's manager offered a fight with GSP at 170lb and then a catchweight of 178lb. Don't think GSP ever responded.

29uq99c.jpg
,**broken link removed**,
silvaaa.gif

I'd show some GSP hilights, but they're like Ambien and it's kind of late. :D

Can GSP KO Anderson. no

Then there's the mental aspect. How will GSP react the first time he takes a kick to his injured leg. Last time he got in trouble during a fight he tapped to strikes. If GSP can get TKO'd by a blown up flyweight, Imagine what happens when Anderson touches his chin. Anderson will have no fear of GSP striking which means he can focus on TDD. You can always train for takedowns, you can't train your chin though. Gsp has 2(1) finishes in his last ten fights, Anderson has 8(7) finishes in his last 10, Including wrestlers like Sonnen x2, Hendo, and Marquart. In 2010 Silva's manager offered a fight with GSP at 170lb and then a catchweight of 178lb. Don't think GSP ever responded.

29uq99c.jpg
silvaaa.gif

You're right: none of those fighters "WERE" Anderson, and that's the point. Anderson is not even on the same fucking planet wrestling/takedown defense-wise as Hughes, Kos, Fitch, Sherk, Penn and Shields. So you tell me to "imagine what it would be like striking against Anderson," and my obviously fair rebuttal to you would be: "imagine what it would be like with GSP's insane and lighting fast takedowns, dry humping Anderson all night."

And actually no, the last time he was in "trouble," or fighting with adversity was in the Jake Shields fight, where Shields fucking destroyed GSP's eye with his gouge. GSP couldn't see out of that eye at all, but continued to push forward, trying his best to finish Shields. Just saying.

It's all a toss up obviously. None of us know what's going to happen if these two ever meet, but we can share our respective opinions. Regardless of ANYTHING that is said here, I continue to stand FIRMLY behind my assessment, that GSP can/will land takedowns on Anderson. Can he hold him down? Who knows? Can he handle Anderson's striking offense? Who knows?

BUT,

I "DO" know this: I think people have REALLY forgotten JUST HOW FUCKING GOOD/EFFECTIVE GSP actually is. Call him boring, safe, blah, blah, blah, the dude is a freak athletically, patient and conservative aggression, smart, fast, shit tons of work ethic, ALWAYS wanting and GETTING better. I think people have forgotten a lot of this, and GSP needs to "refresh" the collective memories.

I will also say this though, Anderson is the BEST fighter on the planet right now, and as my buddy Travis says: "He's the fucking Devil." haha, so this fight would definitely be EPIC as shit. And if Anderson won/wins, a follow-up fight with Jon Jones would be fucking insane, and if Anderson won THAT fight, it would obviously secure his place as the MMA greatest fighter ever.

-b.

Can GSP KO Anderson. no

29uq99c.jpg
silvaaa.gif

Oh and P.S. I would add that none of those 3 guys in the .GIF's you linked are GSP either. Forrest, Yushin and James do not have the defensive striking capabilities of GSP. Let me explain a bit more: While GSP isn't some behemoth of striking, he is however very good at minimizing damage and remaining elusive on the feet.

BUT,

being fair, Anderson is also a fucking MONSTER in the stand-up so, who the fuck knows lol?

Just wanted to share
-b.

You're right: none of those fighters "WERE" Anderson, and that's the point. Anderson is not even on the same fucking planet wrestling/takedown defense-wise as Hughes, Kos, Fitch, Sherk, Penn and Shields.

Take down defense
Hughes 35%
Shields 38%
Fitch 57%
Sherk 57%
Kos 63%
Penn 77%

Silva 70%
**broken link removed**

Oh and P.S. I would add that none of those 3 guys in the .GIF's you linked are GSP either. Forrest, Yushin and James do not have the defensive striking capabilities of GSP. Let me explain a bit more: While GSP isn't some behemoth of striking, he is however very good at minimizing damage and remaining elusive on the feet.

BUT,

being fair, Anderson is also a fucking MONSTER in the stand-up so, who the fuck knows lol?

Just wanted to share
-b.

He dropped yushin with a jab, do you think GSP can avoid a jab from Anderson for 25 min. That's the difference make a mistake against anderson and your pretty much done. SAme cant be sadi for GoScorePoints. GSP is not elusive, he keeeps his hands up, footwork is average, the reason he striking works is because his opponents fear his take downs. If Silva goes into the fight he won't be worried about getting knocked out. He'll simply look to defend td and counterstrike.

Take down defense
Hughes 35%
Shields 38%
Fitch 57%
Sherk 57%
Kos 63%
Penn 77%

Silva 70%
**broken link removed**

He dropped yushin with a jab, do you think GSP can avoid a jab from Anderson for 25 min. That's the difference make a mistake against anderson and your pretty much done. SAme cant be sadi for GoScorePoints. GSP is not elusive, he keeeps his hands up, footwork is average, the reason he striking works is because his opponents fear his take downs. If Silva goes into the fight he won't be worried about getting knocked out. He'll simply look to defend td and counterstrike.

Well you did your homework, so kudos to you on that, but I still don't think Anderson can be compared to the likes of Hughes, Koscheck or Fitch in terms of overall wrestling/defense, but I guess those numbers don't lie, unless we care to painstakingly breakdown WHO those fighters were facing at the time, etc. but that's getting just a "bit" too carried away me thinks lol...

I also think you're oversimplifying a potential match-up between these two as well, as it pertains to Anderson. You make it sound like Anderson wouldn't have any challenge in front of him, facing the number two guy in the world.

Either way, Anderson is the number one fighter on the planet, with GSP following behind at number two, and I still think, like I've said several times now, GSP lands takedowns on Silva; my humble opinion, and I stick to it.

-Cheers
b.

Although he's NOT Anderson obviously, Thiago Alves is no joke either, and since you had a good time posting shit, I thought I'd reciprocate:

The front/low-inside kicks to GSP's convalesced knee are going to be STOMACH-CHURNING! :eek: Not to mention GSP's ring rust and mental weakness. The real winner is gonna be the fans that night.

The front/low-inside kicks to GSP's convalesced knee are going to be STOMACH-CHURNING! :eek: Not to mention GSP's ring rust and mental weakness. The real winner is gonna be the fans that night.

The only thing worse is the front teep/push kick to the leg that all the fighters are using now.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws