YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Topic: Stimulus Payment Question (new bank info)

USMuscle9403

Registered
OK, so I recently switched banks. The account info that the I have with the IRS is not my current one. This morning, I look on the website, enter my info, and my payment had been sent to the closed account. Nowhere on the IRS website am I seeing any way to contact them, their customer service is down right now, and I'm not seeing where to enter new account info for them to send again.

Am I missing something? What the hell do I do?

The update is suppose to be available Friday. In your situation it sounds like its going to bounce and a check will be mailed unfortunately. Maybe try contacting the bank?

I would contact your old bank and see what they do with it as I’m sure you’re not the only one in that situation.

If the other account is closed it wouldn’t get deposited. I bet they send a check by mail to your most recent address.

everyone will get a letter from the IRS within the next 2 weeks that will explain what to do if you did not receive your check for whatever reason.

I work for the IRS. If a refund/payment goes to a closed account, typically it takes a week or two for the credit to come back from the bank, then a check is mailed out. So it could delay you receiving your payment by 4 to 6 weeks. You can check your payment status on irs.gov with the "Get My Payment" tool.

What gets me is they acted like you would be able to update account info with the new portal, which apparently comes out Friday. They didn't wait and sent out payments immediately without giving people a chance. What the fuck?

Well, the IRS basically just does what its told, and they were just trying to push these payments out to people asap. The payment on the website was mostly for nonfilers. If they have bank account info on file from a recent return, they usually don't allow us to change it until a new return is filed next season, because people will call in and ask to change account info, and we can't. It just has to go out as a check once it comes back.

The new portal does not let you update account info after the initial payment has been scheduled to go out or update account info already on file from previous return due to potential fraud issues.

Damn, I'm sorry, that sucks. If you haven't filed your 2019 return, just use the new address on the 19 return and it will be updated. If you've already filed for 2019, its going to get mailed to the address on file. Soooo, what will happen is the check will also be returned since you aren't there, and the credit will be held on the account until we get a change of address form from you(form 8822 off irs.gov) or you can talk to a customer service representative which i think all call sites are down right now. So it may just be a while before you get the payment since reps are working from home on digital cases, but paperwork such as address changes go to the service centers to be worked. Once the address change is input, it will release the credit that has come back from the returned check. I'm sorry man, that sucks. I still haven't heard when they are going to let employees go back to the service centers.

Damn, I'm sorry, that sucks. If you haven't filed your 2019 return, just use the new address on the 19 return and it will be updated. If you've already filed for 2019, its going to get mailed to the address on file. Soooo, what will happen is the check will also be returned since you aren't there, and the credit will be held on the account until we get a change of address form from you(form 8822 off irs.gov) or you can talk to a customer service representative which i think all call sites are down right now. So it may just be a while before you get the payment since reps are working from home on digital cases, but paperwork such as address changes go to the service centers to be worked. Once the address change is input, it will release the credit that has come back from the returned check. I'm sorry man, that sucks. I still haven't heard when they are going to let employees go back to the service centers.

That's the problem with government, its inefficient and lacks common sense. The IRS is wasting time, manpower, and resources; while USMuscle is stuck waiting forever for his check. And I am sure there are many others that fall into this category; and it all could have been prevented if they simply put a system in place for people to give the IRS the correct information if there has been a change on their bank account info since their last filed taxes. It would obviously have to be a secure system where you have to verify your identity and the previous bank information used to further verify. But creating that system should be very simple with today's technology.

I agree. We are operating on a green screen from the 60's technology and even newer applications still depend on the older database. It's ridiculous and inefficient. And they keep decreasing funding and have less employees every year.

So apparently there’s a new stimulus plan in the works where they want to give $2,000 a month to people who make less than 130k a year until the economy is stabilized to pre-Covid stats.. Or something to that effect, I’m still doing research..

Anyone who’s a lot smarter than me care to explain?

I mean, if the economy is going to shit by the second as we speak, the $2.2 trillion wasn’t enough and even 2k a month isn’t enough for people in most populated areas (might be enough in rural Montana but here in SFL 2k a month is rent in a 1 bedroom apartment now a days).. So the 2.2 trillion is just a bandaid and a lot of businesses are going under anyway, we have extreme amounts of unemployment etc and this new package which I’m assuming is going to be another astronomical amount, isn’t all this fake money going to kill the economy in the long run? Like to insane inflation rates and make shit 10x harder than it is now?

So apparently there’s a new stimulus plan in the works where they want to give $2,000 a month to people who make less than 130k a year until the economy is stabilized to pre-Covid stats.. Or something to that effect, I’m still doing research..

Anyone who’s a lot smarter than me care to explain?

I mean, if the economy is going to shit by the second as we speak, the $2.2 trillion wasn’t enough and even 2k a month isn’t enough for people in most populated areas (might be enough in rural Montana but here in SFL 2k a month is rent in a 1 bedroom apartment now a days).. So the 2.2 trillion is just a bandaid and a lot of businesses are going under anyway, we have extreme amounts of unemployment etc and this new package which I’m assuming is going to be another astronomical amount, isn’t all this fake money going to kill the economy in the long run? Like to insane inflation rates and make shit 10x harder than it is now?

Dude I live off a lil under 2k a month and I do just fine.

Thanks for the info, especially Cracker. Just kinda pissed me off that they sent out checks without giving people a chance to update their info when they said they would. This is a big issue today, I'm definitely not the only one this happened to. I dunno how far I'm shooting in the dark, here, but maybe it'll be so many that they try again once they get it denied by the bank and let people actually update their info.

Just verified they didnt have my banking info. Im guessing because i paid taxes. Anyone know when the next 'round' is going out?

Dude I live off a lil under 2k a month and I do just fine.
Yea but where do you live? Not everywhere is the same.what his saying is true.here in South Florida an apartment rental is $2000 and that's a 1 bedroom and not such a great new apartment. Shit an efficiency which is a little room made in a regular house will cost you easily $900 month.picture your room with a bathroom and a little kitchen stove all in the same room for $900month.that sucks.you can literally shower,cook take a dump a lay in bed at the same time lol.thats an efficiency. Gets worse some wont let you cook in them,they control the a/c from inside the main house an most is only for one person. If its 2 people they charge more.

Unfortunately that's the price you pay to live in the sunshine state

And I will say I agree with all of you the system is fucked up and retarded. But at the same time we should be very thankful. Because the government can say fuck off I'm not giving no one free money.

That's like a friend telling you his going to give you $500 to help and you keep calling him and saying bro wtf when are you giving me the money. Your family sucks and doesn't know wtf they doing.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127
NapsGear