over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

odd question

jrmuscle

Banned
i got my first tattoo last night and i want to know when the stuff they gave me runs out is vaseline good for keeping it from drying out and peeling?? any suggestions will be suffice!

loads of my lot that are tatooed up to the hilt use cocoa butter, something about keeping the skin loose and not tightening up too much round it which can cause it to disfigure when you train and put on size

EMLA cream will help with the trauma if you're still aching, since it contains 2 anaesthetics, lidocaine & prilocaine.

yeah vaseline will do the job

keep your tat out of the sun until its 'healed'

...and as it heals and may start to itch... DO NOT PICK AT OR SCRATCH IT! Just keep it well moisturized until completely healed.

Get some A&D oinment. its for diaper rash, i have 9 tats the stuff is great, it lets the wound breathe and keeps the scabs moist so they dont dry and flake off(thats a bad thing). DONT ITCH IT!

...and as it heals and may start to itch... DO NOT PICK AT OR SCRATCH IT!
VERY IMPORTANT

I always used regular unscented hypoallergenic lotion (any brand) for my tatts. All healed nicely...one exception, fortunately minor... Some chunks of the scab got brushed off prematurely due to rubbing against my gi practicing punches. If you are very active, make sure to keep it covered/moist until it is fully healed as thebrick stated.

I'm a tattoo artist and covered from the neck down in all black and grey work...pretty much my entire upper body. As said above, A&D works very well and can be found at any drug store. And make sure to use a soap with no purfumes or crap in it, original Dial is recommended. And yes, do not pick the scabs! If the artist didn't hack you up, and you follow these tips you should heal up nicely...if you see signs of infection (yellowness, puss, ect) let us know and will help with further care. Congrats on your first tat!!!

Alot of people swear by Tattoo Goo. I just used a&d ointment though. Healed fine

A&D is great but so is Vitamin E...liquid gel caps or you can buy a bottle...this is thick stuff and does the tatt's really good for healing. I've got vines on my chest/back and arms....7 hrs of work...1 sitting....very VERY little scabbing using the vitamin E.

A&D no vaseline. agreed. Used bacitation oitment if thats the spelling on my first tat. The next two used A&D much better.

Try tattoo majik or eucerin creme.

sorry about suggesting vaseline bro, it looks like a lot of the guys on here are more informed than me. I used it but I'd go with the majority advice :)

I know i'm hijacking the thread... sorry in advance... but i'm thinking of getting a tattoo and just got to thinking about how long it usually takes to heal?

I know i'm hijacking the thread... sorry in advance... but i'm thinking of getting a tattoo and just got to thinking about how long it usually takes to heal?

about a week. it forms a scab that needs to come off by itself. think about if you skin your knee and get a scab...however long it takes it to come off. (bigger, deeper scab - longer healing)

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws