over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Thinking about moving from South Florida to San Diego

desibaba

Banned
I have lived in south florida (Fort Lauderdale mainly) since I was 17. Im 30 now and my girl is in the med field (she is an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner). Her family is in cali and she thinks it might be a good idea if we move. She wants to go to San Diego. I have visited California once briefly and I liked the weather. The good thing is I can easily transfer within my company without looking for a new job.

How does it compare to South Florida? Lots of 24 hour gyms? Nicer weather Im sure. I work in the car business and the store my company has in Kearny Mesa is busier than the one Im at in ft lauderdale so hopefully I will make a bit more money there. Any advice?

Will you both make enough to buffer the cost of living increase? Research the housing cost compared to what you pay now. Then all your major purchases. Like food, gas, ect. You will enjoy the area better...but not you go down a pay grade.

Will you both make enough to buffer the cost of living increase? Research the housing cost compared to what you pay now. Then all your major purchases. Like food, gas, ect. You will enjoy the area better...but not you go down a pay grade.

I work in the car business and the company pays a bit more in California in terms of commissions. She is in the med field but she will need to look for a new job there. Im assuming her salary should be a bit higher as well.

I have family in both places and have visited.

California will have better weather, hills, better economy and more expensive living. Tough to choose...

You could get a pass to sdsu gym no oness ever in there and its state of the art everything is brand new or worlds gym is in sd and alot of pros train there jjb1 also trains there. Im in hb and my ladys family is in sd and we always are there.

I work in the car business and the company pays a bit more in California in terms of commissions. She is in the med field but she will need to look for a new job there. Im assuming her salary should be a bit higher as well.

Sometimes the salaries in San Diego can actually be lower. I lived there for 4 years and it's called a "sunshine tax". They figure so many want to live there, that there will always be someone who will work for less. Do your homework first.
You want to live West of the 5. It gets hot very quickly the further inland you go.

San Diego has the best weather year around in all of this country. It's a beautiful city that is kept clean with lots of job availability. Gyms are awesome. Food is Great. The housing market is going back up there as well one of the best in the nation. I have lived in Cali for 25 out of my 30 years and visited all over the country. San Diego is top 3 cities in the country in my book.

San Diego has the best weather year around in all of this country. It's a beautiful city that is kept clean with lots of job availability. Gyms are awesome. Food is Great. The housing market is going back up there as well one of the best in the nation. I have lived in Cali for 25 out of my 30 years and visited all over the country. San Diego is top 3 cities in the country in my book.

I agree 100%. Traveled all over the US and San Diego is my favorite city in this country-actually probably all of North America with Vancouver Canada being the only close city but shitty weather. I would move to San Diego in .1 seconds if I could get my wife to leave her family here in TX. Any lowering of overall income vs expense is easily compensated for living in one of the most active, most health conscious place in the US, a tremendous amount of all year round outdoor activities, and probably the most beautiful people anywhere in the US. Do it and you will not be disappointed!!!

I love it there!

San Diego is simply amazing. I would definitely prefer it.

San Diego is simply amazing. I would definitely prefer it.

Im pretty tired of dealing with the assholes here in south florida. Especially when im driving. I wonder how that is over there though.

Im pretty tired of dealing with the assholes here in south florida. Especially when im driving. I wonder how that is over there though.

I lived in South Florida for quite some time and I feel your pain, my man. However, you aint seen nothing till you drive in DC. That shit is unreal.

Cali is drier so the heat may not feel like Flordia does. You know, that stick to you clingy friggin wet heat...I dont miss that.

I am an East Coast person tho so I am looking to move north along the coast. I am near Vegas right now and I cant stand it. I honestly dont know how people tolerate the West.

I have family in both places and have visited.

California will have better weather, hills, better economy and more expensive living. Tough to choose...

lol

Everyone who says that they've "visited" or "traveled", you do realize it is much different when you actually live there. Vacationing somewhere for a week doesn't really give insight and having family live somewhere doesn't either. Allex, California has a higher cost of living and people can make more money, but as a state, it isn't exactly "booming" economically. Being from Brazil I wouldn't expect you to know that though

I'm on the east coast now and I'm wondering the same bout the east coast. ... only crappy thing bout Cali is cost of living

Loved sd. 925 a mo for a 2br apt 30 mi outside the city though

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Everyone who says that they've "visited" or "traveled", you do realize it is much different when you actually live there. Vacationing somewhere for a week doesn't really give insight and having family live somewhere doesn't either. Allex, California has a higher cost of living and people can make more money, but as a state, it isn't exactly "booming" economically. Being from Brazil I wouldn't expect you to know that though

I know South Florida quite well, my sister has lived in Boca for 15 years. I've spent many, many months in the area. More than a whole year combined...

I have friends from Florida living in SoCal now and they all say there's more money there. Know several guys in Richmond too and they love it there.

The cost of living in Socal does suck. What sucks even more is all the restrictive laws here. You can always find loopholes to circumvent them though.

Your girl being a Nurse Practitioner means she should easily pull 80k if not maybe 100k/year. I'm not sure what your salary would be or what your combined salaries are right now. You also have to factor in that a very modest home will cost $500k and to rent a townhouse or condo is about $2k/month. Other costs of living aren't that much worse than other metropolitan areas IME. SD has the best weather on the country and the beaches and surf are awesome.

If you don't own any property in FL and aren't tied down with any obligations to that area then I'd say give SD a chance. Your combined incomes will allow for a comfortable lifestyle.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131