over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Sinus problems

michelin

Registered
I'm laid up at home with acute sinusitis...........again, I'm getting really pissed off with this as it happens twice a year and all i can do is take antibiotics to clear the infection and decongestants to dry things up. Im lucky that I have a gym set up in my garage so at least I can still train. Theres no way I'd go to my local gym with my eyes and nose streaming continuously, especially with all the media garbage about swine flu :)

My question is - have any of you guys had the operation to drain sinuses? Its an option thats been mentioned. Ive heard mixed stories and results but I cant keep going on like this year after year, I need a solution.

Thanks.

Just curious, but when this happens... does it align with you being "on"?

not at all mate

When my nose gets bad I go and get a Kenalog shot and you will have to ask for it but it works within hours and seems to keep the nose in check for the rest of the season but I went to the doctor for6 yrs every fall and spring and they gave me all kinds of pills ect. to take never worked and then a friend told me about kenalog. So the next time I went in I asked for one and the doctor acted like wow you have never tried a Kenalog shot and gave me one and it worked......... give it a shot...

neti pot

this changed my life. do a google search for neti pot. here's a link to get you started....**broken link removed**

I had the surgery for remove of nasal polyps and drainage of a abscess. I was on and off antibiotics for 5 year before having the surgery. It been 7 years since I had recurring sinus infections. It is usually performed as a outpatient procedure. The most discomfortable part was they will pack your nose with gauze for a couple days following the procedure. Make sure you have a experienced ENT surgeon who has done the surgery more than just a hand full of the time.

Sinus cleansing with a saline solution is very beneficial

Good Luck Bro!

Last edited:
I'm laid up at home with acute sinusitis...........again, I'm getting really pissed off with this as it happens twice a year and all i can do is take antibiotics to clear the infection and decongestants to dry things up. Im lucky that I have a gym set up in my garage so at least I can still train. Theres no way I'd go to my local gym with my eyes and nose streaming continuously, especially with all the media garbage about swine flu :)

My question is - have any of you guys had the operation to drain sinuses? Its an option thats been mentioned. Ive heard mixed stories and results but I cant keep going on like this year after year, I need a solution.

Thanks.

i get exactly the same as you.

yeah i had it done when i was in my teens. wasnt that bad mate. got it done at a bupa and wasnt too expensive either.

still get it now but it took a few years to hit me again.

this changed my life. do a google search for neti pot. here's a link to get you started....**broken link removed**

I strongly second this. I've had sinus issues all my life. Not constantly, but once to twice a year I will get completely stuffed up.

Then I started a neti pot. Almost immediately I could breathe easier through my nose, stopped having my seasonal sinus episodes, started peeing 10-year old scotch, and my penis grew three inches - all side effects I would love except I don't like scotch and the ladies get scared of a fourteen-inch penis.

All joking aside, the neti pot is truly awesome. Just make sure you thoroughly dry your nasal cavities afterward otherwise you risk getting a sinus infection. Here is the neti pot that I finally settled on (no affiliation):

http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/product/neti.html

Sinus rinse

Try a sinus rinse

10 oz water

1 table spoon salt

1 tea spoon hydrogen peroxide

First thing in the morning & last thing at night. = twice a day

Thanks for the replies.

I think i'll give the neti pot a try.

The op seems a bit hit and miss and a last resort.

Thanks for the advice squeet but not too sure i can handle sticking hydrogen peroxide up my nose, thats a bit too hardcore :)

Neti- pot is in many drug stores now and I think Target has them now.....good luck:)

I have a neti-pot...although I actually don't like mine all that well

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner