over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off season plan to compete June 2018

6'2 286lbs.....Damn! You a big ol' boy...ain't ya! Best of luck to you getting ready for this show. I'm sure you will do great.

286 @15% is pretty good.
what has yr diet and training been to get that big over the years?

286 @15% is pretty good.
what has yr diet and training been to get that big over the years?

I've been into weight lifting since 9h grade for football , my senior year I was 270 probably 20% (1995) I lifted strictly for strength for police/security work and a little arena football and started playing with steroids in 1997 and from 97 till 2006ish I was in the 300 pound 20% body fat range. I didn't compete till 2011 and was 255 , should have been 245 for best conditioning.
I have a terrible body structure for Bodybuilding , very thick heavy bone structure , wide hips , short muscle bellies , I just do.it to torture myself

At 286, 150g carbs seem very low... not much room in terms of removing carbs if progress stalls... if your macros are accurate.. that puts you at around 3100 cals... add in hard training and cardio sessions it would seem you would prob drop pretty rapidly once the ball gets rolling.... just my thoughts!

This was my math as well, the first thing that stood out, not enough carbs. Allow yourself a little more variety at this point, and not sure if youve tried carbs that are easier to digest, such as cream of rice, quinoa, lentils, or even a simple dextrose powder can be added in. Also, can increase carbs with fibrous veggies like green beans, broccoli, etc. And take a fiber supp at bedtime. Especially with the high protein, youll need the extra fiber. Once, maybe twice a week its good to swap the beef for salmon

By allowing a little more now, youll have more room to taper as needed closer to show time

Last edited:
This was my math as well, the first thing that stood out, not enough carbs. Allow yourself a little more variety at this point, and not sure if youve tried carbs that are easier to digest, such as cream of rice, quinoa, lentils, or even a simple dextrose powder can be added in. Also, can increase carbs with fibrous veggies like green beans, broccoli, etc. And take a fiber supp at bedtime. Especially with the high protein, youll need the extra fiber. Once, maybe twice a week its good to swap the beef for salmon

By allowing a little more now, youll have more room to taper as needed closer to show time
I'll second cream of rice. It's a savior when my carbs get really high.

Gun,

Looks solid.

I can digest Quinoa much better than oats, rice, etc.
Maybe worth trying.

I advise staying away from Tilapia or any farm raised fish.
Tilapia is high in Omega 6's which is a poor fat source.

Mahi, cod, shrimp, halibut are better choices.

Keep us posted. I'm glad you're doing this smartly and starting this 9
months out. I wish everybody let the process happen, as opposed to
forcing it by doing unwise things.

Good job!

Seafood in general is pretty catastrophic to your health these days. Farm raised stuff is toxic too...the fact that they feed tilapia their own poop is kind of troubling.

Freshwater fish is great though.

Your plan is freaking inspiring man!

Seafood in general is pretty catastrophic to your health these days. Farm raised stuff is toxic too...the fact that they feed tilapia their own poop is kind of troubling.

Freshwater fish is great though.

Your plan is freaking inspiring man!

I get my seafood from a guy who goes to the coast of Africa and back once every 6 weeks.

He always brings a sword fish called Meca and I get several of these cuts and freeze them.

**broken link removed**

Absolutely delicious and nothing to do with farm raised fish. That's basically the only seafood I eat these days. And shrimp once in a while.

No Thanks!

Attachments

• fish-farm.jpg
    fish-farm.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 123
Looks great GS. I am real similar to you in regards to the carb situation. I do handle oats very well but really dont need a massive amount.

I second the farm raised fish concern.

Excited to see your progress

Plan looks very solid ......good luck on your journey.....you have been a great member here along time . It will be fun to watch you transform.

No Thanks!

and conventional poultry,beef and pork is raised any better lol? Go watch a documentary on chicken farming, you'll puke

Wholefoods farmed fish is good and raised to good standards, talked about it before

Last edited:
The tilapia I eat comes from Whole Foods which is supposed to be better , cleaner quality but who the hell knows. Honestly a majority of the white fish I eat is local caught speckled trout , redfish and flounder and probably have the red meat is deer that I hunt , it's just easier to list a common food than something exotic for macro count sake.

At this day in age with the insane amount of pollution being put into our water (BP oil spill , Fukushima) and the shit (literally) being fed to mass raised farm animals , like chicken and beef it's hard to say what the hell we are ingesting.

I haven't tried quinoa or jasmine rice yet but that's definitely something I'm gonna look into , I just personally don't feel that my body needs a lot of carbs to function well and my opinion is that if I'm gonna eat calories they may as well offer vitamins and minerals.

I'm surprised and appreciative that I haven't been bashed for the lack of steroids , seems Ike everyone now "needs" at least a frame to start with

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws