over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic- car

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Gas is killing me in my crew cab 4x4

I’m looking for 4 doors, AWD and good gas mileage. Car or crossover. Any suggestions?

I like the look of the new Subaru outbacks...

Half the people in my family just bought those Subaru's and love them, I got a Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and it's been great. I needed something I could pull a trailer with and use for work (General contractor) but still decent on gas mileage and comfortable to be in for extended drives (most weekends over the past couple of years I would drive a 1000 miles a weekend).

Last edited:
If you want AWD and good gas mileage then you are probably best off buying something with just 4 cylinders. Just having AWD is going to offer you lower mileage, but a lot of the vehicles these days are mostly front wheel until those wheel slip and then it shifts over to all wheel. The Honda CRV is popular and gets really good mileage.

I personally like my CTS 3.6L 6 cylinder that has AWD. It has been good in the snow and the mileage is decent. I would say I average about 20 MPG and I do a lot of in town driving. I also drive fast and get on the gas. The base CTS has a 4 cylinder and offers a bit better mileage.

Last edited:

I’m looking for 4 doors, AWD and good gas mileage. Car or crossover. Any suggestions?

The infiniti G37 is AWD and great in all types of weather conditions

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

A good friend of mine just got a Subaru Outback. Says it was the best decision he's ever made.

I'm looking at a '06 Bently Continental GT. .. 12 cylinders, twin turbo, AWD and 552hp. Roughly $40k. Gets same gas mileage as my Viper tho lol might better than your truck tho haha

My wife and I both drive Civics (one is a 2013 and the other is a 2014). They're not AWD (FWD only), but we just had snow last week and both performed great AND they get 40 mpg on the highway. I bought mine used about a year ago, and I've averaged 35 mpg since then.

My wife and I both drive Civics (one is a 2013 and the other is a 2014). They're not AWD (FWD only), but we just had snow last week and both performed great AND they get 40 mpg on the highway. I bought mine used about a year ago, and I've averaged 35 mpg since then.

Cars with fairly skinny tires do ok in the snow and ice. I once got stuck with a Toyota Prius as a loaner for about 1 month while they fixed my Audi and it drove awesome in the snow. We had a big snow too, one of those when you go on the road you are about the only person out.

Some good skinny tires and you should be ok with front wheel drive. Main thing is to be sure the tread is good on them.

Cars with fairly skinny tires do ok in the snow and ice.
Years ago we had a huge snow and I literally could not get my S-10 pick-up OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY! We had a Mazda 323 (FWD) that went everywhere without problems.

Audi. The end

I bought two A6s new and I am done with Audi now. The first one blew it's transmission and the second one had a known defect involving the timing chain. I dumped it before it broke down on me. Ill never buy one again. Just my experience. The second car nickel and dimed me.

Driving a Cadillac CTS now, AWD with the 3.6L. It drives just as nice as the Audi and does well in the snow too. This time around I didn't buy a second set of wheels for snow tires, I'm toughing it out in just all seasons. The all seasons do ok.

Years ago we had a huge snow and I literally could not get my S-10 pick-up OUT OF THE DRIVEWAY! We had a Mazda 323 (FWD) that went everywhere without problems.

Skinny little tires put all of the weight of the car in a smaller contact patch with the road and so they cut right through the snow. A wider tire spreads the force out over a larger area and so doesn't have quite the density of pressure on the ground that a smaller tire does.

I have a second set of wheels for my Porsche 911 Turbo that I use in the winter. I have snow performance tires on it and the wheels/tires are higher profile and more narrow. You want higher profile so that the sidewall is thicker, more cushion for when you hit the inevitable pot hole. Don't want to bend a wheel.

Last edited:
Lexus IS Series... I had an 06 IS 350.. best car i've ever owned.. Got 28 Mpg.. .super luxurious with plenty of power and handles very well. Plan on getting another one. If gas mileage is a concern, 250 gets even better mpg

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws