YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T: ***UFC Discussion Thread*** (upcoming fights, updates, breaking news, etc)

176px-UFC_logo.svg.png
On FOX 9​
Pre Fight Press Conference Staredowns !​

5.0_standard_709.0.jpg
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

UFC ON FOX 9: JOHNSON VS BENAVIDEZ 2

FC on FOX 9 Fight Card with MMA Records, Stats and Streaks for All Fighters

Saturday, December 14, 2013 - MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) Event Fight Card

Ultimate Fighting Championship - UFC on Fox 9

UFC on FOX IX: Johnson vs Benavidez II

Location: Sleep Train Arena (formerly ARCO Arena) in Sacramento, California

Broadcast: FOX Network (prelims on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook)

MAIN CARD (12/14/13 - 8:00 pm EST)

{Flyweight Championship}
Demetrious Johnson (18-2-1) vs. Joseph Benavidez (19-3) - Part II

Urijah Faber (29-6) vs. Michael McDonald (16-2)

Nik Lentz (24-5-2) vs. Chad Mendes (15-1)

Mac Danzig (21-11-1) vs. Joe Lauzon (22-9)

UFC PRELIMS LIVE ON FS1 (5:00 pm EST)

Ryan LaFlare (9-0) vs. Court McGee (16-3)

Edson Barboza (12-1) vs. Danny Castillo (16-5)

Bobby Green (21-5) vs. Pat Healy (29-17)

Scott Jorgensen (14-7) vs. Zach Makovsky (16-4)

Cody McKenzie (14-3) vs. Sam Stout (19-9-1)

Roger Bowling (11-4) vs. Abel Trujillo (10-5) - Part II

UFC PRELIM LIVE STREAM ON FACEBOOK (4:30 pm EST)

Alptekin 'Alp' Ozkilic (8-1) vs. Darren Uyenoyama (8-4)

729.png

Free Fight: Johnson vs Benavidez Fight #1 1080p​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAO7v43wIE0]UFC on Fox 9 Free Fight: Johnson vs. Benavidez - YouTube[/ame]
UFC on FOX 9: Main and Co-Main Event Preview​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2MG-oGhpAk&noredirect=1]UFC on FOX 9: Main and Co-Main Preview - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Me personally, I feel he will never come back, this is it. If he does come back, probably he will be in his mid-30's already and that is old or out of his prime for most MMA fighters. Some people feel he is already out of his prime and/or lost the fire/desire to fight.

20130313_pjc_aa5_210.0_standard_709.0.jpg

"I've being fighting for a very long time at a high level. It's a lot of pressure. I've decided I need to take time off. I vacated my title for the respect of other competitors. One day, when I feel like it, I might come back. But right now, I need a break."

Last edited:
***George St. Pierre Full Conference Call***​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUgjX2zGYZc]UFC Georges St-Pierre Conference Call - YouTube[/ame]

***The Curse Of The UFC Poster Finalized !***​
(From left to right in biblical order :eek::D)​
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
***Johny Hendricks vs. Robbie Lawler Announced For Vacant UFC Welterweight Title***​

**broken link removed**
UFCJohnyHendricks.jpg
Earlier Friday, long-time UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre announced that he will be vacating the 170-lb. title. The UFC has wasted no time in setting up the fight for the next bout, as UFC President Dana White announced that Johny Hendricks and Robbie Lawler will be fighting for the vacant title at UFC 171 on March 15 in Dallas, Texas.

“March 15, Dallas, Texas,” Dana White announced, “Johny Hendricks will fight Robbie Lawler for the vacant title.”

Johny Hendricks was the last man to fight St-Pierre, losing a very close split decision to the champion that many fans found controversial. On that same card, Robbie Lawler upset then-number -3-ranked contender Rory MacDonald. For Dana White, those two fights made this decision simple.

“If you look at the rankings,” White said when asked why Lawler got the opportunity over number-2 contender Carlos Condit, “you got Condit and Lawler [to face Hendricks]. Condit just had a shot at the title and a shot at Hendricks… Lawler just beat the guy people wanted to fight Georges St-Pierre.”

White would go on to say that Hendricks vs. Lawler is a fight that is guaranteed to draw fireworks from both men, calling it a “Hagler-Hearns fight,” alluding to what has often been described as the greatest boxing match in history between Marvin Hagler and Thomas Hearns – a strong indication of what the UFC President expects from this welterweight title fight.

White did go on to say that he has something else in mind for Carlos Condit, and he hopes to have that bout finalized by next week. Condit was set to face Matt Brown at UFC on FOX 9 this weekend; but Brown was forced out of the bout with herniated discs in his back. White did not give any hint to Condit’s next opponent, but he did say that it would not be Brown.

As for setting up the welterweight title fight, White said both Hendricks and Lawler were excited to face one another for the title.

“Johny Hendricks went absolutely crazy,” White said, “and Robbie Lawler went as crazy as Robbie Lawler can go.”

UFC 171 will be headlined by a title fight between light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and challenger Glover Teixeira. Robbie Lawler vs. Johny Hendricks will most likely be placed as the card’s co-main event.

Wow I just can't wait for UFC 171! I think that Jon Jones will KO Glover Teixeira even tho that fight will be a great fight. On the other hand Johny Hendricks vs Robbie Lawler will be an all out war!!! I think both these guys have world class striking, but Hendricks will have an advantage when it comes to the wrestling aspect. I don't know who will come out on top and take the belt home. I am sure that this fight will be just crazy awesome for us hardcore MMA fans and casual fans. :headbang:

176px-UFC_logo.svg.png
On FOX 9​
Weigh-Ins Staredowns !​

johnson-benavidez.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Faber-McDonald.jpg

Lentz-Mendes.jpg

UFC On FOX 9 Full Weigh-Ins​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F0gsbjaV2M]UFC on FOX 9: Official Weigh-In - YouTube[/ame]

176px-UFC_logo.svg.png
168​
**** 10 DAYS AWAY ****​
UFC 168: Extended Preview​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnsA9-StMtI]UFC 168 on PPV: Extended Preview - YouTube[/ame]
Cain, Dos Santos, Cormier, Melendez, etc predicts Silva vs Weidman 2​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWTDAHKReOc]UFC 168: Main Event Predictions - UFYouTube[/ame]
UFC 168 Rousey vs Tate Preview​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxIU8VUq_tM]UFC 168: Rousey vs Tate Preview - YouTube[/ame]
Free Fight: Weidman vs Silva Fight #1 1080p​
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4Zivz9ssF4]UFC 168 Free Fight: Weidman vs. Silva I - YouTube[/ame]

Bigfoot Silva Fails Drug Test, 9 Month Suspension, Forfeits $50,000​

454068515.0_standard_709.0.jpg

"Silva is on a medically approved regimen of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), and had been in compliance with therapeutic guidelines on all pre-fight tests performed prior to the event. The results of his test on the day of the event indicated a level of testosterone outside of allowable limit. Silva has been informed that the elevated testosterone level is a violation of the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy and his Promotional Agreement with Zuffa."

Bigfoot's response.

Antonio Silva tested positive for elevated levels of testosterone following his five-round war with Mark Hunt at UFC Fight Night 33, but he feels he’s not at fault.

One day after UFC announced that Silva will be suspended for nine months and will have to forfeit his Fight of the Night bonus, the Brazilian spoke to MMAFighting.com about the case. "Bigfoot" believes he’s not guilty, and he plans to sue Dr. Marcio Tannure for his post-fight drug test result.

Silva received a testosterone replacement therapy therapeutic use exemption for his fight in Australia, and Dr. Tannure, who is also the medical director of Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) and runs all the medical situations during UFC events in the country, including drug tests, was the one responsible for his pre-fight exams.

"I just did what they told me to do," Silva told MMAFighting.com. "I’d never do something different that what the doctor told me to. I looked for a doctor with a good reputation, and he’s the UFC’s doctor in Brazil. I knew I’d be tested before and after the fight. Unfortunately, now I have to find the legal ways to overturn this situation or at least prove I’m not guilty."

According to a post on Silva’s official Facebook page, Dr. Tannure sent him an e-mail on Nov. 30 saying that his "levels are still low" and he should "start taking one shot per week" to see how it would be "on the next test." However, Silva's fight was a week after that day.

"I took a shot at the same day he sent me that e-mail, and he asked me if I had another one to take with me to Australia, to take on fight week," he said. "He authorized everything. I did exactly as I was informed to do.

"You go get help with a doctor, you do the right thing, and now this story tarnishes my professional career," he continued. "It tarnishes the great fight I did with Mark Hunt, and gave me a huge financial loss. The doctor knows that I cut weight, he knows how the body of a MMA fighter reacts. He should know at what level I would be with one shot. I felt like a lab rat. I did everything I was told to do and now I’m the cheater."

Multiple attempts were made to reach Dr. Tannure to get his comments, but they were unsuccessful.

Silva plans to sue Dr. Tannure, but first he will redo all his pre-fight routines to show how his exams should have looked like.

"I’ll take the exact dosage I took, the exact timetable, and will get a doctor here in the U.S. and a doctor in Brazil to show to the fans that this is horrible for my career and the sport," he said. "I want to prove that it was not my fault. When I have all the exams from both doctors, I want to sue (Dr. Tannure) for the moral and financial prejudice that he has caused me."

Silva will have shoulder surgery and plans to start rehab "as soon as possible," but he doesn’t know yet if he’ll continue using TRT for his next UFC fights.

"It’s up to the UFC, I don’t know what’s going to happen," he said. "If they allow me to, I want to continue, but now with a doctor that won’t give me any problems. I want to continue the treatment because it’s good for my personal life and my career as well. If you know what acromegaly is, you know what I have. My hormonal levels are not normal, my testosterone is too low, and I want to be on normal levels.

"I thought about a thousand things since this all happened," he continued. "I considered leaving the sport because of these unfair things, but I don’t give up that easily. I have to show that it was not my fault."

UFC Rafael Natal suffers huge cut in Training. WTF?!​
sapo.jpg
Apparently, UFC middleweight, Rafael Natal, suffered a cut on his right eyebrow during a sparring session. According to the fighter, he took a knee to the face in a routine sparring session. No biggie ...

Last edited:

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner