over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T PS3 Vs. Xbox 360

babygetoboy

Registered
Hey everyone, a little off topic, but I am planning on buying one of these, but am not sure which one. I'm leaning towards the PS3 because of the blu-ray but wanted to see everyone's opinions.

Thanks everyone.

I would go with the 360. I might be a little biased, because i had an xbox over a ps2, and now i have a 360, but I just think 360 comes out with more games, is more user friendly, and xbox has exclusive games like halo, etc. I really think i like it so much just cuz i had the regular xbox before. if i had a ps2 before, i might feel differently. If you had a xbox or ps2 i would just decide based on what u owned before cuz u will already be used to that console.

P.S. dont know if youre into shooting type games, but if you are, go buy call of duty 4 when you buy the console. Hands down the best game ive played in a LONG time.

Every Xbox that I have owned breaks. I have had a ps2 since it came out and it never fails. I love the 360, but I got the Red Rings of Death and had to send it ou to get repaired under Xbox's new extended warranty that they had to issue because of hardware failures. My original Xbox is a piece. We cant even use it anymore. My 360 is operational right now but the disk drive is broken and you have to manually open and close the tray. It is not even worth the money to fix it. I can get a refurbished 360 for less than it will cost to replace the disk drive

XBOX 360 has a 16% fail rate.

PS3 also has a fail rate of 6%

I have both, and my XBOX has not failed in 2.5 years...BUT!!! it is on its last leg...the noise that it is making when it starts up and stops sounds like a train wreck...and I have been getting a dirty disk error a lot.

PS3 just picked up 4 weeks ago...you can surf the net, and do other things...the HDMI port is nice (XBOX only offers it on the ELITE 489.00). You can buy a converter for XBOX, but that is just more connections you can do without.

Soooooo, if you want to play games, XBOX 360 is teh way to go.

IF you want a BLU RAY player and a game console, PS3.

IF you want to play online, then XBOX is the only way to go...PS3 is a free service, but you get what you pay for.

XBOX...more games that appeal to people,

PS3 coming out with good games at the end of this year and beginning of next year.

TIPS: do not put them in a cabinet...do not cover them...and if you can, put a fan on them to keep them cool. They run HOT!!

I love my ps3, plus the new format of Blu-ray is the one that all the other companies are adopting. HDdvd is going to fade away. So blue-ray is going to have more choices in the long run.

PS3!!!! All the way..... BLU-RAY and everything else it offers is just above the XBOX... Once the HD and BLU-RAY war was over I went and got a PS3 and I couldnt be happier... It upconverts standard DVDs also... Really it all depends on what you plan on doing with it... I use it mostly for movies but I love when my buddies come over and we play some Tiger Woods or Madden... Its a good time and the Graphics are unreal. My opion is, unless youre into HALO, or other games that are exclusive to the XBOX, then its a no brainer to go with the PS3.... happy shopping and good luck

360 definetely.

both are solid, but you can get a 360 for half the price of a ps3 with plenty of memory

For those that don't know.....

1. HDDVD is a dead duck.

2. Microsoft supposedly has already made an operational Blue Ray player for the 360. I think they are expected to hit the maret shortly, but I am unsure...God knows what you can get an HDDVD player for now and a bunch of movies off Ebay. You can likely run both.....just a hunch.

3. The 360 marketplace already offers movie downloads in high def, so whats the big deal over the PS3? The PS3 has it built in....the 360 you can go online and rent it.....

4. Haven't personally played on the PS3, but overall from what I read the 360 is a superior game console which is what it was meant to be.....not a DVD player. Seems people forget what these were made for.

I had a 1st generation machine. It just recently took a shit and Microsoft covered all of the shipping and swapping machine for machine. Yeah it sucks that it broke, but who elese warranties thier shit like that? It came with a year warranty and winds up getting extended 3 years. People like to talk about it like it's such a raw deal, but it's not.
Microsoft leaves A LOT in the box. I for one enjoy wirelessly streaming all my music and video to my 360 which is hooked to my home theatre. It beast listening to music and watching the videos on a small screen.

I just don't see the PS3 as be all end all of consoles because it has a Blue Ray player. I didn't buy it for that.....but if I want to, at least I'll have my pick of 2 different players for it. It might be nice to pickup some cheap HD movies off Ebay and save some dough.

Ps3 All the way...I love the graphics and efficiency...Plus i believe you have to pay for xbox online which is ridiculous in my opinion and its free for ps3...i think the games look alot better xbox 360 is bogus in my opinion

Ps3 All the way...I love the graphics and efficiency...Plus i believe you have to pay for xbox online which is ridiculous in my opinion and its free for ps3...i think the games look alot better xbox 360 is bogus in my opinion

Yeah....I guess it's 50bux for the year, but from what I understand, PS3 online has nothing on the 360.....

What excatly does a PS3 have access to online?

i've gotta go with the 360 as well. i have both, but just about the only thing i ever use the ps3 for is to watch a blu ray.

FYI! I stand corrected. Apparently Microsoft will be putting a lot of resources into it's online library and internet Television services.

Microsoft hoses down latest Xbox 360 Blu-ray rumor
by Darren Murph, posted Apr 2nd 2008 at 4:09PM

If you're suddenly overcome with a feeling akin to déjà vu, go ahead and kill that speed dial to your physician. For the second time in a month, Microsoft has actually come forward to squash a Blu-ray Xbox 360 rumor. This go 'round, an alleged statement from Redmond states quite outrightly that "Lite-On is not manufacturing Blu-ray drives for Xbox 360," and it continues on by noting that "customers who want a premium movie experience [can check out the] library of on-demand HD content" available to console owners. Still, we've grown accustomed to these denials by now, and while you'd think that having a pair of rumors on the matter smashed would put the issue to rest, we've all ideas this one isn't quite dead and buried just yet.

If anyone knows how to fix an xbox or where i can get a killer price on one PM me...lil bro's broke and i know he loved it....

If anyone knows how to fix an xbox or where i can get a killer price on one PM me...lil bro's broke and i know he loved it....

Some guys on ebay sell refurbished. So you send em 100 bucks, and they send you a "new" xbox, then you just send him your broken one..

I have PS3 and Xbox 360 and I can tell you I get a lot more use out of my Xbox 360. I bought the PS3 mainly for the Blu-ray which I rarely ever use. The newer releases of the Xbox 360 can go in 1080p (Highest resolution available) without needing to get the Elite version (You just need to buy an HDMI cable). The Xbox 360 also has way more games out. Plus if you going to be playing multiplayer online Xbox Live is 100x better than Playstation online.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear