YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Off Topic: Stimulus Payment Question (new bank info)

I heard if they got a bounceback from wrong direct deposit info they will just send you a paper check later.

I was more bummed out because our tax return got held up. We filed TurboTax online but we had to send back an amendment this year from something that was incorrect in Feb and it had to go via PAPER - shortly after we sent it back, the IRS closed down all processing of paper returns. They won't be processing any paper until they go back to work which only God knows when. We also had a baby back in June but since it was the first time claiming him, my fiance didn't get the extra $500 stimulus for a dependent. Hopefully they start letting people trickle back into the workplace over the coming weeks. While I agree that just opening the floodgates would be a terrible idea, I think they should let people go back in waves.

That being said, might be hard for employers to convince their employees go back to work. I anticipate there will be waviers etc that people have to sign saying they can't sue if they go back to work and contract the COVID.

Dude I live off a lil under 2k a month and I do just fine.

Where do you live?

You can live off 2k a month here in Miami if you live with your parents.. An efficiency down here averages $1,000-$1,300 a month for rent.. That’s basically a 12x12 room with a bathroom and little portable stove top and half sized fridge.. Count food, car payment, insurance (which here has some of the highest rates in the country, PIP is like $150 a month), utilities, gas, phone bill, internet/cable etc and you’re over 2k a month easy.. And not everyone lives in an efficiency.. An apartment in a decent area, not a rich area but a decent, middle class area will be anywhere from $1600-$2,000 a month, a house is anywhere from $2,200-$3,000+ a month depending on the size and location of the house.. Even in the ghetto/poverty areas down here, an apartment in an area where you literally have crack heads and prostitutes outside and crime everywhere (apartments in these areas have metal on the windows and doors for the bullets just in case because high gun violence is normal) will still cost $1,000-$1,300 a month.. And that’s just rent.. Count all the utilities and expenses and you’re way over 2k a month.. If you’re in an apartment or house in a decent area then forget it, that 2k is your rent IF THAT..

It’s not enough for some areas... You think 2k a month is enough in LA or New York as well? Lmao 2k a month is renting a closet in NY..

And not just that, but what effect will all that stimulus have on the economy in the long run is my main question..

Which is a huge problem.. Playing the short game always turns into a loss on the long run..
Disagree. If we can prevent millions of people being forced into homelessness then it will be better for us as a society, despite what you and your 401k might say :)

Disagree. If we can prevent millions of people being forced into homelessness then it will be better for us as a society, despite what you and your 401k might say :)

Don’t have a 401k.. My business, investments, and retirement plans are elsewhere..

Yes preventing homelessness and taking care of our society is important, I’m not disagreeing with the fact we need more funding and it’s going to help... But doesn’t that cause insane inflation rates? Doesn’t that end up fucking over the economy for longer in the long term? You can’t just print money and give it to everyone without consequences... If that was the case why don’t they just print a bunch of money and give everyone in the US a couple million each, you know, enough to live and do whatever we want without a single worry in the world, and have the whole country set for life and we live in a euphoric utopia for the rest of time and really be the best country in the world?

Oh, because that doesn’t work...

I think the only way it causes insane inflation is if they do not control interest rates AND our workforce decides to sit on their asses instead of being productive. Obviously, we will have to weather out this pandemic but afterwards, what the American public decides to do will dictate what will happen to our currency and whether we hold our place as the world's reserve currency. Americans are hard workers. I bet we hold for a while longer (maybe couple decades).

If we printed a bunch of money and funded everybody to "do whatever they wanted" our productivity would go WAY DOWN. We wouldn't be producing anything of value that would offset our wealth and yes, our currency would see depreciation in value and we'd lose status as reserve currency.

But handing a few thousand out to each family in the USA isn't giving everybody 2 million dollars! The government is just trying to keep the wheel greased long enough to get everybody back to work and being productive again.

I think the only way it causes insane inflation is if they do not control interest rates AND our workforce decides to sit on their asses instead of being productive. Obviously, we will have to weather out this pandemic but afterwards, what the American public decides to do will dictate what will happen to our currency and whether we hold our place as the world's reserve currency. Americans are hard workers. I bet we hold for a while longer (maybe couple decades).

If we printed a bunch of money and funded everybody to "do whatever they wanted" our productivity would go WAY DOWN. We wouldn't be producing anything of value that would offset our wealth and yes, our currency would see depreciation in value and we'd lose status as reserve currency.

But handing a few thousand out to each family in the USA isn't giving everybody 2 million dollars! The government is just trying to keep the wheel greased long enough to get everybody back to work and being productive again.

Umm, what do we produce? Lol again, I’m not trying to be a dick and I literally know barely anything about economics but don’t we import damn near everything? Almost everything from clothes to goods and medicine is produced elsewhere.. Shit I live in Miami and my Bananas say “Guatemala” and “Ecuador” on them lmao.. Yea sure we have entertainment and sports and real estate, but what do we actually produce for the world? We seem to consume a whole lot more than we produce...

And yes, 2k a month isn’t giving everyone millions.. But there’s about 160-200 million people working in the country.. That means an extra $320-$400 BILLION are being sent out monthly.. We’ve already put in $2.2 Trillion.. We need at least another $1.2 Trillion to hold that offer for 3 months, which the bill proposed said “until the economy stabilizes to before Covid-19 stats”... Which can be 3 months or a year, no one really knows.. And my question is how the fuck is the economy going to stabilize if money keeps getting dumped into it at that rate on a monthly basis?

The new portal does not let you update account info after the initial payment has been scheduled to go out or update account info already on file from previous return due to potential fraud issues.
How does he correct it so that all of his future funds dont do the same thing, go to that old closed account?

A bit longer term, think about the hit government is going to take next year when people pay their taxes. Income will be way down, so less taxes. I wonder if the feds will lower their budget? Here's wishing on a star.

I feel for people that have been laid off of work. But I feel the govt acted heavy handed in this decision. I am hoping everythihng will open back up by May 1st. The sanctuary states well that is another issue.

The sanctuary states pay the price every day not only in highest taxes housing shortages broken hospital systems school systems. But now the Gov of Ca wants to give stimulus checks to illegals. Cmon the people of these states need to put a stop to all the ridiculous protections and benefits being handed to these people who broke our laws and illegally came into this country the wrong way. This would fix a lot of the tax situation and housing shortages in these states.

My money is on everyone opening up on May 1st unless you have a worthless ruthless sell out. They would rather see the country fail then pick itself back up all in the name of politics. Hang on everyone we will be back in action on May 1st. The virus has been used to power grab and fear monger people into more control. MM

Last edited by a moderator:
This whole thing is bs
I only got $530 because I made to much last year but wtf that was last year not now I was laid off for 6 months till recently and the virus is now not last year so I don’t get there logic off last years income when the crisis is now.
And why is everyone getting same if california cost of living is different then other states but all states get same money. Whole thing is not thought out just typical gov

I was so hot about this yesterday lol, I've calmed down a bit today. Mine was just going into savings, anyway. I have watched well over half our workplace lose their jobs or encouraged to retire, some that have been there 40+ years. I guess I should be thankful that I don't NEED it need it. Hopefully this gets sorted out and payments really do get to those who could truly use it. My bills are paid, a lot of people can't say that right now. A lot.

That new proposal is ridiculous. They will basically bankrupt this country with that one. Do the math. On this current stimulus we borrow 2.2 Trillion. You want people back to work, not depending on the Government. The economy won't fly that way.

How does he correct it so that all of his future funds dont do the same thing, go to that old closed account?
He would have to put the new account information for direct deposit on his next return thats filed. They do not currently have anything in place to change account info once the return is filed. Usually, were he to talk to someone on the phone, they could at least input a transaction for the refund to go out as a check instead of attempting to go to the closed account first, saving a little time.

That new proposal is ridiculous. They will basically bankrupt this country with that one. Do the math. On this current stimulus we borrow 2.2 Trillion. You want people back to work, not depending on the Government. The economy won't fly that way.

Heh...not for everyone there Pesty..Cant bite the hand that feeds you and thats exactly what they want to do.

but dude you can't bankrupt the country, we've been in the negatives for years now! ;)

but dude you can't bankrupt the country, we've been in the negatives for years now! ;)

Lets look at it this way; the entire country has been shut down for the past 4-6 weeks and will be for at least 2 more weeks. While we all have put our live's on hold, there is a shitload of money that has been lost that can't be recreated. That money has to come from somewhere; either the government or the people. You take it all from the people and the entire country will collapse; especially if this continues. Since the world relies on our economy; that will have huge repercussions on the entire world.

A bit longer term, think about the hit government is going to take next year when people pay their taxes. Income will be way down, so less taxes. I wonder if the feds will lower their budget? Here's wishing on a star.
LOL.....good one.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bradyfan127