over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T what gas grill

comedycentral

Registered
Anyone have any recommendations for a decent high heat gas grill for no more than around $700 dollars max.

ive got a charmglow...its got five burners and the thermometer goes to 800 degrees farenheit...turn all burners on high and the thermometer is pegged.
works for me.
somthing you might want to look into whatever brand/model you get,
i bought a conversion kit for mine so i can run it off of natural gas.that way there is no annoying trips to get a propane tank filled.

I have always bought Webers. Great grills and will outlast most grills in the same price range. I will second the Big Green Egg. Although it is lump charcoal, that minor inconvenience is well worth it. It smokes, bakes, and grills anywhere from 200°f to 1100°f. Nothing like cooking 8 whole chickens at once!

I have always bought Webers. Great grills and will outlast most grills in the same price range. I will second the Big Green Egg. Although it is lump charcoal, that minor inconvenience is well worth it. It smokes, bakes, and grills anywhere from 200°f to 1100°f. Nothing like cooking 8 whole chickens at once!

you look like you eat 8 whole chickens at once.
mean that as a compliment.

Last edited:
I picked up a Brink-man 6 burner stainless steel grill at home dept for about 400.00 but if you want to spend as much as 700 you could get a pretty sweet weber grill.

If you're on the east coast you may be able to find a dealer for Wilmington Grill.

Stainless Steel Grills - Wilmington Grill Company

Super high quality, gets HOT, I love mine.

Fire Magic and DCS make great grills as well. I've heard mixed reviews about Viking and IMO they tend to be overpriced because of brand image. If you want to drop a little more look at Lynx, some of the nicest grills around IMHO.

These are all in another league though. Definitely a step above a Weber, Char-Broil or similar brands that can be purchased at Home Depot, etc.

I'm gonna pick up a huntington. Great reviews and its actually a rebrand of another more expensive brand (broil king). Must be really be good cause they are on back order for most their models here. On about.com the huntington/broil king brand has a few models in the top ten for grills from$250 to $500. The one I'm getting is $375 from lowes and the same grill sells for $650 in the UK.

why go gas? I've got both actually, a 4 burner kithenaid that gets to about 750*, but my pride and joy is my Traeger smoking grill, these things are fucking sweet. They're all electric, plus has a wood pellet feeder on the side, that feeds any pellets of your choice in for smoking, set on your timer. Plus with it being electric, you set the temp you want, and it will hold a +- 10* of that, I think the hottest mine goes is to bout 450 however. But smoked tri-tip roast, or a couple racks of smoked ribs, smoked chicken wings, I tell ya what, try one and you'll never look back!

in-line gas grill. Never have to worry about changing a propane tank ever again.

Weber are good but a bit overpriced IMO. Stay away from the Char-Broil TRU-Infrared grills as those are complete POS.

I have never shopped for gas grills but Holy shit $700 is a lot money!

How mixup of a difference is there between a $300-400 one and a $700 one?

I bulk cook all my stuff in the oven and still in college so I dont own shit lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I have never shopped for gas grills but Holy shit $700 is a lot money!

How mixup of a difference is there between a $300-400 one and a $700 one?

I bulk cook all my stuff in the oven and still in college so I dont own shit lol

It's all relative. My grill budget was 3 times that. Just like most things you get what you pay for. Usually just higher quality materials, better fit and finish, hotter/better temp controls, etc

Buy depending on what you can afford and how important it is to you. I grill at minimum once a week and enjoy cooking outside so I didn't mind spending more.

Purchase a SMALL one if you are going to use it a lot, they heat up quicker and cook with less total gas used. It should be just big enough for the amount of meat you usually cook at one time. I have a large grill and I HATE how much gas it uses.

I love to grill/smoke meat, and I have Char Griller Outlaw with the side smokebox...also have the Weber Performer which is coal with a propane starter. I'll cook just about all my week's worth of meat on Sunday...warm in the micro...and it tastes like it just came off the grill.

I know you prefer to cook on gas, I'm sure it is all based on ease of startup etc. Once you find something here by suggestion or your own research...see if you can find it on CraigsList. I found my Performer ($300.00) for $125.00 on Craigs...new in the box, plus the guy brought it to my home.

Do you guys clean it after each use? Or just scrape off the meat off the grill?

I hate cleaning my dad's grill after I use it because of how time consuming it is.

Oh yeah and gas is awesome but it runs out very quickly and its a bit annoying.

Last edited:
Purchase a SMALL one if you are going to use it a lot, they heat up quicker and cook with less total gas used. It should be just big enough for the amount of meat you usually cook at one time. I have a large grill and I HATE how much gas it uses.

This is something to consider for sure. I love my larger grill because when I grill my meat for the weeks I am cooking 10-12 chicken breasts and 6-8 burgers or something similar. Also great if you like to entertain. My last one was smaller and I ended up cooking stuff in batches which got old quick.

Do you guys clean it after each use? Or just scrape off the meat off the grill?

I hate cleaning my dad's grill after I use it because of how time consuming it is.

Oh yeah and gas is awesome but it runs out very quickly and its a bit annoying.

Clean the grate after each use. I clean the drip tray once a month or so. One thing to make cleaning easier is to oil the grate before grilling, this will also prevent food from sticking to it. I personally use lard because it's super cheap and highly stable at high temperatures. If you are going to have a natural gas line run, buy two propane tanks, that way if you ever run out, just switch them so you don't have to make a run to the store mid dinner.

I like my Char Griller. Have both charcoal version with side smoker, and the gas version, which has a stove-type burner on the side.

If you can get the smoker/grill combo even if you have to go smaller. Actually unless you are cooking for show (parties) get the most basic one you can. Most grills are like cars they have a lot of shine but not much under the hood or in the engineering.

Also if you can get the natural gas conversion (just an orifice kit easily installed) and run a gas stub off your current plumbing. It sounds way more complicated than it is. I used to work for a natural gas company and it's the way to go instead of containers.

Staff online

• Bio
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
BL
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner