over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off topic: steel homes

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Have any of you guys built one? I hear if you do it right you can have a nice place for $50-60 a square ft.

What should you look for in a contractor? What questions should you ask?

You talking about shipping container homes? Never built a home but setup a shed . Very solid just need a good metal coat to stop oxidation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess some clarification is needed; are you talking about metal stud construction?

I'm a GC for a commercial construction company and that's all carpenters that work for us anymore use is metal studs and not wood.

I guess some clarification is needed; are you talking about metal stud construction?

I'm a GC for a commercial construction company and that's all carpenters that work for us anymore use is metal studs and not wood.

Commercial yes, but most residentials are still wood. Over in Romania where my wife is from, they use all concrete.

I didn't know you were a GC. I am a GC too, I own my own company.

Have any of you guys built one? I hear if you do it right you can have a nice place for $50-60 a square ft.

What should you look for in a contractor? What questions should you ask?

Check to make sure they are licensed. Check also references and look at actual jobs they have done. NEVER give all money before job is done. Give progress payments.

**broken link removed**

Like these

I 100% agree with this, progress payments for work done and NOT material stored. I've seen it a lot where a weak contract allows for payments on stored material and then people get stuck with a 70% complete project.

As for building with steel like in link you provided, nothing wrong with it really. Might be a bit more expensive on materials side but erection should (in theory) even things out as there won't be as much time spent on labor. You may have to have a third party inspector look at it though as most building inspectors won't even look at steel erection, but that's something you can find out talking to your local permitting office.

Check to make sure they are licensed. Check also references and look at actual jobs they have done. NEVER give all money before job is done. Give progress payments.

Very nice! Anything in particular you specialize in?

I get the "hell" projects for the company I work for building movie theaters across the country. Terrible site conditions, foundation work in sub zero temps, near impossible deadlines... I somehow inherit all those projects :banghead:

Commercial yes, but most residentials are still wood. Over in Romania where my wife is from, they use all concrete.

I didn't know you were a GC. I am a GC too, I own my own company.

Very nice! Anything in particular you specialize in?

I get the "hell" projects for the company I work for building movie theaters across the country. Terrible site conditions, foundation work in sub zero temps, near impossible deadlines... I somehow inherit all those projects :banghead:

Mostly what I do is real estate work, but can do anything residential. HUD requirements and getting home lender requirements done is what I mostly do. I have one right now where I am replacing a roof, painting fascia and replacing a few dry rot areas. I do bigger jobs, but the small ones are huge profits and less headaches.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws