over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: Steelers vs. Ravens

thenatural3456

Registered
Anyone going?

Any fans here have any thoughts on the game?

should be a great game. i hope pittsburghs offensive line looks better than it did against dallas.

Anyone going?

Any fans here have any thoughts on the game?

I been a Pittsburg Steeler fan since 1970, born and raised in PA. They have a better defense than any team in the leauge, every stat. Yes, the offense, needs to step up, to win. This game is going to make or break, Baltimore, more than Pittsburg. If Baltimore loses, they are done.

GO STEELERS !

should be a great game. i hope pittsburghs offensive line looks better than it did against dallas.

I love em and really hope they can take the ravens, I am amazed at how many steelers fans I meet here in New England , I was in the supermarket last weekend and saw two guys with the yellow hats and jackets. Most are either pats fans or steelers or Giants fans here.

Big Steelers fan here. Born and raised in the burgh and currently about 10-15 minutes from Heinz field (and about a 5 minute walk from Mellon Arena - LETS GO PENS!) because I'm at school in the city. Thinking the Steelers' D is going to come up BIG yet again, and if we get just a little bit better play out of the offense, I think we'll see a good victory for the black and gold!

breaking it down you have to give baltimore the nod in this matchup.

the steelers come into this game ranked first in defense in the league, with a very good secondary that will make you pay if you make bad decisions with the ball, and a defensive end in james harrison who will be going to the pro bowl.

baltimore is no slouch on the defensive end of things either, stacking up well against both the run and the pass. i would say both their secondaries are equal in skill set. baltimore's run defense is amongst the best in the league.

the steelers offense is non- existent. they win games with a smothering defense. their o-line is pourous and doesn't offer rothleisburger alot of protection, and he has a tendancy to hold onto the ball too long in a collapsing pocket which will not bode well for him on sunday, as baltimore is not the kind of team to let you sit in the pocket and pick them apart having several different blitz packages and looks to dial up.

the one thing baltimore does do well is move the ball well on the ground, and this is where i think the game will be won or lost for them- if they can move the ball well enough on the ground to force pittsburgh to stack the box, it may open up the field a bit for flacco. if they can make yardage on the ground, watch for them to keep moving it on the ground- i don't expect flacco to go deep too often with polomalu's ability to anticipate play and jump routes. but if they can force pittsburgh to keep 8 in the box, it may open up the field for p/a.

all in all these are two of the best defensive teams in the NFL and only one of them can move the ball offensively to any extent.

BFU

breaking it down you have to give baltimore the nod in this matchup.

the steelers come into this game ranked first in defense in the league, with a very good secondary that will make you pay if you make bad decisions with the ball, and a defensive end in james harrison who will be going to the pro bowl.

baltimore is no slouch on the defensive end of things either, stacking up well against both the run and the pass. i would say both their secondaries are equal in skill set. baltimore's run defense is amongst the best in the league.

the steelers offense is non- existent. they win games with a smothering defense. their o-line is pourous and doesn't offer rothleisburger alot of protection, and he has a tendancy to hold onto the ball too long in a collapsing pocket which will not bode well for him on sunday, as baltimore is not the kind of team to let you sit in the pocket and pick them apart having several different blitz packages and looks to dial up.

the one thing baltimore does do well is move the ball well on the ground, and this is where i think the game will be won or lost for them- if they can move the ball well enough on the ground to force pittsburgh to stack the box, it may open up the field a bit for flacco. if they can make yardage on the ground, watch for them to keep moving it on the ground- i don't expect flacco to go deep too often with polomalu's ability to anticipate play and jump routes. but if they can force pittsburgh to keep 8 in the box, it may open up the field for p/a.

all in all these are two of the best defensive teams in the NFL and only one of them can move the ball offensively to any extent.

BFU

Well, I don't have to correct you on a few things, To run against Pittsburg, is not smart offensively, ,they, not Baltimore, have the best defense against the running game. no team offensively has over 300 yards against Pittsburg, and they played the best offenses in the league. Even Jimmie Johnson, one of the best coaches ever, said the only way to beat Pittsburg is the passing game. Ben does hold on to the ball too long, however when he connects, his plays are big. He has 2 great recievers. The way they beat Baltimore the first game is by shutting down their running game and outside blitzing. By the way, Ben is ranked one of the best quarterbacks in the league, beating records in his rookie season. But, it is going to be a great game, and the one team that wins is the one who gave it all that day.

Well, I don't have to correct you on a few things, To run against Pittsburg, is not smart offensively, ,they, not Baltimore, have the best defense against the running game. no team offensively has over 300 yards against Pittsburg, and they played the best offenses in the league. Even Jimmie Johnson, one of the best coaches ever, said the only way to beat Pittsburg is the passing game. Ben does hold on to the ball too long, however when he connects, his plays are big. He has 2 great recievers. The way they beat Baltimore the first game is by shutting down their running game and outside blitzing. By the way, Ben is ranked one of the best quarterbacks in the league, beating records in his rookie season. But, it is going to be a great game, and the one team that wins is the one who gave it all that day.

feel free to correct me all you would like my friend. :)

i say baltimore needs to move the ball on the ground because that is their strength. a team like baltimore will not win an air battle against that steeler defense so they have to go with what makes them move the chains despite how well their opponent stacks up defensively. that is why i said they have to win the battle on the ground to win the game. to go to the air with their passing game against that pittsburgh secondary not to mention the way harrison comes off the corners to bring pressure would be potentially catastrophic. moving the ball on the ground will force the steelers to stack up against the run, allowing flacco more ability to find yardage between the sidelines on screens and p/a pass.

unfortunately, rothleisburger's play is not indicative of one of the best qb's in the league this year, ranking statistically in the last half of all starting qb's going into week 15. what he did in his rookie season and what he is doing this year are very much two different things.

pittsburgh wins games on the back of their defense period, having a +6 in turnover/ takeaway ratio. any time your defense can put the ball in the hands of your offense more times than in your opponents' it usually translates into wins down the road.

i doubt rothleisburger will make much headway thru the air with baltimore due to a very strong pass rush that he'll be faced with and a monster patrolling the baltimore secondary by the name of ed reed.

BFU

Last edited:
Wow awesome to see so many steelers fans on here...

I didnt even expect that many...

I still live in Pittsburgh Im a die hard fan...Ill be making the trip to Baltimore This weekend I cant wait!!

im a south hills boy myself.
born n raised minutes from the point(3 rivers)
to be honest, i said yes to the pats, yes to dallas, but i truly dont think we will win against the ravens in baltimore, here then id say its iffy at best.
ray lewis and the crew is gunna tear ben up, possibly end up leaving with an injury, those boys are rutheless. just my opinion.
insider thoughts- 2 friends that are on the team said they dont think theyr beating baltimore. so yea....

frk

damn

I am nervous about this game
but they need a big win

I think the way to beat both of them is in the passing game.....like Manning & the Colts did when they beat both teams. Hard to run against either one....

While I hate to tell you I told you so, but PITTSBURG beats baltimore 13-9.

How many people think that the football broke the plane on that reversed ruling? We almost got into a mini-war over here over it. I think it DEFINITELY broke the plane. Everyone else is saying I'm full of shit but apparently the refs agree with my perception watching the replay.

im glad i was wrong
i thought the TD was a no go tho

The ball doesn't have to break the plane on a pass. If the receiver has both feet in the end zone with possession of the ball it's a touchdown.

Steelers have the Ravens number this year so far. They look like they're gonna be trouble over the next couple of seasons though.

YES !

How many people think that the football broke the plane on that reversed ruling? We almost got into a mini-war over here over it. I think it DEFINITELY broke the plane. Everyone else is saying I'm full of shit but apparently the refs agree with my perception watching the replay.

The ball broke the plane but his feet werent down yet, then when his feet both touched the ball was not quite in the end zone, THAT was the controversy. :rolleyes:

Call me crazy but I saw at that one clutch frame both feet down and the ball and inch or two over that line. The side judge spotted it close but on review, three officials and the booth reversed the call.

It's funny. Before instant replay, we'd have been arguing the call. Now we have instant replay and what do we do? We argue the camera footage! LMAO!!!

It didn't really matter to me other than Polamalu is probably my favorite NFL player but I just didn't want Ward to get too many touches because my rival in fantasy football had Ward.

I didn't think there was enough evidence to over turn the call on the field obviously the refs did...and I was rooting for the Steelers as I can't stand the Ravens or the Colts as both are stolen teams....grew up in MD so that explains my disdain for them.

Well, beings that bar I go to once in a while is full of Raven fanatics
I'm going to hear about this for the next six months........

GO REDSKINS :( :mad:

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner