over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T Which job should I take?

GoneForever

Banned
So its down to 3 positions now.

1.) Personal trainer at Fitness19

2.) Sports Nutrition Consultant(have interview next week, have no idea what this is)

3.) Work at GNC and get promoted to store manager which would be easy with my knowledge and backround.

What you guys think?

i would take a job thinking of the future and growing stability

which looks like none of these:eek:

I'm not sure what your life experience is like but as an older, career established person I would suggest you look at all your options here. What are the benefits? Which one will give you health insurance? Is there a 401K program involved in any of these? How much will the employer match? What about sick/vacation days? In todays economy you really need to examine these factors when job hunting. Management is nice but does have some serious drawbacks, in some instances you become salary not hourly and they work your ass so you end up earning next to nothing. Its a tough job market so do your research and choose wisely. Best of luck in your career search.

GNC

I worked at GNC as an assissant manager. You will learn your products in and out. Here is a cool trick if you work at GNC. Whenever someone returns something you are suppose to throw it away. Thats right if I would buy a 2lbs jug of protein and I did not like the flavor and return to GNC you are suppose to throw it away. Don't do it too often but every now and then instead of throwing it away get yourself some free supplements hahaha. Only if a reliable person you know brings it back.

I'm not sure what your life experience is like but as an older, career established person I would suggest you look at all your options here. What are the benefits? Which one will give you health insurance? Is there a 401K program involved in any of these? How much will the employer match? What about sick/vacation days? In todays economy you really need to examine these factors when job hunting. Management is nice but does have some serious drawbacks, in some instances you become salary not hourly and they work your ass so you end up earning next to nothing. Its a tough job market so do your research and choose wisely. Best of luck in your career search.

excellent advice.

very true

Best thing you can do for yourself, if and when you're able to, is to start your own business. Even if you start off small or part time. Otherwise, you're just selling time for money and you never get paid what your time is truly worth to you.

I read where 95% of Americans are employees or self employed and only have 5% of the wealth. Only 5% of Americans are business owners and investors but they control 95% of the wealth.

The truth is I dont wanna do shit. I just wanna train and tan all day. But I know thats not reality, esp since the wife decided to just be a regular RN intstead of an anesthesiologist LOL but I gotta do something. Im 26 and just been fucking around all these years. TO the GNC guys, what potential can be made there? The wife and I are very content with small home, normal car, and no kids, so I just wanna dish out around 50k per year, sure i'd like more, but to be honest im very lazy :)

just work at GNC, its steady hours, reliable income (by relaible i mean yoiu know what you make make every week), and it will work well on a future job application. plus is easy job and you dont have to sweat.

I say WORK AT GNC, think of the money you'll save on supps! Plus you get to know how well the market is doing on certain supps and maybe open up your own shop one day!

i was assistant manager at gnc and loved it, but my manager was cool as hell. lots of discounted supps-one time i got $280 worth of isomass for $40. always had isopure bc it is so expensive not many people buy it so it gets close to its exp. date and that means 50 to 75 and sometimes 90% off plus ur regular 30%. it is the easiest job ever and all your enegy and focus could be spent in the gym. district managers can make up to 50k, i would say that it would take you 3 to 5 years to get there. its easy to make manager and you can pull up to 30k and probably could get there in a year... but who knows for sure.

the job does get boring but i didnt mind...lots of reading time.

Cool. Whats hourly pay? I think its pretty bad right, like $8 per hour, but with commison I hear you do pretty well. Hopefully the store I get hired at is a big business store. I'd hate to be stuck maxing out at like $11 per hour.

Cool. Whats hourly pay? I think its pretty bad right, like $8 per hour, but with commison I hear you do pretty well. Hopefully the store I get hired at is a big business store. I'd hate to be stuck maxing out at like $11 per hour.

Isn't $11.00 an hour better then $0.00 an hour? bahahahaha j/k bro.

(do we get the family discount???) lol

with commission i would say $11 an hour on average would be about right, and u will get less than 36 hrs a week. shitty pay, cheap supps, easy job, and a chance you might move up...thats what u get.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Pdx236
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws