over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Things to do in Malibu/Santa Monica/Venice or anything nearby

Or...

Another option is to drive to Las Vegas. It's about 280 miles to Vegas. Once you're in the open desert speed limits go up to 75 or maybe 80 mph. You should be able to make the trip in about 3 1/2 hours.

Unless you been before...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or...

Another option is to drive to Las Vegas. It's about 280 miles to Vegas. Once you're in the open desert speed limits go up to 75 or maybe 80 mph. You should be able to make the trip in about 3 1/2 hours.

Unless you been before...

Yes, 7 times. Every Olympia 06-12...some spectating, some working. I appreciate all your info. I definitely want to explore Cali more since I have only driven up from Long Beach Airport on a layover and hit Santa Monica and Venice quickly one afternoon for a few hrs in 2008.

LA and OC what to hit !

If i was you i would go to Huntington Beach on Main Street, they have over 20 Bars with great restaurants and its 30 minutes from LAX and Chicks in Bikinis everywhere . If you are in LA i would go to the Grove out door mall off Beverly if you, and your girl want to see Movie Stars.I would also go to Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive. Its fun to walk around. I have lived all my life in LA, and those are the spots to hit. The problem with Malibu there is nothing to do, no bars or good restaurants for the most part. Venice Beach is a DUMP with dirty homeless people !!!.

Beaver.....

If i was you i would go to Huntington Beach on Main Street, they have over 20 Bars with great restaurants and its 30 minutes from LAX and Chicks in Bikinis everywhere . If you are in LA i would go to the Grove out door mall off Beverly if you, and your girl want to see Movie Stars.I would also go to Beverly Hills Rodeo Drive. Its fun to walk around. I have lived all my life in LA, and those are the spots to hit. The problem with Malibu there is nothing to do, no bars or good restaurants for the most part. Venice Beach is a DUMP with dirty homeless people !!!.

Beaver.....
What is Malibu? Just houses and highway?

Awesome post. Thank you. How long a drive is it from Malibu/Thousand Oaks to Santa Barbara up the 1? I Imagine the speed limit on PCH is 35 or so? Do I need to make it all the way to Santa Barbara or do the majestic views stop short of actually getting there?

If you are going to go to LA, plan on hitting traffic, which can be hit or miss. If it is a hit, plan on spending most of your time stuck doing nothing in the car.

I'd recommend if going into LA or any of the surrounding areas to look up some restaurants to hit up before getting there. There are some fantastic restaurants everywhere. You can look up some of the shows on Food Network, like Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, etc, and check them out.

There are a ton of museums and parks in the LA area. The last time I was at Venice, the parking was horrendous, but maybe they fixed that by now.

You may want to head one day south to the LA area, and then one day north to Santa Barbara.

In thousand oaks, or rather around Pepperdine University, you will also be close to Zuma Beach.

Outside of the restaurants and some of the parks, I can't stand LA. Santa Barbara is an awesome place to check out, and they have some good restaurants as well. There is also a little Dutch town just outside of Santa Barbara called Solvang that is pretty damn cool. You girl might like this place a lot.

I'm more into hanging out in relaxing and chillful areas rather than hecticness of LA....but there are a 1,000 things you can do down in LA....but more site seeing as you go north.

Oh, and if you are going to go south down to Santa Monica from Thousand Oaks, hit the 101 south, then cut over through santa monica. I'd avoid driving through the area into LA during going to work hours like at 8-9am....then getting off hours going out of LA between 4-6pm. In between isn't too bad. That said expect the unexpected in LA...lol.

What is Malibu? Just houses and highway?

Not much to do there, but they have nice beaches, and a lot of rich people get homes there and lose them all the time due to land slides and bad weather...lol. They just keep building there over and over.

Outside of the restaurants and some of the parks, I can't stand LA. Santa Barbara is an awesome place to check out, and they have some good restaurants as well. There is also a little Dutch town just outside of Santa Barbara called Solvang that is pretty damn cool. You girl might like this place a lot...

Neither can I. Outside and surrounding areas. Sure

Depends on your style and what your looking for:

Food

* Firehouse has seen better days, got sold a few years back and isn't what it used to be. Still good, but lost a lot of the BB vibe.

* Sauce - Right behind Firehouse is way better foord, healthier, more quality, better hip vibe. Same price point.

* Rose- South of Firehouse is pretty good also.

* Brickhouse - South of Golds 1 block, great food, laid back, locals

* Quite a few good, hip places on Abbot Kinney, south of golds. That's "the" place to be now, upscale, good crowd, good eats, good dinner places and bars.

* Capo - If your into a great steak house, upscale spendy, try Capo. on Main in SM, south of the pier. THE best steak and dinner we ever had, we try and always hit it up. Romantic, great food, great wine list. Geofferies up in Malibu is more hype than anything.

To do:

Abbot Kinney in Venice, great shopping, hanging out Breakfast, lunch, dinner, art , fashion, fun crowd watching. It's the Rodeo drive, but way hipper and cool crowd.

Venice board walk - Walk the boardwalk and simply watch the crazies. That's entertainment for at least 5 hours there.

3rd Street prominad in SM, great outdoor mall area, more mainstream shops.

Robertson in Beverly Hills - The new shopping area, beats Rodeo and not has better shops, eats, crowd.

SM Art center - The old train station in SM got converted to an art co-op a years back. Has some great artists and can kill a few hour walking it. Near I10/8th street.

I can just sit on a bench in SM/Venice and people watch for hours. Some interesting folks in that town. The wife shops and I just get a coffee and hang out. I can kill a day just doing that.

Gyms:

Golds - Still the Meca.

Golds - West Hollywood, stranger crowd, mix of normal folks and some BB folks, all inshape and one of the best kept clean Golds I have ever been in. Smaller and not as hard core, but still a great gym. We often go here when in town. It's a 15 min. ride from SM/Venice on a good day, 45 on a bad.

Have fun, SM is a great town, enjoy

Maibu is a cool spot, but its not what you would think

The first 10-15 miles are just homes and highway along the coast. Once your up past peperdine, it great real nice, less crowds, deserted beaches, hiking, laid back. We always drive up to the top of Malibu every time we go. Takes a like 2-3 hours up and back from SM. Get a coffee, stop at a seclude beach pull off, walk the beach a bit, pretty low key day. Is an interested view for those not from there.

This is how it seems to be shaking out. Early May 2015....

-Jetblue flight 400ea round trip from FL to CA (fly in Weds/fly out Mon red eye into Tues)

-Wedding Hotel in the Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village (4 nights)
*This is on the other side of the Mountains from Malibu. Looks like a 15-20mile drive through/over the mtns to the coast. Options include:
*PCH to Santa Barbara
*Camarillo Outlets
*Malibu
*Santa Monica
*Venice Beach
*Beverly Hills
*Hollywood
*Manhattan Beach

-Travel down to Laguna Beach to stay most of the day Sunday, Sunday night and all of Monday before catching a red-eye back around 10pm. Looks like Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are within reasonable distances...but honestly, Laguna Beach looks freakin awesome and I almost want to stay longer at that location.

-Car rental throughout this entire trip seems to be about $420 from 1pm Weds to 8pm Monday PM. This is for a convertible. It would be approx $196 for a mis-sized car without sunroof. Dilemma.....worth it?

I am thinking PCH Malibu to Santa Barbara and back one day...
Santa Monica/Venice one day.
Wedding rehearsal Fri Night/Wedding Sat/Possible Sun Brunch(take off for Laguna Beach)
Laguna Beach all Sunday and Monday...red eye home mon PM.

Any input?

This is how it seems to be shaking out. Early May 2015....

-Jetblue flight 400ea round trip from FL to CA (fly in Weds/fly out Mon red eye into Tues)

-Wedding Hotel in the Thousand Oaks/Westlake Village (4 nights)

*This is on the other side of the Mountains from Malibu. Looks like a 15-20mile drive through/over the mtns to the coast. Options include:

*PCH to Santa Barbara

*Camarillo Outlets

*Malibu

*Santa Monica

*Venice Beach

*Beverly Hills

*Hollywood

*Manhattan Beach

-Travel down to Laguna Beach to stay most of the day Sunday, Sunday night and all of Monday before catching a red-eye back around 10pm. Looks like Huntington Beach and Newport Beach are within reasonable distances...but honestly, Laguna Beach looks freakin awesome and I almost want to stay longer at that location.

-Car rental throughout this entire trip seems to be about $420 from 1pm Weds to 8pm Monday PM. This is for a convertible. It would be approx $196 for a mis-sized car without sunroof. Dilemma.....worth it?

I am thinking PCH Malibu to Santa Barbara and back one day...

Santa Monica/Venice one day.

Wedding rehearsal Fri Night/Wedding Sat/Possible Sun Brunch(take off for Laguna Beach)

Laguna Beach all Sunday and Monday...red eye home mon PM.

Any input?

If you find it that you really like one area, stay there. Don't waste your time on traveling to and fro. You'll find you waste a lot of time in the car just trying to get to the place on your itinerary. That said, I think you'll really enjoy the drive up the coast. Since you're from Florida, you'll appreciate the difference in the coastline. Majestic...

As for the convertible rental car, the worth of it would only be for the trip up the coast line with uninhibited view.

If you can, I would suggest one more day/night in Laguna Beach. I took for vacation. The first one early in the year, we jumped around to different hotels. Checking into a hotel and checking out the next day in the area you really like is a bummer.

Last edited:
If you find it that you really like one area, stay there. Don't waste your time on traveling to and fro. You'll find you waste a lot of time in the car just trying to get to the place on your itinerary. That said, I think you'll really enjoy the drive up the coast. Since you're from Florida, you'll appreciate the difference in the coastline. Majestic...

As for the convertible rental car, the worth of it would only be for the trip up the coast line with uninhibited view.

If you can, I would suggest one more day/night in Laguna Beach.

Yea but it's not worth trying to get another rental for the other days.And it will be ready for pick up and drop off at the airport.

I kinda have to stay at the hotel in Thousand Oaks. Santa Monica having hotels at 300 to 400 a night...no thanks. A wedding rate at 150 is cool. Also place in Laguna is 150 too.

Tell me more about Laguna...

Also...what is the deal at Venice Golds? Am I gonna end up paying $30+ for a guest fee and another $30 for a t shirt?!

The PCH drive sounds nice. I'm sure your lady will enjoy it.

Museums always dominate.

With all the hills and views, hiking might be nice for a day. Not BBing directly, but we'll all know it's cardio and we won't tell your girl. :D

One of my friends lives out there and she goes hiking a few times a week. If you like, I can ask her where she goes specifically. From her pictures, it looks like she's on top some pretty big mountains overlooking the city.

The PCH drive sounds nice. I'm sure your lady will enjoy it.

Museums always dominate.

With all the hills and views, hiking might be nice for a day. Not BBing directly, but we'll all know it's cardio and we won't tell your girl. :D

One of my friends lives out there and she goes hiking a few times a week. If you like, I can ask her where she goes specifically. From her pictures, it looks like she's on top some pretty big mountains overlooking the city.
Sure I'd love as much input as possible. Just tell her my plan is West LA and then later on, Laguna Beach.

The rolling hills of California. Like small mountains.

Miss them...

The rolling hills of California. Like small mountains.

Miss them...

Tell me more about Laguna etc! Is the drive from Santa Monica to Laguna not very majestic?

Everyone pretty much listed all there is to do. If youre in Malibu hit up zuma beach. Drive up Santa Monica blvd from Malibu through Hollywood. Pretty epic scene.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws