over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T my 17 y/o cousin is a PITCHING BADASS

Nice bro. Are scouts from college coming to his games? I had recruiters from UCLA, Tennessee, Texas and CSUN come to my games to scout me as I played 2nd base in highschool. Ended up playing SS/2nd base in college for 2 years. If your cousin can maintain that killer fastball of his and learn to master a couple off speed pitches he could make it to the big show eventually.

Nice bro. Are scouts from college coming to his games? I had recruiters from UCLA, Tennessee, Texas and CSUN come to my games to scout me as I played 2nd base in highschool. Ended up playing SS/2nd base in college for 2 years. If your cousin can maintain that killer fastball of his and learn to master a couple off speed pitches he could make it to the big show eventually.[/QUOTE]

He MUST throw more than just a hard fastball. It's hard to tell from the angle, but if he's throwing 100 and it's flat, he won't have a long career without off speed. This is coming from experience. I caught guys throwing 98-100 and they never made it out of A ball. Reason is, if you don't have an off speed pitch, they sit on the fast ball, and EVERYONE in pro ball can hit a fastball! Guys like Aroldis Chapman, Kimbrel (braves) and some other flame guys are so successful is because they incorporate off speed and their fastball has movement.

I wish your cousin the best of luck, he needs to stay healthy! He will have a long career if he continues to learn to be a pitcher and not just a thrower. Verlander is a great example, guy throws ched but has good off speed, Max Scherzer is the same, and they are very successful. I hope he continues to develop into a great pitcher!

Did you watch the clips at all?

Watch him play....he is a surgeon....the first 3 pitches were off speed...he is smart, creative and very tactfull...the ball goes where he wants it...

Every clip i receive i will update the post so you guys can see the progress...ill also post scouting reports as i find them.

BN

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
And richie...

Im rather insulted that you think that i think a good pitcher just throws fastballs...

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

He also has a little brother...just as good for his age...both will make it in the bigs...

**broken link removed**

Did you watch the clips at all?

Watch him play....he is a surgeon....the first 3 pitches were off speed...he is smart, creative and very tactfull...the ball goes where he wants it...

Every clip i receive i will update the post so you guys can see the progress...ill also post scouting reports as i find them.

BN

Yes, I did watch the clip. What he throws in between innings has no bearing on his skills. The ball does NOT go where he wants it to. He has some control issues. I know he's your cousin and you want to stick up for him, but I'm only offering constructive criticism. He throws hard, that helps him get away with missing his spots...for now.

The higher he goes, the less he'll get away with it. He has good mechanics from the video, just gets ahead of his arm sometimes. That's why the ball is left up. I'm saying these things because I was a catcher and I've caught guys who are and were in the big leagues. If he continues to leave the ball up as he goes into pro ball, he will be a very frustrated young man.

And richie...

Im rather insulted that you think that i think a good pitcher just throws fastballs...

Where did you read that? I NEVER said a good pitcher just throws fastballs! Did you even read my entire post???? If he relies SOLELY on his fastball, he won't have a long career. IF he has good off speed he will potentially have a long career (that pretty much sums up my last post). I didn't see many off speed pitches for strikes (unless swung at due to poor pitch selection). As a matter of fact, the ONLY off speed pitch I saw was the first batter swinging at a 55 foot breaking ball. Everything else appeared to be a fastball. As I said, he can have a long career if he works on some things. I'm not knocking him, just keeping it real brother. Would you rather me not give suggestions to help his career, and just be another person who has no clue what really happens in professional baseball to say how wonderful he is???

I truly hope to see this kid on tv one day! I've just seen so many great prospects fade into oblivion because they were told how great they were and when they had something they needed to work on, they shrugged it off because they always "got by" with what they had, never adapted. I don't want your cousin to do that.

Being 17, he will mature more physically and mentally, that's amazing to think. I wish him the best of luck and please do keep us updated on his career!

Thanks...yes i read your post...anyone who knows anything about baseball realizes a pitcher must have variey and know the batter and then too be able to apply it to what he knows about them in order to exploit their deficienies or weekness...him being my cousin doesnt have much to do with my own desire for him to excel...

This kid is different...you would have to meet him to get what im saying...im not talking physically. ..fast/hard throwers are a dime a dozen...i agree...he is modest, down to earth, does his chores and homework before baseball kind of kid...its indescribable...,

But ur right...things happen...some fade into obscuity...he' s headed in the right direction...and im pulling for him...and i can tell u guys are too..so thx..

Bn

I used to be a pitcher in high school. I was a year round player and we were in front of college scouts all the time.

He'll have plenty of time to learn how to be a master of ball movement, speed changes, etc. For now, all he should focus on doing is maintaining his body. MAKE SURE NOBODY OVER USES HIM!!!!!!!!! I can't tell you how many damn times a team will use a young pitcher to death, leading to elbow and shoulder problems.

Sluggers are fun to watch, but there is NO equaling a pitcher who throws in the mid to high 90's. I'd rather watch a 15 strike out game by Randy Johnson or Nolan Ryan than see some .250 hitter strike out twice and hit two homers.

This is really, really cool. You should be very proud.

My neighbor played in the minor leagues awhile and almost got into the big leagues but he ended up tearing up his shoulder and had to have surgery. His career was over after that. Is overuse a big issue?

Thanks...yes i read your post...anyone who knows anything about baseball realizes a pitcher must have variey and know the batter and then too be able to apply it to what he knows about them in order to exploit their deficienies or weekness...him being my cousin doesnt have much to do with my own desire for him to excel...

This kid is different...you would have to meet him to get what im saying...im not talking physically. ..fast/hard throwers are a dime a dozen...i agree...he is modest, down to earth, does his chores and homework before baseball kind of kid...its indescribable...,

But ur right...things happen...some fade into obscuity...he' s headed in the right direction...and im pulling for him...and i can tell u guys are too..so thx..

Bn

I re-read what you posted and I misread it, my bad. I didn't think that was/is what you thought. However, some guys who throw gas think that's all they need because they're striking out high school guys who have no shot at even college ball much less the pros. I read one of the articles you posted and from that, he seems like a down to earth kid, kinda like Jeremy Hellickson when he was that age. As long as he continues to grow in the game, he should have a great career. The reason why guys like Schilling and Maddox were relevant for so many years is they evolved as pitchers and he has the same opportunity with his God given talent

My neighbor played in the minor leagues awhile and almost got into the big leagues but he ended up tearing up his shoulder and had to have surgery. His career was over after that. Is overuse a big issue?

HUGE issue. A coach will see a kid who dominates and use him so the team can win and not take into account the kids future. High school baseball does matter, but I have seen kids who could've at least played minor league ball suffer injuries from over use. It's sad to watch a kid throw 15-20 games in a 25-30 games season. Your body needs recovery from throwing, just like lifting.

also sad when you see 11-12 yr old kids in these little league world series.. At this age your arm is no where developed enough to handle the stress of throwing curve balls.

Wurd....is him doing all of these extramural games a bad thing...?

He needs exposure to high calibur players...imo...he is going to taiwan on the US Team...that should be good...when they start playing on these special teams in outside advanced leagues do the coaches respect the fact that they should not overuse them...

Ive always wondered this...

Tyler and steven(his brother) are the genetic freaks as far as baseball talent goes in the family....his father got a full ride as a pitcher to UT as RHP but didnt love it enough and just went back home...BOTH my grand father and great grand fathers were amazing pitchers but the family needed them on the farm...most they did was local baseball on the weimar vets team...

I got all the strength...none of the height...im 5'8" 236...

Their father didnt have them untill he was around 40....they had the advantage of a patient, nurturing father with nothing to do but teach them and pay full attention to them...they are just all around good, mature kids...they have a great chance ti do very well...it will be interesting to see how it plays out...

BN

Throwing that kind of heat, early first round draft choice.

Ak

He also has a little brother...just as good for his age...both will make it in the bigs...

Not that a 17 y/o throwing 102 doesn't have a legitimate shot at making it in the bigs, but making it in the bigs comes down to a lot of other factors besides raw talent...particularly when you are talking about pitchers.

I'm not trying to take anything away from you or him, I'm just saying that is a VERY BIG statement to make about a 17 y/o.

I've been around baseball all my life, my dad played in the BIG's (not minors) for 17 years...seen a lot of things surrounding talent.

Best of luck to him though...definitely very talented ballplayer.

O/T this is professional muscle not facebook! :welcome:

O/T this is professional muscle not facebook! :welcome:[/QUOT

You the O/T police?

Im not on facebook dbag...only here with meat heads....no one else to share my pride with...

My cousin is a pitcher...sorry

Feel free to post about your cousin/wife....just be sure to begin your thread with O/T....

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner