advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T What would you say to your future son or daughter?

Whey2Heavy

Registered
Thought this might be an interesting thread for this particular forum. In the future, if your son/daughter were to come up to you and say that they wanted to become a preofessional bodybuilder, what would you say? What would you do? What if they asked you about drug use...?

My son is 20 and has asked about steroid use a few times.

I showed him PM and told him "read this forum everyday for 6 months and then decide". He couldn't get pass the ball shrinking stuff that's normal to us and decided not to, at least for now.

I also told him that he'd never feel the same after his first real cycle, which was true for me.

But he never had any dreams of becoming a bodybuilder or stepping onstage.

My son is 20 and has asked about steroid use a few times.

I showed him PM and told him "read this forum everyday for 6 months and then decide". He couldn't get pass the ball shrinking stuff that's normal to us and decided not to, at least for now.

I also told him that he'd never feel the same after his first real cycle, which was true for me.

But he never had any dreams of becoming a bodybuilder or stepping onstage.
Good advice, I can't even explain how glad I am that this is the first steroid forum that I ever came across... What would have happened if I found GH15 or Bostin Loyd's youtube videos first? I don't post much, but that's because I do much more reading here than asking just because there is already a goldmine of information to sift through. I'm only 25 TBH, and this forum has saved me from making MANY mistakes that may have shortened or otherwise negatively impacted my life.

Do as I say, not as I do! Your life is Extremely important to me! I'm only on HRT so my money is where my mouth is!

You can if you like but I want you to hire you a coach and let you work under one for a few years and then you can decide for yourself.

Also keep in mind what you want to become in life. If you want to be a investor banker and work 100hrs a week and not willing to say no to the free junk food then this will be super difficult for you.

My 23 yo is a Personal Trainer. We agreed that when he is 25 he is gonna use. He toys with the idea of going pro. If he tries to go pro I will support him and if he doesn't I will be happy. I want him to be safe.

No one should "want to be a pro bodybuilder" it doesn't work like that. If you go into the gym and blow up like a nickel balloon just from looking a weight, and if you have crazy perfect structure, and are a complete and total nerd (required), then you could think about competing someday in half a decade or so. By the time you step on stage, you should know if MAYBE you have a chance at the national level.

AND, all of this has to be just HOBBY.

There is not "I want to be an astronaut" crap, those are lies society tells kids. You don't "become something" you simply are what you are. Jobs don't define us. College is a scam. What you "do" in life is be yourself, nothing more.

Also, remember the biggest factor isn't just your response to gear, but your tolerance to gear, there is no way to predict this.

FINALLY, remember this, most pros are just bodybuilder hobbyists, you need a real life outside bodybuilding. Only a tinny, tinny handful of pros are actually making a living at it.

Last edited:
My 23 yo is a Personal Trainer. We agreed that when he is 25 he is gonna use. He toys with the idea of going pro. If he tries to go pro I will support him and if he doesn't I will be happy. I want him to be safe.

to achieve something in this sport, starting AAS at 25 is much too late

"Sorry bro, you don't got the genetics"
:cool:

Tell him: your looking for fame and money then look elsewhere. No one gives a crap about Mr. olympia lol. It's a joke compared to basketball, soccer, football. Other "pro sports"

Have Ronaldo or Kobe walk around somewhere and everyone will flock to him. Have Phil heath walk by and no one will give a crap lol. Some soccer players make 300k dollars a week! How much is the olympia prize money?! Not even worth mentioning.

The reason I say this is because a lot of young guys think Pro bodybuilder/Olympia = rich and famous but nothing could be farther from the truth

I would say son,... there is more to life than the size of your biceps...

dont forget about your triceps..

IF i ever have a son or daughter, (doubtful) I will encourage fitness as I think it teaches you some amazing life lessons (this bodybuilding lifestylE).

But I will definitely make sure they stay away from the drug lifestyle.

I have a little one that's only 3 and he exercises with me when I lift at home. He loves it and even sneaks drinks out of my shakes. I encourage fitness but bodybuilding I wouldn't. To much strain on your body and mind. Some people are made to deal with it but I personally wouldn't want my son to do it.

With that said, if he choose to do it I would explain the risks then support him 100% because it's his life and his choice

Since I have a daughter not son - I would first ask her where I went wrong and then seek out a really good therapist... :D

Too late? Say what:confused:

IronMan - you know these kids today think you need to start before your balls drop!!! Puberty = need juice!! :banghead:

I didn't touch anything until 22 but wish I had waited until later

to achieve something in this sport, starting AAS at 25 is much too late

Between me and you I'm not too fond of him doing pro bodybuilding. Way too much drugs. I prefer he does the physique comp. To me starting AAS before 25 would mess up your Endocrine system. I could be wrong though. Heck I started at 39.

Last edited:
I think education is the big key. U never wanna see ur kids risk their health, but it's hard to criticize if ur doing the same thing. If they're want to, they will. Just be there to help them through it

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear