over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T question for gun enthusiasts

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anybody own or ever shoot a Kel Tec sub 2000? I took my son to the gun range last week and we rented one of those and both absolutely loved it!! I'm thinking of buying one and the price is very reasonable at between 300-400 dollars. Let me know if you like it or maybe suggest another carbine that is as much fun to shoot. Thank you.

I've never shot that exact gun but i own two kel-tec pistols and both are great guns.

yes.....

Anybody own or ever shoot a Kel Tec sub 2000? I took my son to the gun range last week and we rented one of those and both absolutely loved it!! I'm thinking of buying one and the price is very reasonable at between 300-400 dollars. Let me know if you like it or maybe suggest another carbine that is as much fun to shoot. Thank you.

..... my friend owns one (I have fired it twice, I'll stick with my VEPR) and i own their compact 9mm. The 2000 feels like a toy but is reliable just like their pistols. They have excelent customer service if you happen to need it. IMO the little rifle is a good value in that price range. Excellent for home defense or SHTF/backpack gun.

BC

I have one

In a 40 caliber. I love it because I can shoot it at the pistol range, or the rifle range. I bought it around thanks giving. My 7 year old son thinks it's the coolest gun in a world full of cool guns.

My problem is I have a SwAT cop friend with his own Tactical Defense Company and he always borrows it. (like right now)

Great gun. It was about $350 but with tax and everything it was about $400. It's nice that it uses Glock Magazines - if you already have a glock,

Very Cool Gun. And very nice/easy to shoot.

In years past,

Kel tech has had a horrible reputation for reliability and quality... right up there with Hi-point and other throw-away guns.

That being said, many people say that Kel Tech arms have improved, and are decent now.

Personally I would choose something else.

they are cool functional little guns , I worked one over for a friend on an ATF form 1 , we cut the barrel back and built a suppressor for it then pinned and welded the suppressor to the barrl so that the OAL was still 16.5" , now the gun runs as good as ever but suppressed so with sub sonic ammo you can shoot it in your back yard and the neighbors will never know.
I had concerns about doing that much work and putting that much money into what I figured was an "dissposable" weapon , not anymore.

the only trouble I'd see with it is the ammo cost , their so damn fun to shoot that the ammo bill will mount very fast. Its hard to beat a good 22 long rifle for family fun and plinking , you can shoot all day for $20

I'd get a Ruger 10-22 and slowly make mods to it , you can trick one out and realy make a "cool" gun thats very reliable , safe and fun to shoot

they are cool functional little guns , I worked one over for a friend on an ATF form 1 , we cut the barrel back and built a suppressor for it then pinned and welded the suppressor to the barrl so that the OAL was still 16.5" , now the gun runs as good as ever but suppressed so with sub sonic ammo you can shoot it in your back yard and the neighbors will never know.
I had concerns about doing that much work and putting that much money into what I figured was an "dissposable" weapon , not anymore.

the only trouble I'd see with it is the ammo cost , their so damn fun to shoot that the ammo bill will mount very fast. Its hard to beat a good 22 long rifle for family fun and plinking , you can shoot all day for $20

I'd get a Ruger 10-22 and slowly make mods to it , you can trick one out and realy make a "cool" gun thats very reliable , safe and fun to shoot

Thats awesome. I love hearing about gunsmiths like yourself doing such work. Eventually I want learn about gunsmithing.

And yea I have the Kel-tec PLR 22, the piece of shit jams all the time, but not as bad as my Intratec Tec-22, surely one of the shittiest guns of all time.

And at a gun show a couple months ago I bought an old Remington Fieldmaster pump .22 rifle, it kicks ass. very quiet too.

im currently looking to buy a keltec p32 for alittle pocket concealment.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws