over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Obvious Diet Post

slesh

Registered
Lol I hope I articulate this properly. So like the title says this is will be an obvious post to a lot of y’all but something that’s basically taken me 20 years of this lifestyle to figure out. It’s truly sad that’s it’s taken me that long to learn about a proper diet and also to adopt one.

When I first got into fitness I just thought I could eat McDonalds and the training and gear would take care of the rest. Lol anddddd not the case at all especially being a endomorph. Then I learned more about macros so I started working on the balance of my caloric intake. I was still so far off from my goals because yes my my breakdown was good but the quality and type of food I was eating was total garbage. For example if I wanted to get in 50 grams of protein, 30 grams of carbs and 10 grams of fat I somehow rationalized that a 6inch sub from Subway would be fine. I didn’t know about processed carbs or processed meats. Once I learned that lesson I still wasn’t fully there. I still spent another few years in that in between phase where I would rationalize that Udi’s bread was ok because it was gluten free or that for example chicken sausage was an ok source of protein. And again still not reaching any real type of potential I saw for myself.

It wasn’t until this last year that I decided to really go balls to the wall and make the commitment to my diet. So 6.5 days a week I eat nothing processed. It’s just clean meat, rice, potatoes, greens and shakes with some fruit sprinkled in. What I’ve discovered goes beyond just losing weight. It’s the inflammation and bloating that’s gone. I remember a time when I wouldn’t go to a pool of beach event if I ate any food before because I would hate taking my shirt off after a meal. Now I can eat a cup of white rice and chicken and still have abs immediately after. Again, probably obvious to a lot of you but experiencing it for the first time is both shocking and amazing.

This post prob feels like I’m patting myself on the back (which I am a little lol) but it’s also to any of y’all out there in that in between phase with your diets; not eating McDonald’s but still eating foods that are easily rationalized as “healthy” but are actually destroying your physique. Make the commitment! I promise you it’s so worth it. Also happy to share some meal ideas and things like that…

Great entry bro, there is nothing worse than rationalizing our stupid acts, mistakes and faulty thought processes. And it is a war that we must be aware of, our body and brain will seek a way to deceive us and fail.

I like to call it nutritional maturity. We've all been there, hey, it's all calories in vs calories out, right? Well, kinda and kinda fuckin not...

Eventually you learn what foods work for you - shit, there may even be processed shit you drop in there that you enjoy that agrees with you, still - but when you're to the point of eating mostly whole, *mostly* unprocessed foods, your body reflects such a thing

Unless you're just one of those fuckers that can eat anything and look incredible. In that case, fuck off. I think many of us like to stretch our dietary boundaries to see what we can get away with to keep eating our asses off. Is that a bad relationship with food? Fuck yes it is.

@slesh I almost find it hard to believe you're a natural endo

Great post. Most of us can not eat processed shit and look our best. I would say most of us can not eat that stuff and stay as healthy as we would like either. You add those PEDs into the mix and as you have seen for yourself, you just wont look as good as you thought you would. I have been there myself. "A calorie is a calorie." is something I still hear to this day and all I can say is "Maybe for you it is." but for me it most certainly isn't.

Lol I hope I articulate this properly. So like the title says this is will be an obvious post to a lot of y’all but something that’s basically taken me 20 years of this lifestyle to figure out. It’s truly sad that’s it’s taken me that long to learn about a proper diet and also to adopt one.

When I first got into fitness I just thought I could eat McDonalds and the training and gear would take care of the rest. Lol anddddd not the case at all especially being a endomorph. Then I learned more about macros so I started working on the balance of my caloric intake. I was still so far off from my goals because yes my my breakdown was good but the quality and type of food I was eating was total garbage. For example if I wanted to get in 50 grams of protein, 30 grams of carbs and 10 grams of fat I somehow rationalized that a 6inch sub from Subway would be fine. I didn’t know about processed carbs or processed meats. Once I learned that lesson I still wasn’t fully there. I still spent another few years in that in between phase where I would rationalize that Udi’s bread was ok because it was gluten free or that for example chicken sausage was an ok source of protein. And again still not reaching any real type of potential I saw for myself.

It wasn’t until this last year that I decided to really go balls to the wall and make the commitment to my diet. So 6.5 days a week I eat nothing processed. It’s just clean meat, rice, potatoes, greens and shakes with some fruit sprinkled in. What I’ve discovered goes beyond just losing weight. It’s the inflammation and bloating that’s gone. I remember a time when I wouldn’t go to a pool of beach event if I ate any food before because I would hate taking my shirt off after a meal. Now I can eat a cup of white rice and chicken and still have abs immediately after. Again, probably obvious to a lot of you but experiencing it for the first time is both shocking and amazing.

This post prob feels like I’m patting myself on the back (which I am a little lol) but it’s also to any of y’all out there in that in between phase with your diets; not eating McDonald’s but still eating foods that are easily rationalized as “healthy” but are actually destroying your physique. Make the commitment! I promise you it’s so worth it. Also happy to share some meal ideas and things like that…

I like to call it nutritional maturity. We've all been there, hey, it's all calories in vs calories out, right? Well, kinda and kinda fuckin not...

Eventually you learn what foods work for you - shit, there may even be processed shit you drop in there that you enjoy that agrees with you, still - but when you're to the point of eating mostly whole, *mostly* unprocessed foods, your body reflects such a thing

Unless you're just one of those fuckers that can eat anything and look incredible. In that case, fuck off. I think many of us like to stretch our dietary boundaries to see what we can get away with to keep eating our asses off. Is that a bad relationship with food? Fuck yes it is.

@slesh I almost find it hard to believe you're a natural endo
Well said and lol oh yeahhh I am. I don’t have many pics on my phone from back in the day as they mostly pre date cell phone cameras. But just look at this fat face. And this is before gear so it’s not a result of Test bloat. I’ll send more next time I’m at my parents lol. I’m so far removed from that phase of my life it doesn’t really embarrass me anymore. F19DBE46-FDD8-4FCD-864E-8B4C843AEC7C.jpeg 922BF979-87C4-4C44-B304-C3EC3FBDB1C6.jpeg

Great post. Most of us can not eat processed shit and look our best. I would say most of us can not eat that stuff and stay as healthy as we would like either. You add those PEDs into the mix and as you have seen for yourself, you just wont look as good as you thought you would. I have been there myself. "A calorie is a calorie." is something I still hear to this day and all I can say is "Maybe for you it is." but for me it most certainly isn't.
Yup, that calorie is a calorie thought process is such bullshit to me. I dated a girl a few years ago who is a trainer and coach for competitions. She told me she would let clients eat ice cream pre contest if it fit into their day’s overall caloric intake goals. I said “bitch you’re crazy. Either your clients are natural mesomorphs and could eat whatever no matter what or you’re just a shit coach.”

Then why do you think there are advanced coaches programming in a burger/fries before bedtime (Shelby) or a big bowl of ice cream with junk toppings?

Suuuuuper fucking shredded clients

lol you just posted on that topic as I posted. I think you wouldn’t be calling Shelby a shit coach? He’s got clients that junk load every night and they are super fucking shredded. I don’t think it’s the norm for him but it happens. How do you explain it if according to you we all need to eat clean all the time?

lol you just posted on that topic as I posted. I think you wouldn’t be calling Shelby a shit coach? He’s got clients that junk load every night and they are super fucking shredded. I don’t think it’s the norm for him but it happens. How do you explain it if according to you we all need to eat clean all the time?
Dude I have no clue. Like I said above IMO these guys are outliers. They’re the type of true mesomorphs who have legit six packs and don’t workout. Like dude’s in Ancient Rome that were born to swing an axe in the Collesium. Just my opinions and observations. I have no science to back up what I’m saying lol. But I have no clue how you can eat all that junk especially before bed and still be shredded unless you’re talking about a once a week cheat meal. But to do that daily and be comp ready is just insane to me and I’m incredibly jealous cause not in a million years could I do it.

It’s nuts he’s definitely one of the best in the game especially as far as his female athletes go. I don’t truly understand the science behind that and please anyone correct me if I’m wrong is it maybe to stall metabolism? Most of the women he post have amazing pro genetics from what I see. When I’m dieting hard say PSMF I’ll load up on burger fries whatever I want for a 4 hour window once a week wake up looking freaky and feel great and by wed-Thursday just kinda die down and wait till that Saturday again lol

Dude I have no clue. Like I said above IMO these guys are outliers. They’re the type of true mesomorphs who have legit six packs and don’t workout. Like dude’s in Ancient Rome that were born to swing an axe in the Collesium. Just my opinions and observations. I have no science to back up what I’m saying lol. But I have no clue how you can eat all that junk especially before bed and still be shredded unless you’re talking about a once a week cheat meal. But to do that daily and be comp ready is just insane to me and I’m incredibly jealous cause not in a million years could I do it.
I agree with you that those people are outliers. I would consider myself one. I have terrible genetics for gaining muscle and not great structure, but I can get peeled eating tons of calories. I prefer dieting to gaining as it means I get to eat less food, but I have to include a nearly daily junk meal or the weight starts falling off so fast I lose muscle too

I agree with you that those people are outliers. I would consider myself one. I have terrible genetics for gaining muscle and not great structure, but I can get peeled eating tons of calories. I prefer dieting to gaining as it means I get to eat less food, but I have to include a nearly daily junk meal or the weight starts falling off so fast I lose muscle too
For instance the wife and I recently went to Vegas for a week. I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. Usually two large meals and a couple snacks and lots of drinks. We hit buffets, tacos el gordo, momofuku, tou name it. We got home and my wife gained 3 pounds and I had lost 7 because I wasn’t MAKING myself eat

Loading for a show? Loading during a weekend after a calorie restricted week? Or just junk loading every night?

Those are 3 very different things. I eat clean 6 days a week as a general rule but saturday is a shitload day. If I am really depleted I will do it for 2 days. I still get leaner doing this.

If I did this everyday I would be fat as fuck. I could see being in a calorie deficit for a long time and shitloading for days and coming in peeled. But that wouldnt be every night.

I hate you. Lol jk. But seriously I’m jealous.

For instance the wife and I recently went to Vegas for a week. I ate whatever I wanted when I wanted. Usually two large meals and a couple snacks and lots of drinks. We hit buffets, tacos el gordo, momofuku, tou name it. We got home and my wife gained 3 pounds and I had lost 7 because I wasn’t MAKING myself eat
Anddddd I hate you even more. I took my ol lady to Mexico in February. I didn’t even eat like shit, just slightly off my diet and I looked like poo. We went back again in May, this time I ate clean as fuck and did morning cardio, shredded all day. I guess for me this is just the way it is for better or worse…

Everything goes full circle. I started reading the magazines decades ago. And read what people said they ate and thought it was true. So from the first day i stepped in the gym i had all my meals planned, prepped and in their containers. And did that for the next 30+ years. Now after seeing podcasts and the such i see that most never ate clean year round. I eat more crap now but nothing outrageous. I don't regret all that clean eating as it worked good for me. Wish i could clean up my diet a little but salty crunchy nuts and chips(which i basically didn't touch for decades) are really good and could live off them.

Anddddd I hate you even more. I took my ol lady to Mexico in February. I didn’t even eat like shit, just slightly off my diet and I looked like poo. We went back again in May, this time I ate clean as fuck and did morning cardio, shredded all day. I guess for me this is just the way it is for better or worse…
It is nice from a dieting standpoint, but it’s HELL when trying to pack on mass. At my all time heaviest I hit 264 pounds. My daily diet was

Set an alarm for 5 am to drink a shake 8 ounces boiled chicken breast, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 12 ounces orange juice or apple juice, 1 scoop whey iso, 50 grams dextrose

Pre/intra/post 120 grams karboload, 20 grams eaa and some other stuff
Hour later 4 eggs 50 grams protein shake with 50 grams dextrose

On the way to work a burrito and a few tacos from taco bell

At work 2 cans tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup yogurt with 1/2 cup granola and 32 ounces gatorade

2 hours later protein shake with 8 ounces boiled chicken breast, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 12 ounces orange juice or apple juice, 1 scoop whey iso, 50 grams dextrose

2 hours later 10 ounces cooked chicken thighs or beef with 1.5 cups of jasmine rice and 32 ounces of Gatorade.

2 hours later 10 ounces cooked chicken thighs or beef with 1.5 cups of jasmine rice and 32 ounces of Gatorade.

get home from work and find whatever is in the fridge to eat. Usually 4-6 eggs with a couple pieces of toast and some cheese

before bed another chicken shake

All rice is topped with 2 tbl kerrygold butter

My genetics are terrible for building muscle but dieting and staying lean is relatively easy for me. My stomach is smaller and I have to force feed junk calories to grow. I’ll do anything, brownies, pizzas, burgers, rolls soaked in butter. During the day I eat as much as is possible without literally regurgitating food, which is usually 3 meals and 3 servings 50g whey isolate. That would maintain me and I have to add 1,000-1,500 calories at night if I want the scale to move. Then after all the junk I can eat I eat a big bowl of full fat yogurt, 25g casein, 2-3 tablespoons honey, 1 banana, some strawberries and whatever fruit we have around. I go to sleep looking pregnant and wake up dry and lean looking again...where the fuck does it GO!? That will SLOWLY move the scale up and it’s never fat I’m gaining. Now I’m not comparing myself to any of Shelby’s genetic outliers (I suck way more than them) but if I want to grow I have to use junk because it’s denser than clean food.

Other than the taco bell, the foods here are clean. Have you tried throwing more junk in to your bulk diet? It seems you are a perfect candidate for more dirty calories.

It is nice from a dieting standpoint, but it’s HELL when trying to pack on mass. At my all time heaviest I hit 264 pounds. My daily diet was

Set an alarm for 5 am to drink a shake 8 ounces boiled chicken breast, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 12 ounces orange juice or apple juice, 1 scoop whey iso, 50 grams dextrose

Pre/intra/post 120 grams karboload, 20 grams eaa and some other stuff
Hour later 4 eggs 50 grams protein shake with 50 grams dextrose

On the way to work a burrito and a few tacos from taco bell

At work 2 cans tuna, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 cup yogurt with 1/2 cup granola and 32 ounces gatorade

2 hours later protein shake with 8 ounces boiled chicken breast, 1/2 cup white rice flour, 12 ounces orange juice or apple juice, 1 scoop whey iso, 50 grams dextrose

get home from work and find whatever is in the fridge to eat. Usually 4-6 eggs with a couple pieces of toast and some cheese

before bed another chicken shake

All rice is topped with 2 tbl kerrygold butter

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member