over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off day eating

suppdude

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Always been curious how others go about this. You always here on off training days drop carbs and total calories. This will help keep insulin sensitivity higher along with body comp in check.

But then you hear the day prior to a training session has more impact than day of training. So example: go from a chest/shoulder session to an off day followed by a leg day your session.

I take in around 600-700g carbs on training days with 100 -125 coming pre, 325 post, and another 100-125 post post.

Off days I typically only take in around 125-150 grams.

Personally, I’ve always kept carbs lower along with total calories on off days. But I find I’m still quite hungry and it more than likely is holding me back some. I do keep the majority of my carb intake on training days around training and on off days keep carbs in at breakfast and then one in the late afternoon.

So just curious how some of you other fellas go about it when going for some added size or strength. Are you keeping everything the same or maybe dropping carbs but increasing fats but keeping calories the same?

Just trying to get some discussion going like we have the training frequency one going rather than gear talk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000+ caloric surplus on training day
200 calorie surplus on off days

Your glycogen stores will be replenished with those post workout carbs. Plus once you're accustomed to eating like this; those intramuscular triglyceride stores will help with fullness during the off days.

1000+ caloric surplus on training day
200 calorie surplus on off days

Your glycogen stores will be replenished with those post workout carbs. Plus once you're accustomed to eating like this; those intramuscular triglyceride stores will help with fullness during the off days.
Kind of similar to what I do. On training days most all of the extra calories I take in are done around my workout (PWO and the next 1-2 meals).

When I do take days off, I typically just eat at my TDEE maintenance level. And any carbs during those days are usually consumed within the first part of the day with the last few meals consisting of my good fats.

But I am trying to gain weight at a slow rate.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

Another thing that I will do on both training and rest days is that if I am genuinely hungry..(not bored, wanting to snack while watching t.v., etc)...I will have a small protein meal like eggs or chicken....nothing huge, but enough to satiate my appetite. Basically just trying to let my body tell me when it truly wants something....and it hasn't hurt me as far as I can tell.

But if I were dieting to lose, once I hit my daily macros that is it. But even when dieting, I have some days were I'm not as hungry as others....so I rely more on an average weekly calorie intake at a certain level so I do have "wiggle" room on the days that I am hungrier.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

yes, you don't really have to drop cals, just replace the carbs with more fats on off days... i always eat high carbs tho

Last edited:
you don't really have to drop cals, just replace the carbs with more fats on off days

Typically what I do as I mentioned but drop cals a bit.

But we also know that higher fat intake can cause insulin resistance as well. And yes I know, any caloric surplus will cause resistance.

Again, this is all for discussion and what everyone else likes to do or has worked for them.

I do what Pitbull recommends. The only time I drop calories is if I know I'm going to be up or have a longer day the next day. That way I shift those macros over to that day so I don't run risk of getting hangry lol.

Always been curious how others go about this. You always here on off training days drop carbs and total calories. This will help keep insulin sensitivity higher along with body comp in check.

But then you hear the day prior to a training session has more impact than day of training. So example: go from a chest/shoulder session to an off day followed by a leg day your session.

I take in around 600-700g carbs on training days with 100 -125 coming pre, 325 post, and another 100-125 post post.

Off days I typically only take in around 125-150 grams.

Personally, I’ve always kept carbs lower along with total calories on off days. But I find I’m still quite hungry and it more than likely is holding me back some. I do keep the majority of my carb intake on training days around training and on off days keep carbs in at breakfast and then one in the late afternoon.

So just curious how some of you other fellas go about it when going for some added size or strength. Are you keeping everything the same or maybe dropping carbs but increasing fats but keeping calories the same?

Just trying to get some discussion going like we have the training frequency one going rather than gear talk.

Replacing most carbs for fats on non-workout days works well. Although, I would still try to keep calories a bit lower on non-training days.

By the way, 325g carbs post-workout? What type of carbs do you eat? No bloating? That's a lot of carbs in one sitting.

Replacing most carbs for fats on non-workout days works well. Although, I would still try to keep calories a bit lower on non-training days.

By the way, 325g carbs post-workout? What type of carbs do you eat? No bloating? That's a lot of carbs in one sitting.

This is what I typically do, but my main question/concern was, most believe the day before a training session is what matters, so if on our off day, we drop total cals, isn’t that going to impact our training the next day negatively?

Post I have cereal, rice krispy treats, pop tarts, cereal bars, etc. No bloating issues.

This is what I typically do, but my main question/concern was, most believe the day before a training session is what matters, so if on our off day, we drop total cals, isn’t that going to impact our training the next day negatively?

Post I have cereal, rice krispy treats, pop tarts, cereal bars, etc. No bloating issues.

That's a good question. I think if your carb intake is high enough on workout days, you will still hold glycogen by the time you train again, especially the moment you do your pre-workout meal with carbs in it, your body should feel ready to train hard.

are you lean w good sensitivity or not? are we talking about pure bulking?

600-700g carbs a day??? If I go over 200g it's a refeed lol

But I am pure endo/former fatboy

Your post workout carb sources sound very similar to mine :)

600-700g carbs a day??? If I go over 200g it's a refeed lol

But I am pure endo/former fatboy

I used to have carb phobia.

Learned a lot since then when it comes to diet. If you’re training hard enough and utilize nutrient timing, you should be able to get away with a hefty carb intake post training, depending on your goal.

are you lean w good sensitivity or not? are we talking about pure bulking?

Not all out don’t give a shit bulking. Obviously if we are looking to do that, carbs are taken in each meal daily no matter training or not.

Again, maybe I should have re worded or made the OP shorter: what is everyone else doing for carb intake on training vs non training when looking for size and strength. Does anyone believe in the day prior to training is what matters rather than day of?

Like with me, 600-700 training and 125-150 non training.

Your post workout carb sources sound very similar to mine :)

Was doing pancakes and cereal but started filling me up too much so switched to pop tarts, Rice Krispies, etc.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity