over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic... dropping cable tv

Tom

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Anybody use one of those antenna systems that plug into the cable inlet on your TV? How do you like it? My cable is going up by 11% and I'm just done with it!!! Feedback is much appreciated!

Ive been thinking about doing it too, going to something like this:

https://www.fubo.tv/lp/ent/?irad=356302&irmp=1332011&subId1=how-to1

Not free like what youre talking about, but it has just as many channels as cable. Ive not compared pricing too closely though, not sure how much cheaper streaming everything would be.

If youre like me, you have your cable and internet packaged together. If you drop cable then they will raise the rate on your internet.

I just bought some shitty rabbit ears from Wal-Mart, works fine. I haven’t had cable since 2013 but I do have Amazon Prime.

I haven't had a TV in my house in ten years and I'm a better man because of it.

I didn’t know people still used cable.

Jk. But why with all the other cheaper options? It’s the equivalent of a cassette tape when smartphones are available.

I like the Amazon Firestick. Its a good alternative if you still want to see new movies or an occasional show. Jail breaking them is fairly simple.

Electrical MD makes some great videos on YouTube that show you how to get the latest and greatest.

I switched over about 4 years ago. Well worth it! I still get to watch Sunday night football too.

Sent from my S2 using Tapatalk

Get Apple TV

You can pretty much watch all the stuff you can with cable plus you can watch YouTube, Netflix, Hulu...etc on it. Very convenient.

Amazon fire stick is the way to go !!

I got the mohu leaf 50 just picks up local channels free, i dropped cable a year ago.

I would drop it in a heartbeat but my cable is included in my neighborhood HOA. So I only pay an extra $50 a month for a HD DVR box and 150mbs of internet. I think that normally runs most people around $150-200 a month. I only use cable for live sports. Otherwise I am running my Roku and streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc...

I dropped my cable package. I use my Xbox one as a media player. Recently I just bought a 65" tcl Roku tv fory living room. I can get anything I want from the apps. Sling app gives you every channel you want for 20$ a month plus included cloud DVR. I don't watch much cable TV anyways.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I would drop it in a heartbeat but my cable is included in my neighborhood HOA. So I only pay an extra $50 a month for a HD DVR box and 150mbs of internet. I think that normally runs most people around $150-200 a month. I only use cable for live sports. Otherwise I am running my Roku and streaming Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc...

That's a great price! Cant beat that for sure.

rook box, have amazon prime and netflix (which sucks btw) and a bunch of other streamed channels though Amazon Prime. don't miss cable one bit.

rook box, have amazon prime and netflix (which sucks btw) and a bunch of other streamed channels though Amazon Prime. don't miss cable one bit.

Do all of those services add up to the same amount you were paying through cable, or is it a bit less? Im sure the video and audio quality is better than cable. Streaming with the firestick Im able to get 4k and it is even dolby vision!

I still use cable for most of our channels. Im also know that if we drop cable then our internet rate will go up. Don't you lose most of the cost benefit when you drop cable because of higher internet rates and then paying all of those other separate fees for other services? We have the premium channels HBO and Showtime and id want those.

how bout youtube tv?
u get cloud dvr to record shows AND u can skip commercials ive heard.
directv is fuckin way too expensive now but its so good im spoiled.
i needed sportstime ohio and bbc america so only way was to get the second most expensive package. gotta watch the indians.
id go with roku for the apps and use youtube tv IF the skipping commercials was true.
i fuckin hate commercials so much.
as far as antenna tv. my parents have one. they get over 50 channels.
go to https://www.tvtv.us/
to see what you can get locally with the antenna. when u put yr zipcode in, click the broadcast link.

Last edited:
Problem is they know people are dropping cable so they just keep upping the price for internet
It’s absurd

Problem is they know people are dropping cable so they just keep upping the price for internet
It’s absurd

It's not totally absurd though the price increases are probably more than what's needed.

People drop traditional TV because they want to use the Internet for all their TV watching. That puts a bigger load on the fiber optic / cable / whatever infrastructure you're using due to the massive amounts of data consumed through streaming, along with more physical wear and tear on the system. The Internet price has to go up somewhat to compensate for the additional load.

Everything in this world is a trade off.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131