over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic: Any Shroomers Here?

USMuscle9403

Registered
I'm Southeast US, so I'm chomping at the bit to hike a little and forage a bit here, soon. Here, you're mostly talking chanterelles, wine caps, morels here and there, etc. I'm a foodie, I love my mushrooms

Anyone else hunt? What are your favorites?

Wrote a post about my one time never again experience and then deleted it realizing we were talking about actual mushrooms haha!

Put some nice organic white shitake mushys in the sauce for my lasagna last night, does that count?

Regular white button mushrooms are supposed to be anti-cancer for breast and prostate from what I understand.

I haven't hunted for mushrooms myself but will soon. I have been joining FB pages about hunting them and have read a few books about them. Its funny how once you learn about them you can't help but to notice them in the forest thereafter.

**EDIT** - AGAINST THE RULES! NO REC DRUG TALK!!

Last edited by a moderator:
**EDIT** - AGAINST THE RULES! NO REC DRUG TALK!!

The Asian markets here like 99 Ranch have a much larger variety of mushrooms compared to American grocery store chains.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take Peak O2 powder and Mushroom 8-plex because I can't stand to eat any sort of mushroom and I believe that most provide a host of beneficial health effects.

I am a believer in Lion's Mane and Cordyceps as adaptagens.

Some years I’m into it, some not so much.
I went to northern Michigan one year for them. That’s like the Mecca for morels.
We timed it good and brought back coolers full.

I take Peak O2 powder and Mushroom 8-plex because I can't stand to eat any sort of mushroom and I believe that most provide a host of beneficial health effects.

My girlfriend can’t stand the texture of mushrooms. But we do something like you do by drinking reishi mushroom tea in the evenings.

Ok guys, talking about rec drugs is against the rules! Please leave comments about the "magic" type out of the conversation! Thanks!!

Wrote a post about my one time never again experience and then deleted it realizing we were talking about actual mushrooms haha!

Put some nice organic white shitake mushys in the sauce for my lasagna last night, does that count?

Haha I laughed so hard at this 😆

Ok guys, talking about rec drugs is against the rules! Please leave comments about the "magic" type out of the conversation! Thanks!!
Classifying shrooms as a rec drug is antiquated.

Classifying shrooms as a rec drug is antiquated.

You're welcome to PM or email Big A and talk to him about his rules. He'll tell you what FrancisK said...might be that nice, might not.

My goal this year is to find a nice sized lion's mane. I've never found one but never purposely looked for them, either. My hauls are mainly wine caps, chanterelles and *censored* 😊 I shroom purely for culinary pleasure, I'm actually not too up to speed on physiological benefits. I'm a pure newbie, but fungi are just fascinating as hell to me in so many ways

Im for just buying them at the grocery, but if you take the time to educate yourself on them then I see nothing wrong with harvesting your own. I just know with my limited knowledge of mushrooms that I might risk eating ones that are toxic. To me its not worth the risk.

Some years I’m into it, some not so much.
I went to northern Michigan one year for them. That’s like the Mecca for morels.
We timed it good and brought back coolers full.

Same in northeast Ohio for the morels. Used to go hunt em down in the summer months and come back with 30gal garbage bags full of em... I’m not a fan of most mushrooms, but the morels are ones I’ll definitely eat.

Cage

Im for just buying them at the grocery, but if you take the time to educate yourself on them then I see nothing wrong with harvesting your own. I just know with my limited knowledge of mushrooms that I might risk eating ones that are toxic. To me its not worth the risk.

There are certain ones that can make you pretty ill, but they're usually easily identified. You definitely need to educate yourself and preferably have an experienced person with you. There are also field tests that can be done. Death Caps and Destroying Angels are two of the most common toxic ones, you should probably avoid any white mushrooms lol

Same in northeast Ohio for the morels. Used to go hunt em down in the summer months and come back with 30gal garbage bags full of em... I’m not a fan of most mushrooms, but the morels are ones I’ll definitely eat.

Cage

I remember the first time I found morels was on my great aunt's property in Missouri. She had an old abandoned sawmill on the property and they'd pop out of the old, rotten sawdust piles like crazy. Plan to find some this year, haven't had much luck here in SC

There are certain ones that can make you pretty ill, but they're usually easily identified. You definitely need to educate yourself and preferably have an experienced person with you. There are also field tests that can be done. Death Caps and Destroying Angels are two of the most common toxic ones, you should probably avoid any white mushrooms lol
Is one of the tests seeing what color the spores are? A long time ago my mentoring teacher in Biology knew them well and showed me the morels in the forest. Cool looking mushroom. He was saying that they are expensive to buy too.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Deecrume
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws