over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T old school Jiu jitsu

in before internet martial art expert tells us all the faults in the video -

that was awesomely entertaining. I particularly love the suits and that he keeps fixing his hair. It gets interesting about a 1 minute in when he throws him to his back. No mats, no pad- that guy to took the hit like a champ. It's not the most beautiful thing I've ever seen but it was entertaining as hell.

looks like aikedo to me lol

and how is the video so sharp? its got the blotchy shit from back then but i guess its called pixels? or whatever... the video looks much too sharp for 1919

im no expert just a thought

Last edited:
looks like aikedo to me lol

and how is the video so sharp? its got the blotchy shit from back then but i guess its called pixels? or whatever... the video looks much too sharp for 1919

im no expert just a thought

dont quote me on it believe aikido is based on jiujitsu.. karate too. JJ was one of the "first" japanese martial arts and then different disciplines developed from it if i remember right.

can't speak to the quality. hope it's legit. otherwise, great fake video.

dont quote me on it believe aikido is based on jiujitsu.. karate too. JJ was one of the "first" japanese martial arts and then different disciplines developed from it if i remember right.

can't speak to the quality. hope it's legit. otherwise, great fake video.

Aikido is a subtle mix of several disciplines. Ju Jitsu to Jiu Jitsu is a hybrid of Kodokan Judo that evolved (somewhat) concurrently with Aikido but removed from the preempts of the Kodokan (temple/building).

In the 20th century the exportation of Ju Jitsu/Jiu Jitsu and Judo to west was Jiu-Do. Finally coming to rest In Brazil via Maeda, substantiated by Carlos Gracie and proliferated/polished by 'God' aka Helio Gracie.

In modern speak (eg; internet) Japanese Ju Jitsu/Jiu Jitsu is denoted as JJJ whereas The Brazilian lineage is (obviously) BJJ. They are two very different disciplines only held together by a faint, shared lineage. Hope that helps.

That video (as fake as I believe it to be) is JJJ.

Aikido is a subtle mix of several disciplines. Ju Jitsu to Jiu Jitsu is a hybrid of Kodokan Judo that evolved (somewhat) concurrently with Aikido but removed from the preempts of the Kodokan (temple/building).

In the 20th century the exportation of Ju Jitsu/Jiu Jitsu and Judo to west was Jiu-Do. Finally coming to rest In Brazil via Maeda, substantiated by Carlos Gracie and proliferated/polished by 'God' aka Helio Gracie.

In modern speak (eg; internet) Japanese Ju Jitsu/Jiu Jitsu is denoted as JJJ whereas The Brazilian lineage is (obviously) BJJ. They are two very different disciplines only held together by a faint, shared lineage. Hope that helps.

That video (as fake as I believe it to be) is JJJ.

Not sure if I read you correctly....but Kano`s Judo is from jujutsu techniques, so it would be the other way around - Judo is a hybrid of Jujutsu.

Not sure if I read you correctly....but Kano`s Judo is from jujutsu techniques, so it would be the other way around - Judo is a hybrid of Jujutsu.

Yep, you read me correctly. Ju Jitsu is the proverbial 'parent'. That's why I said Ju Jitsu to Jiu Jitsu.

Where the confusion lies (for everyone) is in the time frames. There hasn't been any clear disambiguation of when, where or how (exactly) the branches where made. Ju Jitsu is roughly 500 hundred years old but the clan lexicon(s) of the era(s) make it particularly hard to show when the 'jiu' was prefixed.

There are a lot of varying accounts on the internet. Many of which don't hold water for most historians.

One interesting story of Ju Jitsu (under various names) is its roots in India through China. To much to type.

Reading over my thoughts it's still blurry. :D

Ju Jitsu - Judo - Jiu Jitsu - Jiu Do - Brazillian Jiu Jitsu

But* actual use of the 'Jiu' predates Judo, just not the complete discipline. Many people just intermix the Ju/Jiu. A macron and other linguistic subtleties are used as well.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws