over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: LIFE-What Is It Really?

money does not buy happiness and it does nothing but attract the wrong type of people, it ruined my marriage ironically.
When we met we were broke but happy, I made some money finally and poof marriage fell to pieces

What is life? To paraphrase the Good Book - "Life is like a vapor which appears for a little while then vanishes away".

i mean this with nothing but respect....

Man, if I were some of you guys, and truly believed in nothing after this life, I would be pretty depressed. You're essentially saying nothing in this life matters. That's depressing. Like, gun in your mouth depressing.

i think it's the exact opposite. it is because this is is your one and only life that it matters so much. i would hate to live awaiting for the true rewards to be found only in my grave. it is the opposite of depressing, it is liberating, that what you do in this life is only judged by yourself and those that loved you. my moral standards are determined by me. everything in this life matters, or nothing does....it's up to you to decide. and why choose to live a loving, giving life if their will be no rewards in an afterlife?....because i have decided that its the way i will be remembered. i do not need the threat of purgatory to dissuade from over indulging in the pleasures of life.

to reiterate....i respect everyone on this board and their views. im sure this thread is dangerously close to being locked, but if we keep it civil then perhaps not. i always enjoy getting to know the guys here from more than just a bodybuilding perspective.

My apologies for not getting back to this thread sooner. I've been working hard in summer school and putting in a lot of ours for a couple supp companies I'm doing some innovative work for.

I actually like where this thread is going. It's brought essentially people from two sides of the spectrum. It brings the religious to the non-religious, and the people who believe in living for now and living for what comes after.

I tend to side with Phidias and LATS on most of the ideas posted. The idea that we should enjoy today for today is an idea that many bring up, but I do feel like few people actually do. This doesn't mean to not prepare for tomorrow or after life (if you believe in that of course... we're looking at all sides of the coin here), but rather to enjoy the time you have, make impacts on the people around you, and to of course if you have family or loved ones close to you prepare for if something happened (this tends to be if you're the main bread winner or people depend on you to live a certain lifestyle). Life is really just an idea. We will never know why we're here or what the purpose for us being here (of course some people feel that they understand why we're here and their purpose in life... which I respect fully. To each his own of course) really is, but in the end if we can make our lives and the lives of the people around us just a little better and brighter, then we've done something good.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws