over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T NFL bans Saints coach for 1 year

saps

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Wow that's even steeper than I thought it would be :eek:

I'm not complaining lol I live in Louisiana and every Sunday my Facebook wall is full of who dat and saints crap!

That's a pretty harsh penalty. But, they're trying to get the point across regarding flagrant hits and the NFL will make an example out of you if you violate.

It's football they need to get tuff.

I dont think it was about dirty hits it was about playing the game. What guy dosent sack the QB and hope hes out for the rest of the game. I mean give me a break.

Dick Butkus would have been banned from the NFL if he played with these bullsh*t rules

Definitely a harsh penalty for the coaches involved.

A year is harsh man, I am not even a Saints fan but damn. I understand protecting the safety of the players and that is dirty but this football. The second you step between those white lines you gotta protect your neck.

It's football they need to get tuff.

I dont think it was about dirty hits it was about playing the game. What guy dosent sack the QB and hope hes out for the rest of the game. I mean give me a break.

Dick Butkus would have been banned from the NFL if he played with these bullsh*t rules

Its not so much about the hits. Its the money they were paying them under the table to injure another player so he is out of the game.

Sad thing is that "professionals" would do this. I mean its hard enough for a guy to make it to the NFL and your out there trying to hurt or injure him for a measly ten grand. Thats chicken shit if you ask me. Why does somebody have to pay you for a BIG hit. You should want to get the BIG hit just for the love of the game.

And you a right about Butkus. If he played in these times he would have to pay to play with all the fines he racked up in a season. LOL!!

now i get it. i thought it was hypocrisy when they'd all kneel in a circle and "pray" after an opposing player got hurt.
now i see they were just figuring out who to put the hit on next.
in fact, change "pray" to "prey" and now it works. who to prey on next.

a year is a lot...but the nature of the offense required a stiff penalty imo.

going to be a while before e here the word "bounty" associated with an nfl team again

he deserves it..not like he didn't know what was going on

he was trying to keep it from football being turned into flag football which is something gooddell wants...Yeah morally it's wrong..but hard hitting is well was a part of the game whether or not you got a bonus for doing it

Hard hits are always going to be a part of the NFL, or should be.

But intentionally trying to take out people is a bit retarded. People pay money to see "star players", but if there is a bounty on their head to take them out... seems silly from a fans POV.

I don't think the NFL had much of a choice other than to give a harsh punishment but I did't feel that it would be this bad. I'm sure the league is smart enough to know that other teams are more than likely doing similar things but when it comes out they have to handle pr. At the same time I do feel that there are certain coaches in the league that would have been given much smaller penalties for the same offense. Then again I'm a dirty steeler fan and am just a bit pissy cause of all of James Harrisons fines for playing the kind of football that I like to watch lol.

As much as these guys get paid to play a game, I think there should be at least some "risk vs reward" here. And really, who honestly thinks this is an isolated incident.... Like they are really the only team who does (did) this kind of thing.

The Saints played right into RG's hands with this thing. The NFL is a money-machine, and the only thing that can rock their boat is the potential lawsuits that are eventual from the quickly gathering scientific data on concussions and head injuries. What they were denying only a few years ago, they are embracing now because the science is pretty clear-cut, and they have to be proactive. The NFL would love to have guys blowing each other up every play, but right now, it's simply business, and people are going to watch anyways, so they have to err on the side of caution.

They would have been better off video taping their opponents' practices.

The Saints played right into RG's hands with this thing. The NFL is a money-machine, and the only thing that can rock their boat is the potential lawsuits that are eventual from the quickly gathering scientific data on concussions and head injuries. What they were denying only a few years ago, they are embracing now because the science is pretty clear-cut, and they have to be proactive. The NFL would love to have guys blowing each other up every play, but right now, it's simply business, and people are going to watch anyways, so they have to err on the side of caution.

I agree with this.

I have no issue with the punishment at all. However...why were the Pat's treated so weakly when they were caught cheating? Come on now!! Coach Belichick should of got a 2 year suspension for that shit they were pulling up in New England!!

It's weird to see a team other then the Steelers and their defense get some kind of punishment for this. For the longest time I thought it was only the Pittsburgh defense that could fine/punished.

But Payton knew what was going on....he is the boss...the head man...prob the only one that could of put a stop to it!! But he was prob chippin in on the pots lol

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131