over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Odd question... muscle relaxors vs pain pills

-TOXIC-

Banned
So basically I have a bad lower back. Like... BAD. Discs are bulging and causing a ton of pain on my nerves and like a stabbing pain when I try to do certain movements. I can touch my toes BUT only if I lean forward from my chest. I cant rotate my hips forward or its a sharp pain. Yes I know I need an MRI but I'm broke and no health ins at the moment. OK so... my Fire Fighter agility test is early December like 6/7 weeks away and my back is not getting better. What would be the best method to try to numb it up a tad so I could at least get through my test?

fitnesskatz

well muscle relaxer fuck you up too bad to pass any test in fact they prob arrest you,,if you have too bulging disk an ortho would prescribe you at the very least perk's which too much for an enduring test,,,id suggest going getting a nerve block its temp but it pull you thru:yeahthat::yeahthat:

Meloxacam to reduce inflammation.
Muscle relaxants make you tired.....soma=high, flexeril=sleepy.
Pain killers will numb it if it's just for a one day fireman test. Get some vicodin and stack it with eca. A doctor will prescribe it if you explain your situation.

Yea its just for a day... 3/4 hours at most. Dummy drag, obstacle course, stair climb, sledge hammer test. I did perfect last year with no issues but my back has gotten worse and about a month ago something "twinged" and hasnt gotten any better no matter all the stretching ive done.

What is Meloxcam and where can I get it!

And when you say pain pill stack with eca, you mean ephedra, caffeine and aspirin? Im assuming bc the pain pills may give me a little lag and the eca is to offset that?

Last edited:
I've never had much relief from muscle relaxers and they do make me sleepy like JJB1 said. Pain pills work much better for me, anything with codeine and I'm golden.

Vicodin the day of, and see if you can find an inversion table and use it daily.
muscle relaxers will just make you mush.

I have one of the most expensive inversion tables there is. Its more of a bandaide and honestly for as bad as this particular problem is, its just too much.

Yea its just for a day... 3/4 hours at most. Dummy drag, obstacle course, stair climb, sledge hammer test. I did perfect last year with no issues but my back has gotten worse and about a month ago something "twinged" and hasnt gotten any better no matter all the stretching ive done.

What is Meloxcam and where can I get it!

And when you say pain pill stack with eca, you mean ephedra, caffeine and aspirin? Im assuming bc the pain pills may give me a little lag and the eca is to offset that?
Meloxocam is the best anti inflammatory drug..can relieve the pressure very fast from swelling against the nerves. Get if from a doctor...any low cost clinic will prescribe it. ECA, ephedrine, caffeine, aspirin to offset drag from vicodin.

I have one of the most expensive inversion tables there is. Its more of a bandaide and honestly for as bad as this particular problem is, its just too much.

It is just a bandaid. But would probably take some of the pressure off disc for the test. I used one the day before I used to bounce at a night club that had me running, fighting, and carrying people for 4 hours. No pain during but felt worse the next day.

If you have no money go on ssi for a but and they'll give you free ins and your better off fixing the problem before it gets so bad like myself that even after major surgery my pain is still through the roof.now I'm on such high doses of pain meds that they can't raise it anymore.
I can't go an hour without taking more medicine.
What going to happen if you get the job and just masked the pain how can you save people's lives if you can barely move without pain.

Both. I took perc and flexerill the days in a row, the just flexerill for the next 3 days. Laying flat on my back with legs at a 90 degree angle help immensely.

The percs will only take a little edge off for so long. Meaning you have to time it right or keep taking more during the day. I bet a high dose of Advil like 800mg twice for that day works alot better and you will still feel normal, not high at all.
Good Luck

If you have no money go on ssi for a but and they'll give you free ins and your better off fixing the problem before it gets so bad like myself that even after major surgery my pain is still through the roof.now I'm on such high doses of pain meds that they can't raise it anymore.
I can't go an hour without taking more medicine.
What going to happen if you get the job and just masked the pain how can you save people's lives if you can barely move without pain.

You would be surprised at how many people in life saving jobs deal with chronic pain. Adrenaline is the best painkiller...they don't feel it when saving lives....part of the the reason they still do it.

You would be surprised at how many people in life saving jobs deal with chronic pain. Adrenaline is the best painkiller...they don't feel it when saving lives....part of the the reason they still do it.

Nail on the head man. 100% true.

And thank you guys for the replies. 1-2 percocets dont do too much for me so maybe 2.5 pills before the test will dull it enough.

Nail on the head man. 100% true.

And thank you guys for the replies. 1-2 percocets dont do too much for me so maybe 2.5 pills before the test will dull it enough.

It depends on the dose. Oxycodone is the active drug in Percocet, but it comes in different doses. Percocet comes in 5mg, 7.5mg, and 10mg of Oxycodone. Just make sure you know what dose you're taking.

I get better lower back relief from relaxers and a couple tylenol, than I do from a couple perc's or vocoden, but that's my back.

Not sure if this is an option or would work, but what about a cortisone shot?

If I were you I would use ibuprofen 800 three times a day several days before with icing every few hours for 20 minutes. This will reduce the inflammation and therefor the pain. And when you get insurance do physical therapy with a good therapist.

This combo- shot of toradol, shot of solumedrol(prednisone), and oral flexeril a few hours before or day before.

Most docs will write for it since back pain is what drug seekers always use and that med combo is what they typically give.

my L4 L5 and S1 are shot. burning down my legs all the time. they want to fuse them together but i won't let em. ask the doctors about having the disc shaved. it is called a discectomy. i take endocts for my pain. i have tried cymbalta also. the thing is if you just put a bandaid on it by taking pain meds you'll mess it up worse. you being a fire fighter don't you have insurance?
So basically I have a bad lower back. Like... BAD. Discs are bulging and causing a ton of pain on my nerves and like a stabbing pain when I try to do certain movements. I can touch my toes BUT only if I lean forward from my chest. I cant rotate my hips forward or its a sharp pain. Yes I know I need an MRI but I'm broke and no health ins at the moment. OK so... my Fire Fighter agility test is early December like 6/7 weeks away and my back is not getting better. What would be the best method to try to numb it up a tad so I could at least get through my test?

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws