over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

off season diet - low medium high or just on /off

iron lifter

Registered
Newbies
Do any of you do a low medium high type of diet style. i tried it too many different days to track macros and meal prep.

i now just do a diet for training days and off days. much easier .

on days its 300g protein 600 carbs 50 fats

off days its 300g protein 400 carbs and 75 fats.

I found the same as you, never saw benefit of a medium day.

High and low worked, but no better than steady calories. My weight gain or loss was no different as long as the average daily calories were the same.

If your constantly hungry high low can be nice because the high days give you some satiety.

High medium low worked very well at maintaining a decent shape/high appetite/ good performance. However, for me, life sometimes got in the way of training. That sucks when you’re 4 meals deep into a 5k high day lol.

Doubt it will THAT big of a difference. Doing restday/ trainingday food only now.

yah the whole low medium high was like a chore to prep always. the on off is way easier. even if i was a pro bb i would probably not like doing the low medium high.

Im not sure if you guys are competitive bodybuilders or not. I dont compete so what works for me is i eat when I'm hungry.

After a heavy leg or back day i usually eat more compared to a rest day.

Keep it kiss

yah the whole low medium high was like a chore to prep always. the on off is way easier. even if i was a pro bb i would probably not like doing the low medium high.
Imo high, medium, low is pretty complicated, too complicated. May seem " unique and different" which is good marketing to sell service, get new clients. I'd guess that's where the concept came from.

Imo high, medium, low is pretty complicated, too complicated. May seem " unique and different" which is good marketing to sell service, get new clients. I'd guess that's where the concept came from.

More than likely it began with playing around with insulin dosages back when we all thought you HAD to have 10g carbs for every IU of insulin.

We would match our carb intake with how much insulin we used.

Then we quit being retarded and matched our insulin use with how many carbs we were eating that day.

Just like intra workout cocktails. That was started to take advantage of insulin, then everybody adopted the HAVE to have EAA/glutamine/creatine intra

I think intra shakes are good for everyone, just saying that’s the birth of its use

Both work exactly the same—the more important thing is your calories and where they are.
I did off and on for long periods of time. It works fine, exactly the same as high/med/low....but once again, where is your cals at?
That's all that matters. Is your ON just a bit above maintenance or wayy aove? How is your OFF day?
Same exact thing with high/med/low? What is high? HOW high? HOW low?

On/off/high/medium/low are all subjective as long as you are cycling your calories and macros between days based on training needs.

Keep protein and fat the same, just have more carbs on training days, especially leg day.

Keep protein and fat the same, just have more carbs on training days, especially leg day.
this is what i am currently doing, i do drop my fats a bit lower on the training days and up fats, and opposite on off days. protien is same every day.

I keep it the same , only difference is calories are lower on non training days because there is no intra and post workout shake.
So that remove 100-150g carbs , 50g protein and 20g EAA.
If I were dieting down I'd probably remove some carbs from a meal or two just to ensure a significant calorie deficit

I like to keep it very simple so on training days I eat a lot more carbs and off days a lot more fat. protein stays the same.
This way I maintained a pretty good blood glucose marker throughout a long off season. Before that I usually tend to eat too many carbs
on off days and by that just fucked up my insulin resistance.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws