advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic: Love/hate relationship with tools.

Wait a minute, where's the damn coke machine? Lol

Nice place you have there, concreter.

Scratch that, I see it in the far corner there now.

you can teach a monkey to "pour concrete"....

just sayin...

:cool:

It does Help being Part Monkey!

But it would probably easier to teach him what you Do...What? collect Welfare!
Like most Monkeys...lol

Wait a minute, where's the damn coke machine? Lol

Nice place you have there, concreter.

Cant Wait to trade it in on A Winnebago!!!
Head up to Wyoming in September and visit Jethro, than over to Montana before heading down the coast and end up in Arizona.
Then over to Florida for spring break till Summer!
Home is were you Park IT!

Last edited:
Jethro when it comes to fixing something you're unfamiliar with, YouTube is your friend!

you can teach a monkey to "pour concrete"....

just sayin...

:cool:

...but teaching someone to finish it good, consistently, is the kicker.

Jethro when it comes to fixing something you're unfamiliar with, YouTube is your friend!

^ agreed...even in the past 5 years so many how-to vids have come up that are extremely detailed. There isn't much you can't find on there these days.

FWIW, I like to consider a few things when choosing whether or not to do a job--how much time (and maybe frustration) will this job take me, and how much would it cost to have someone else do it professionally? There's a balance somewhere in there that could tip it either way (it'll probably depend on how much money the person has, how much they make...the "time-value" of money), and that's what I tend to base my decisions off of. You could also add in..."will I have to buy another tool to do this job, and how likely am I to need this tool to do another job in the future?"

Bio that’s no kidding man. You can literally find a good instructional video on ANYTHING on YT. I am using one to replace my ice maker.

I am pretty handy with woodworking / refinishing / faux - distressing. But I am no mechanic. My dad will take a friggin hair dryer apart and fix it. Dude can fix anything. Thank God for YT because pops is getting too old to be the man and I fear that he wants to pass the tools to me. He has a 1,200 safe two story workshop. When I look around in there I feel like the tools are daring me to pick them up and break something!
But with YT - I think I could find good video instructions on how to do a root canal.

I can usually fix what I need to. And did in my earlier days. But I really don't enjoy it. And I make more money then most people so I just work some extra hours and pay some one else to do it. That and I try not to acquire a lot of toys, as I don't want to spend the time doing maintenance and up keep. Time and freedom is worth more.

Great looking house!

No need to ride My Ass...The faster and more efficient I get the Job Done the More $$$ I make...You Think ?

I Built My house from the ground up in 8 mnths. From 720 sqft to 6550.
All the Best of the Best! While still pouring Concrete,
Just need A driveway now....Know anybody?
All Stamped for 12000$ my cost!

Good job on that! I wish I had those skills. I tried to stain my concrete on the inside and it came out looking like swamp water instead of the colol copper color I wanted! 🤣

Hahahahahaa!

You are EXACTLY right! I do that! 😁 What a tremendous resource that is! We used it to pull the dash in my dad’s Durango a few years ago. I live out of town and I have burning barrels for garbage. Then I have to load those barrels once they get full and haul them to the landfill. The kids at school built me a trailer to do that from the box of an old pickup truck. Two days ago it was cold as heck and I couldn’t get the hitch to drop down on the ball, so I started jumping on it, hoping it would fall in place. Mistake! I screwed something up in the hitch and it took me about an hour, laying on the ice to fix that!

Attachments

• 1F1C609A-86DC-4426-922A-E0F59EC6DD4E.jpeg
    1F1C609A-86DC-4426-922A-E0F59EC6DD4E.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Agreed.

...but teaching someone to finish it good, consistently, is the kicker.

^ agreed...even in the past 5 years so many how-to vids have come up that are extremely detailed. There isn't much you can't find on there these days.

FWIW, I like to consider a few things when choosing whether or not to do a job--how much time (and maybe frustration) will this job take me, and how much would it cost to have someone else do it professionally? There's a balance somewhere in there that could tip it either way (it'll probably depend on how much money the person has, how much they make...the "time-value" of money), and that's what I tend to base my decisions off of. You could also add in..."will I have to buy another tool to do this job, and how likely am I to need this tool to do another job in the future?"

Those are all great points to consider. If I think I am probably going to f-ck something up (which is pretty often) I break down and pay someone. My dad didn’t have to do that.

My Dad passed away in August.

Bio that’s no kidding man. You can literally find a good instructional video on ANYTHING on YT. I am using one to replace my ice maker.

I am pretty handy with woodworking / refinishing / faux - distressing. But I am no mechanic. My dad will take a friggin hair dryer apart and fix it. Dude can fix anything. Thank God for YT because pops is getting too old to be the man and I fear that he wants to pass the tools to me. He has a 1,200 safe two story workshop. When I look around in there I feel like the tools are daring me to pick them up and break something!
But with YT - I think I could find good video instructions on how to do a root canal.

He has a TON of big tool boxes in his garage. Calipers, all sorts of stuff. He was working on the kitchen sink a week before he died. He just never quit working on things. I would just stand there with my thumb up my ass, bullshitting with him and handing him tools.

Buck,

I can usually fix what I need to. And did in my earlier days. But I really don't enjoy it. And I make more money then most people so I just work some extra hours and pay some one else to do it. That and I try not to acquire a lot of toys, as I don't want to spend the time doing maintenance and up keep. Time and freedom is worth more.

Freedom is the most important thing to me as well. Teaching gave me that. Three months off at summer, Christmas Break, Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break....😁👍. Luckily I am easily entertained. I feed these deer and wild turkeys in my yard pretty much every day, now that I am retired.

Attachments

• DEB631CD-08E8-477D-B91F-5E4D182EBEC8.jpeg
    DEB631CD-08E8-477D-B91F-5E4D182EBEC8.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 94
No need to ride My Ass...The faster and more efficient I get the Job Done the More $$$ I make...You Think ?

I Built My house from the ground up in 8 mnths. From 720 sqft to 6550.
All the Best of the Best! While still pouring Concrete,
Just need A driveway now....Know anybody?
All Stamped for 12000$ my cost!

I used to help build multimillion dollar several thousand sq ft homes back in the late 80'- early 90's. Built several in the 6,000-12,000 sq ft range.

This 6500 sq ft. house looks Ginormous in comparisons to your 6550 sq ft house.

w560x373.jpg

Maybe it's the illusion of the picture you took:confused:

Last edited:
Roof lines make the illusion. It is what also drives the cost up the most.
Built mine for $60 sq ft, compared to the minimum normal of $100-150$.
Appraised at More than Doubled My investment!
And property taxes....lol

Still, No Lake or Mountains!
I hate being A Flatlander...

Plua A Gratto!.

Attachments

• IMG_8207.JPG
    IMG_8207.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_8213.JPG
    IMG_8213.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_8209.JPG
    IMG_8209.JPG
    124.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
why build a 6000sf house among all the other 700sf houses....???

your neighbors must really think you are awesome....

:)

Roof lines make the illusion. It is what also drives the cost up the most.
Built mine for $60 sq ft, compared to the minimum normal of $100-150$.
Appraised at More than Doubled My investment!
And property taxes....lol

Still, No Lake or Mountains!
I hate being A Flatlander...

Plua A Gratto!.
You have a nice house but you inflated your sq ft bro. If your number is true, you have the biggest house there which is unlikely since most are half that size. Or are you counting the yard in?

I think I can Multiply...The one class I was good at and really only one that Matters!
The yards just under an Acre!
It's at the dead end which opens up to 9 acres at the circle.
They have 6 horses...Best location in the Burbs!
It is the biggest...But there are a few just a little smaller and some still 720 sqft..
Shit, here the norm is to tear down 2000sqft homes and go bigger...
But then they have No Yards!

We could pull out the 1500 sqft Garage...But its nice enough to live In!
Heated floors, a loaded fridge, A sink, lazyboys , A 57 chevy...Everything you need!

Attachments

• 57Chevrolet09.jpg
    57Chevrolet09.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear