over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Oats as my main carb source.

gomit

Registered
Well im sure like most of you with financial issues i'm on a pretty tight budget. That being said i'm trying my hardest to follow the mountain dog diet with grass fed beef organic free range eggs, free range chicken and various other game red meats(luckly i get lots of elk straight from the source as my uncle kills about 3 of them a year)
That being said the protiens and the organic veggies/fruit really eat up most of my budget.. so in the last month i have been eating organic steal cut and old fashion oats as my main and pretty much exclusive carb source(also use tn's swedish oat starch in my shakes, the mg muslcepowder which i belive is the same)

So what i'm wondering is am i possibly loosing out on gains or short changing myself by doing this, it is extreamly convienent as i don't cook the oats just toss them in some organic whole milk and eat them like cereal. Any input would be great just trying to maximize my gains as well as being as cost efficient as possible.

Well im sure like most of you with financial issues i'm on a pretty tight budget. That being said i'm trying my hardest to follow the mountain dog diet with grass fed beef organic free range eggs, free range chicken and various other game red meats(luckly i get lots of elk straight from the source as my uncle kills about 3 of them a year)
That being said the protiens and the organic veggies/fruit really eat up most of my budget.. so in the last month i have been eating organic steal cut and old fashion oats as my main and pretty much exclusive carb source(also use tn's swedish oat starch in my shakes, the mg muslcepowder which i belive is the same)

So what i'm wondering is am i possibly loosing out on gains or short changing myself by doing this, it is extreamly convienent as i don't cook the oats just toss them in some organic whole milk and eat them like cereal. Any input would be great just trying to maximize my gains as well as being as cost efficient as possible.

What makes you think that you might be short changing yourself?

anyone will bloat like a mother fucker with all that gluten in there diet..whether your allergic to it or not... eat white rice for some of your meals, if your short on cash

What makes you think that you might be short changing yourself?

Iv'e just read alot of JM and Kayldrens articles and ive noticed they change there cab sources alot (idk if thats just for sanity reasons) I've also heard people mention oats are more a "wet" carb im not sure how much of that is real or just bullshit, if i can get by doing this i would love it as it really is cost effective and very convenient time wise(as well as easy to bring with work)

Why would your results be any less with oats?

I personally just switched to cream of rice and like it a lot more...way less bloating for me personally.

And I'm 100% positive that a giant bag of jasmine rice is less expensive than organic steel cut oats if you are trying to watch your budget.

I personally just switched to cream of rice and like it a lot more...way less bloating for me personally.

And I'm 100% positive that a giant bag of jasmine rice is less expensive than organic steel cut oats if you are trying to watch your budget.

For organic they are bout the same in price(at least where i am in boulder colorado) the only difference is having to cook them(not that i'm lazy i could cook up a big tub of rice with my meat) but thats why i made this thread in the first place was to get peoples opinions who know much more than me.

what about sweet potato powder?

Ive never heard of sweet potato powder? Just sweat potatoes i assumed its just a ground up version of sweat potatoes without the skin? It would be nice to not be so bloated but at the same time i won't be competing any time soon and if the bloat isnt actually hurting my health i don't care that much until it matters. The main point is i'm trying be as healthy as possible to recover from my years of addaral and cocaine abuse (im guessing i took a few years of my heart with this combo) So that if i ever do decide to blast or cycle again i can be as health as possible in the other regions of my health.

I would eat sweet potatoes & red potatoes & bananas over ANY grains at all.

I would eat sweet potatoes & red potatoes & bananas over ANY grains at all.

I'm in complete agreement!

Potato varieties, banana's, and basmati white rice are my normal go to carbs for when I'm not in contest prep. Minimal bloat when eating those, but I must say, I do enjoy Ezekiel products quite a bit too (they don't seem to bloat me at all)

Rice is probably the most benign, easiest to digest, cheapest source of starch I can think off. When i go low carb I may put in more oats since they're more filling but rice would be my go-to

Rice for me, or fruit. I can't do oats at all because of the bloat...and they seem to cause some overall inflammation for me.

Is there a specific kind of rice that would be a better substitute i.e basmati, white, jasmine , etc...?

anyone will bloat like a mother fucker with all that gluten in there diet..whether your allergic to it or not... eat white rice for some of your meals, if your short on cash

There is NO gluten in oats. Gluten is a wheat protein, therefore only wheat or things made with wheat will contain gluten.

There is NO gluten in oats. Gluten is a wheat protein, therefore only wheat or things made with wheat will contain gluten.

Oats however still cause alot of issues for people who have celiacs or just a gluten.wheat intolerance for a number of reasons. Please see below.

I myself cant eat any form of oats

**broken link removed**

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner